Thunderstruck

Reaction score
I am totally and unbelievable livid by sports interactive.

FM13 available for pre purchase on steam, as you all might know about. And I'm curious to what the price is for you guys.

I asked a British and an american what it said for them

it will cost 30 Pounds, which in USD is $48USD
In US, it will be $40USD or so I'm told

For me in Australia, It's $89.99USD, I mean, WTF?

As far as I know it's SI that sets these prices. So why is it that we are paying double then everywhere else?

May have something to do with taxes....or something. Monetary rates etc

FM12 was $40USD for us when it came out, what was it for you guys on steam?

honestly can't remember. I think it was in the upper £20's. But to be honest I can't remember. This years one will be £39.99 if not pre-purchased. But some stores are selling it much cheaper

For $90 keep your money in your pocket friend. For me $90 is a great excuse for seeking a pirated version :p

I am totally and unbelievable livid by sports interactive.

FM13 available for pre purchase on steam, as you all might know about. And I'm curious to what the price is for you guys.

I asked a British and an american what it said for them

it will cost 30 Pounds, which in USD is $48USD
In US, it will be $40USD or so I'm told

As far as I know it's SI that sets these prices. So why is it that we are paying double then everywhere else?

Its not SI, if anyone its Sega and Steam who set it. Most likely its a mistake on Steam. Been raised on SI and Neil Brock is looking into it.

according to miles twitter it's the australian distributor for your country that decides teh prices not SI

Good to see the marketers have a bit of sense by lowering the price for the Americans.

Obviously, our favourite sport isn't so popular over there and hopefully the slightly lower price will mean more sales / more interest :)

Aussie games are always more expensive, for whatever reason. Must be irritating, but just think of it as a 'good beaches tax'.

For $90 keep your money in your pocket friend. For me $90 is a great excuse for seeking a pirated version :p

haha, i also live in australia and have never pirated a game, is it the same thing to the real version?

haha, i also live in australia and have never pirated a game, is it the same thing to the real version?
Dont know to be honest. Think you can't update the game with new patches so the bugs remain throughout

Last edited:

Have you only just moved to Australia? Because as far as I know the outrageous prices (for all games) have existed there for a long time.

Have you only just moved to Australia? Because as far as I know the outrageous prices (for all games) have existed there for a long time.

Pro Evo for PSP cost me 65 bucks in 2008.

if you had someone in England gift you the game for the English price and you paid them back that price, would that make it cheaper for you? is that possible?

if you had someone in England gift you the game for the English price and you paid them back that price, would that make it cheaper for you? is that possible?

That might be a good idea, if you know any trustworthy Englishmen..

That might be a good idea, if you know any trustworthy Englishmen..

If you do, do you know any leprechauns, unicorns and faries too? :pP

I got an American to buy mine, cost me 39.99 as opposed to 89.99.

Against Steams TOS and regularly results in people being banned.