Valencia vs Manchester United: ITV1 KO 1945

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 5K
3-0 United. Pretty confident for this one :). Im hoping for a 4-3-3 with Nani and Hernandez supporting Berba.

0-0. Tough game, Mata should do well against your full backs, Soldado is always a threat, Banega's so under-rated.Hope it's not 0-0 though

im going for 2-1 to Valencia. They are playing well at the moment and will tear Utds shaky defence appart.
like chelsea they have done well against smaller sides but they stuttered in their first big test against athletico. they are not quick at the back, and we have pace in abundance, and no problem scoring goals. tough game, but united are definitely capable of a win here. score draw most likely though

What is the obsession with polls suddenly? :$

like chelsea they have done well against smaller sides but they stuttered in their first big test against athletico. they are not quick at the back, and we have pace in abundance, and no problem scoring goals. tough game, but united are definitely capable of a win here. score draw most likely though

couldn't agree more. tonight will be tough there is no doubt about it, we are more than capable of beating Valencia though.

OFFICIAL

VDS

Rafael
Rio
Vida
Evra

Fletcher
Carrick
Anderson

Nani
Berbatov
Park

Bench: PIG, Owen, Smalling, Chicharito, O'Shea, Macheda, Gibson

Valencia: Cesar Sanchez, Miguel, Maduro, Navarro, Mathieu, Hernandez. Costa, Albelda, Mata, Dominguez, Soldado

Wow.. 3 strikers on the bench.

Sort of surprised at no Owen, but I guess he doesn't want to be too open.

looks a very strong side, happy O'Shea isn't playing and Rafeal is getting a chance.

looks a very strong side, happy O'Shea isn't playing and Rafeal is getting a chance.
pace on pace. hes up against mata, rafael needs to have a big game though. he cant get caught out becuase his pace wont save against against someone who is almost as quick. also he can pin mata back with his runs

pace on pace. hes up against mata, rafael needs to have a big game though. he cant get caught out becuase his pace wont save against against someone who is almost as quick. also he can pin mata back with his runs

thats why he is there, to deal with the threat of pace. i think he will be ok though, he offers something different when going forward as well other than O'Shea, I think its a good move by Sir Alex.

thats why he is there, to deal with the threat of pace. i think he will be ok though, he offers something different when going forward as well other than O'Shea, I think its a good move by Sir Alex.
aye, a much more dynamic play than big john. Looking at the side think SAF has been reluctant to play him because scholes isnt mobile enough to cover him while valencia is out, and you wont get that tracking back from nani. plus when its 3v3 in midfield the most free players are the fullbacks, so tactically, attacking fullbacks can often provide the greatest threat on the pitch

Soldado and Mata will be a big threat for united tonight , United have a strong defence though

aye, a much more dynamic play than big john. Looking at the side think SAF has been reluctant to play him because scholes isnt mobile enough to cover him while valencia is out, and you wont get that tracking back from nani. plus when its 3v3 in midfield the most free players are the fullbacks, so tactically, attacking fullbacks can often provide the greatest threat on the pitch

I agree, Rafeal isn't very disclipined and won't come back and defend after attacking but thats just inexperience for you. On the flip side, when we're attacking, i'd rather have Rafeal making darting runs and overlaps than O'Shea

Back