Using Other Peoples tactics for Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with both of you, its much better to make your own tactics, but the game is about having fun, but tactics isnt the only thing that makes you good at the game, you could be a master tactician but **** with finances so you get sacked....

In all my stories I've used my own tactic's except my Napoli one cause I did say I'd test JP's tactic, and it seemed to fit well with my players, so I tried that for 2 season's now I'm using my own.

I use mine 90% of the time, I only use someone else's when I'm testing a tactic for them.

I always say I'm going to test others tactic's, but just refer to my 4-4-2 I called, 'Weird shape'. As it was a weird shape, but now it isn't anymore XD

It's tottaly up to people whether they want to use other people tactics but personnally I think this defeats the object of the whole game and IRL you cant just take another managers tactics and use them exclty can you?

Yh im not on about stories now im on about in general, But tbh I'd rather come 10th in the league with my own tactic then win it with someone elses? and surely its even more boring winning game after game without fail?
Well if you pay for everyones FM2011 we'll consider not using other's tactics. :$

Would anyone be interested if I made some sort of thread on how to improve writing, as such? I do English at Uni and my set texts for the course are all really good books on how to improve grammar and sentence structure, etcetera.

So I guess I could copy out some of the extracts from there, if anyone was interested.

IRL you cant just take another managers tactics and use them exclty can you?
This might seem sarcastic and rude, but..

It's a game, not real life, this is just for fun.

Well if you pay for everyones FM2011 we'll consider not using other's tactics. :$

Do what you want mate, I'm not stopping you from 'stealing' tactics just think your ruining it for yourself, The only time you should really use other people tactics is like what some people have said, When your testing them for someone so they can perfect their own!

Would anyone be interested if I made some sort of thread on how to improve writing, as such? I do English at Uni and my set texts for the course are all really good books on how to improve grammar and sentence structure, etcetera.

So I guess I could copy out some of the extracts from there, if anyone was interested.

Couldn't do any harm mate, could help some of the people on the site in general. :)

Do what you want mate, I'm not stopping you from 'stealing' tactics just think your ruining it for yourself, The only time you should really use other people tactics is like what some people have said, When your testing them for someone so they can perfect their own!
It's not 'stealing', and I don't use other tactics unless I'm testing them. I think maybe you just take FM a little serious but it's up to you mate, FM is a fun game and I just use it as a past time really, but obviously everyone is different with the game.

Please do, hopefully will cut down a lot of the time I spend on translating.

Theres no fun in stealing tactics though ?:(

My god.

You are either retarded or really stubborn.

People like different things.

Some people don't have time to make their own tactics, others are too lazy, and some are just **** at it.

Those people will find it fun using someone elses tactic because it will allow them to play the game, and more than likely, not suck at it.

Couldn't do any harm mate, could help some of the people on the site in general. :)

Yeah I was thinking that mate. Not saying that my grammar or writing is perfect in any way, but it might encourage people to attempt more detail in their stories - I find that these are the most interesting, when there's a bit of background rather than extensive lists of match results.

Theres no fun in stealing tactics though ?:(
It's your opinion but it's not stealing, if it was stealing they wouldn't be uploaded by people onto the site. Stealing would be asking to test someones tactics pre release and then posting it before they do and taking credit.

Like Dunc said, you are really being quite stubborn about this.

It's not 'stealing', and I don't use other tactics unless I'm testing them. I think maybe you just take FM a little serious but it's up to you mate, FM is a fun game and I just use it as a past time really, but obviously everyone is different with the game.

I take it really seroiusly mate, got my suit on, pretend to shake hands at the start, make my nan do a fake press conference with me, you should try it

I generally don't like using other people's tactics - especially not for stories - just because i enjoy making them and editing them - however sometimes i do download and play them and still try to edit them to fit what i think is right - i also for the first time downloaded one of JP's tactics - not to "cheat" or overachieve but to emulate Brian Clough's tactics in my emulation story save - before which i spent a long time trying to find articles on his tactics so i could make them myself - after not much success i searched this site and found JP had done them - now i'm doing a story based on them and a personal save with Wenger tactics

Last edited:
I take it really seroiusly mate, got my suit on, pretend to shake hands at the start, make my nan do a fake press conference with me, you should try it
I wasn't insinuating you do all that, I'm simply saying you might take this a little seriously about using others tactics.

Forgive me for not finding your post funny, as you probably thought it was so hilarious.

No doubt I'd get an infraction for calling someone retarded..Freindship over job?

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

I wasn't insinuating you do all that, I'm simply saying you might take this a little seriously about using others tactics.

Forgive me for not finding your post funny, as you probably thought it was so hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was in stiches mate

Status
Not open for further replies.