Chrono

Reaction score
The Tactic I use for R. Madrid, very succesfull, because it has a very simple set-up instructions. Give it a go, a few matches. I don't have screens etc., but who cares, it's 4-4-2. It also works with small clubs.

Remember Valencia in his Golden Age... Play like them ;)

gonna try it today, ill report how its going with my Bromley in Blue Square South (H)

Yes, let me know. Keep me posted,

But remember, when you believe the Team's line up is to close, set player mentality of de CD's and SC's to normal, I advice not to, though, lol. What I advice is, when you have a slow defender in DC position, than give him an arrow back, or a fast midfielder, an arrow front.

Updated...

Improvements:

- Teamwork (Collective Play)
- GK now set Def Collect
- Players decide own style of play
- Closing down fixed linked with Teamwork (Adjusted Mentality)
- Blocking shots 80 %

When good morale of squad, I win like 4 a 5 to zero from all oppenents. Big clubs with good long shot can't be stopped, only be blocked.

Has anyone tested the tactic I created? Come on, try it out, and let me know the results. And if you see a point of improvement, keep me posted.

I will test it with Brentford..

Last edited:
i tested it out with ManCity and actualy it needs some changes. 5 victories, 10 draws! and 3 loses. sometimes it works very well, for example i beated Liverpool 4-1 but its not going great against lower teams. dont know it may be my squad issue but my team results made me to drop this tactic :(

Improve Training on Midfield if you have issue creating chances, or train your strikers more creativity training. Training and Morale, key to succes. If you draw or lose in away match, sometimes praising players can make the difference at next match.

Oh, btw, If you have good wingers, set passing to focus on flanks. I made it mixed, lol, cause Robben is the only winger I had, but he played like four matches the whole season. He suffered a broke leg, low, when playing for his national team, was out 8 months.

so surprising robben getting injured, and chrono, really...
VALENCIA NEVER NEVER NEVER HAD A GOLDEN AGE THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean come on we played them in CL champions like we were at home in a friendly, guys weren't even tired in the end of the game and they had only one quality player, mendieta rest were average. Can't wait for someone to make a tikitaka tactic :)

And you can't also blame me for trying. I'm a perfectionist, Valencia was good at that time, cause they played intelligent. Mendieta was, next to Claudio Lopez, a very intelligent player. Give it a go, and you see, the soul of Valencia will be re-born ^^

forgot about him Claudio Lopez was something I am not blaming you at all, but I never heard of Valencia's top football, to me it is just ateam that thinks too much of itself and celebrates winning the uefa!!! and after that, they come and try to rival madrid and barsa? They are BELOW the WORST madrid of the past ten years in liga and they are the BEST valencia since ten years. honestly I'll try your tactic just because it seems to work and I like your approach of youngsters and general football philosophy, and it's a 442 but well mine, with madrid also has led me to 55 games without loosing so I think now I'll just learn to shut up shop when I have to and not conceiding last minute goals.
edit: how does this tactic go against big teams?

Last edited:
YoungG beated Liverpool with Man City 4-1. What more can I say. Of course my biggest lost was vs Barca, 9-0, but than, I had 8 players left ^^. In CL, in my fourth and last season with Real, I beated Inter 5-0 at home, after I lost away 2-1. With France I managed to reach the final of Euro 2012, lost vs Italy 1-0, I played better, but they scored. Now I manage Havre Club Athletic, Ligue II, season five, and the football is impressive, but not enough quality to finish chances. Even I could finish better than the strikers Havre has. Read "Fernando Hierro's Vision" for what I am doing and the way I am about to manage my new club.

Maybe together we can improve this tactic, and can say afterwards that this is the style of soccer to play. This, my friends, is soccer.

Btw. If you have good wingers, set focus passing down both flanks. With Real I didnt had good wingers, and with Robben fit, I played him to the right, and set focus passing down right flank.

Report: It's not going very well cuz I have bad strikers and they just can't score.. but now I've bought Vaclav Kadlec so I hope he can score goals..

Remember, you can try all sort of tactics, it will never work if you're training isn't well.

Jo Aragonies ^^

I set all my midfielders to man mark, and put focus to down both flanks, very amazing. With Everton I played away vs Chelsea, report:

Chelsea didn't get into my penalty area, not even my GK during the whole match, and I rarely created chances, but the chances I created were often one on one with keeper, after beatifull through passes from my WEAK midfielders and excellent defenders, with Yobo and Hubbert, plus two regens players I promoted from youth, cause they had better potantial than, with all do respect, the elders. Another regen youngster opened the score (Age 17), in the first half, 44th minute. Second half Chelsea were getting more and more long shot, at the end of the game a total of almost 30. I managed to survive, till 78th minute. Within 5 minutes, Chelsea sub Roberto Soldado, lol, scored two stunning long shots strikes. At the end, quality won. But I show Chelsea I am not a push-over, or something like that.

i would love to try it but can't see it if you can put a pic up on here and instructions that would be cool cheers