coco85

Reaction score
4th July 11

Valencia Sack Unai Emery as President Manuel Llorente decides it's time for change. The decision was made after Emery stated in an interview after finishing 3rd in La Liga that he was wanting to leave Spain and head towards England. As this showed little loyalty towards Valencia, Manuel was not happy and wants a Manager who is fully commited to the Spanish giants. Emery will now be looking for a new managerial position while Valencia will be needing to find themselves a new Manager ready for the season ahead.
View attachment 240171
Unai Emery Leaves Valencia

5th July 11

Valencia today revealed there new Manager. Ricky Mileham an Englishman with very little managerial experience and a suprise candidate for the job. Mr Mileham has been in football for years as a Semi-Pro player. This will be his first outing into management and President Llorente stated "I back our new man Ricky Mileham and believe he will bring this club to glory that we all fully deserve and hope all players and fans will give him the same backing and belief I do."

Mr Mileham himself also stated "This is an opportunity i have been looking for and to join such a big club in my first managerial position is a dream come true. I would like to thank Manuel for believing and having faith in me and look to repay him by making Valencia a challenging side for all competitons and hopefully bring silverware with it."

Ricky wasted no time in charge at Los Ches as getting straight into the swing of things by Mutualy terminating contracts of four coach's including Assistant Manager Juan Carlos Carcedo. He is said to bringing fresh staff in.

6th July 11

Ricky Mileham started his recruiting campaign today by employing 9 First Team and Youth coach's including the likes of well known Italian Gian Nicola Bisciotti as Fitness coach and English born Brian Eastick as youth coach. Aswell as these he assigned Richard Barral as his Assistant. Mr Mileham also changed the pre-season fixture list to having a Tour of England matching up against the likes of Aston Villa and West ham.

I have started this story as wanted something different other than English teams so hope all read and enjoy. Any ideas or tips please feel free to say.

10th July 11 Mileham today started his summer signings by bringing in no less than three players. We saw unwanted Tottenham Midfielder David Bentley join on loan aswell as Manchester United's promising young Striker Danny Welbeck both season long loans. Liverpool's 23 year old want away Jay Spearing also joined the Los Ches in a £1.5 Million pound steal.Aswell as seeing players come in we see two leave with unwanted goalkeeper Cristiano loaned out to Spanish team Racing and also Spanish team Athletic Madrid took away Striker Artiz Aduriz for a reported £3.7 Million. Artiz said "I am sad to leave Valencia but I wont stay where I am not wanted." Mr Mileham is surely causing a stir in the Valencia team but hopefully for the better.
View attachment 240270
Aduriz Leaves Valencia

Valencia finally begun there pre-season friendlies today as they took the chance to show the Aston Villa fans what they are capable of. They started of slow ending the first half at 1-1 with goals from Soldado and then had there lead cancelled out by big centre forward Emile Heskey. The second half see Valencia change 8 of the starting 11 and on the stroke of 69 minutes they had a break of luck when half time substitute Danny Welbeck was brought down with a sickening two footed challenge from strong centre back Richard Dunne which saw him see red. Los Ches the capitalized on this by netting another two goals one from Ricardo Costa from a corner and Danny Welbeck's pace see him break through to slot home a third to give the away side victory.

View attachment 240301
MOM
Ricardo Costa

Last edited:
11th July 11
More transfer news has come from the Mestalla Stadium today as they get ready to take part in there second friendly of there English tour. We saw Goalkeeper Saul join Almeria on loan hopefully to join after the spell and Dutch midfielder Hedwiges Maduro joins German outfit Stuttgart in a deal worth in the region of £2.5 million. Saul is said to have been happy with the loan deal and Maduro was yet another player who left stating "New manager Ricky Mileham needs to get his head sorted after letting myself and Aduriz leave when we have been vital first teamers for Valencia, but i am happy with my new deal and wish Valencia all the best."

View attachment 240322
Maduro in Press Conference

12th July 11
Today we saw Valencia continue there tour of England where they visited West Ham United which was a walk in the park in a match they dominated from start to finish creating plenty of chances and constantly hounding the Hammers goal but were only able to convert 2 of these chances one from Soldado and Welbeck once again sealing the deal making it 2-0 to Valencia.

View attachment 240320
MOM
Danny Welbeck

I will follow. In my Bilbao story Valencia away is always my dreaded fixture for some reason

for those following i will be updating later today as got abit done last night (while at work) and the missus has put her foot down and wants taken out lol so hope u all enjoying so far.

16th July 11
Sunderland V Valencia
The game did not start to well for Valencia with having commanding centre back Ricardo Costa sent off with in the first 5 minutes for a challenge on Kieran Richardson as he was last man it was understandable. Though they were down to 10 men just 4 minutes later through Mehmet Topai who managed to get his head on to a floating freekick which found the net. That goal would be the only one of the game as a quiet second half saw Valencia make it 3 out of 3 wins on there English tour.

View attachment 240520
MOM
Adil Rami

18th July 11

Today we saw a fifth player leave the Mestalla Stadium who joined loanee Cristiano at Racing Club. Angel Dealbert joins the Spanish team as a fee of £2.2 million was accepted by Ricky Mileham for the unwanted Centre Back. Also this made way for proven Italian Left Winger Juan Manuel Vargas to join from Fiorentina with an undisclosed fee. This transfer is seen to be a major move forward for the club and hopefully for the fans too.

19th July 11

Norwich City V Valencia
Carrow road saw a strong fielded Valencia side where they started of brightly as with in 2 minutes Pablo Hernandez scored a precisely placed free kick after being brought down by Kris Barker on the edge of the eighteen yard box. Just 11 minutes later Danny Welbeck volleyed in at the back post from Jeremy Mathieu's floated free kick. Sofiane Feghouli then finished a close range effort to enter the break 3-0 up. With 6 changes at the interval Valencia maintained steady ground hitting the woodwork several times and goals from Ricardo Costa, Adil Rami and new man Juan Vargas secured 4 out of 4 wins in there English Tour.

View attachment 240522
MOM
Juan Manuel Vargas

28th July 11
Valencia V River Plate
After securing solid wins in England and having nine day break Valencia hosted Argentinian team River Plate at the Mestalla Stadium. Mileham's men showed home fans what they could do controlling possession through most of the game and on the 23rd minute Danny Welbeck pounced on a defensive error where he then rounded Carlos Oliva to slot the ball to the back of the net. Ricardo Costa added another just before the break to see the home team enter the break 2-0. The second half was a quiet one with a few shots from both teams and both keepers played well.

2nd August 11

Alcoyano V Valencia
With a David and Goliath approach to this game Valencia didn't fail to show the difference as Roberto Soldado only took 3 minutes to get the team started and Juan Vargas got a second just before half time. After changes at the break Pablo Hernandez came out and made it 3 after Soldado's shot rebounded of the keeper and with 2 more goals from Sergio Canales and Adil Rami ended this match, although Alcoyano grabbed a consolation goal that made no difference.

12th August 11

Ribarroja V Valencia
As Valencia's pre season came to an end today and they made sure it was closed with a bang as winger David Bentley opened scoring with a placed header. Young striker Jonas netted 2 poacher finish's and right back Miguel scored a half volley from a corner and that then closed to the break. Upon changes and slowing the tempo in the second half Valencia still caused the home side trouble when goals from Welbeck, Feghouli, Spearing, Ruiz and Rami gave a boost to the team and high morale to start the new season ahead.

25th August 11

View attachment 240633

Group Stage F
Man Utd
Valencia
Bayern Leverkusen
Malmo FF
A tough group handed to Spainish team Valencia and they will need to take points from Manchester and Bayern if they stand a chance to enter the knockout stages. Malmo FF shouldn't be underestimated but should be easy pickings for the others.

27th August 11
Week 1

View attachment 240629

Valencia V Racing
La Liga kicked off today with hopefull's Valencia at home to Racing Club. With much speculation on how English manager Ricky Mileham would do with his starlets Valencia and showing promise in pre season winning all friendlies at home and away. Only one of the new signing's starting this game and ex Los Ches man Angel Dealbert made his debut for away side Racing not having a good start. The Centre Back scored the only goal of the game and unfortunately for him and gratefully for Valencia it was in his own net. Valencia won this game but in fairness it was a poor game with neither team getting started. Though it wasn't pretty i am sure Mr Mileham will be happy just for getting his own Debut out the way and 3 points on the table.

We also had transfer news for Valencia as Loanee Sergio Canales was sent back to Barcelona after Ricky Mileham said he would not be used and they need to save the money from his 27k a week contract.

1st September 11
Just 4 hours before the transfer window shut Valencia made a last minute dabble and managed to sign Ajax centre back Toby Alderweired. The 22 year old Belgium was said to be "delighted" with joining the Spanish team and raring to make his debut. Ricky had must have found it hard to make this transfer go through as French side Lille were said to have put a bid in which was also accepted.

11th September 11
Week 2
Valencia V At. Madrid

Valencia shared the Mestalla with Athletic Madrid today where it ended 2-1. Pablo Hernandez gave Valencia the lead within 2 minute's of kick off by pouncing on a rebounded shot and slotting the ball home himself. Then on 30 minutes Roberto Soldado netted the second. Arda Turan scored his first goal for Madrid and brought one back but then frustration got he better of the player as he went for a header with Mathieu but didn't even look for the ball and instead landed his elbow square in the face of the left back. The second half saw Madrid's goal line hounded by the front line of Los Ches who were just uncapable of making Madrid sink without trace.

Last edited:
Canales plays for Madrid no? That is a tough group but if you get into the Europa League you will fancy your chances (beware of Bilbao though lol)

Just had 3 games in a row against Valencia in my Bilbao save!

Oh and great updates by the way. Much more detailed than mine!

Tough group.Leverkusen are your main challengers for second

Canales plays for Madrid no? That is a tough group but if you get into the Europa League you will fancy your chances (beware of Bilbao though lol)

Just had 3 games in a row against Valencia in my Bilbao save!

I have the new update and it said he was returning to Barcelona so not sure there. yh if i do drop out into Europa i think i will stand more of a chance but would much prefer champions league all the way.

Tough group.Leverkusen are your main challengers for second

Yh i think your right there buddy but i plan to ease past Bayern and challenge United more hate the Devils lol

14th September 11

View attachment 241230
Bayern Leverkusen V Valencia

Kicking off the Champions League campaign today Valencia travelled to Germany facing Bayern Leverkusen. From the start the home side were looking on top and in control untill playmaker Renato Augusto picked up an injury. With there starlet out of the game while recieving treatment and some direct football from Valencia saw Roberto Soldado get on the end of a route one long ball to slot it in to go one up. Only two minute's later David Bentley swung a corner in to the box where centre back Adil Rami nipped in at the front post to head a second goal in for the LosChes. But injury time of the first half Tranquil Barnetta brought a goal back which Leverkusen much deserved and made the break 2-1. While wasting no time in the start of the second half it took three minutes for Friedrich to power a shot past Valdes to bring the score level. Ten minutes later Striker Kiebling broke the offside trap to slot away the ball to give Leverkusen the lead and it was a long time coming. Valencia tryed to pull back into the game but fitness was on Bayern's side and they held on and deserved there three points.
The other Group F game saw Man Utd held 0-0 to Malmo FF and ment Leverkusen go to the top.

17th September 11

View attachment 241252
Sporting V Valencia
A defeat mid-week against Leverkusen we wondered if Valencia would pick themselves up and the answer seemed to be yes. Just nine minutes into this game Pablo Hernandez got on the end of Juan Vargas's cross and then on forty four minutes Danny Welbeck scored his first league goal with a tap in from earlier goal scorer Hernandez's cross. With only one minute gone in the second half Sporting's problems continued as Eguren got sent for a early bath but looking back at the replay it didn't look deserved. Valencia took full control after this with the likes of Ricardo Costa and Juan Vargas shot home one each to give Valencia a third win in the league.
On the down side for Valencia we did see centre back Adil Rami stretchered off and told he will be out for upto two months.

MOM
Juan Manuel Vargas
View attachment 241259

20th September 11

Valencia V Barcelona
Continuing the La Liga today saw favourites Barcelona take on Valencia at the Mestalla Stadium and struggled to get going unlike home side Valencia who gave there fans a performance they wont forget. Danny Welbeck scored a goal line scramble after Dani Parejo smashed a freekick off the bar which bounced straight down. Welbeck then had a few one on ones which he failed to convert and will be grateful his first shot found the net. Barcelona then had a unlucky start to the second half as wonder man Lionel Messi went off injured and Valencia caused more and more problems but just wasn't able to beat Victor Valdes and had to settle for a 1-0 win which Mr Mileham wont be unhappy about.

24th September 11
Sevilla V Valencia
After such a good result against Barcelona things did not seem to go to plan today at Sevilla as 16 minutes into the first half we saw winger Vargas go off injured and also Federico Fazio smashed two headers from set pieces to make the Los Ches helpless. To add to more dismay Pablo Piatti was then taken injured and left the field but Ricardo Costa said i can do as good as you to Fazio and headed a goal in to finish the first half 2-1. The second half looked better for Valencia as Pablo Hernandez drew things level and then we see barrage's of shots from both teams and both keepers on top of there game which left this game 2-2.

25th September 11

Press Conference
View attachment 241269
Mr Mileham called a press conference today to fill the loyal fans of Mestalla Stadium in on the injured parties from yesterday's game. Ricky was said to say " I have this morning spoke to our medical staff to find out unfortunately our two players injured in yesterday's game Juan Vargas who will be out for 5-6 weeks with a twisted ankle and Pablo Piatti is worse and out for 3-4 months with a badly torn hamstring. We are satisfied with the players that will stand in will do a good job and soon enough you will find out who they will be. Hopefully though our players will make a speedy recovery."