Valencia vs Manchester United: ITV1 KO 1945

Rafael can play really well against big players, however he can be caught out, I hope he really does well, I'm a bit dissapointed with the lack of Bebe, would have been interesting as his pace and strength on the wing could have helped, but it's a good team (on paper!!)

Rafael can play really well against big players, however he can be caught out, I hope he really does well, I'm a bit dissapointed with the lack of Bebe, would have been interesting as his pace and strength on the wing could have helped, but it's a good team (on paper!!)

It would have been too much of a risk to play him tonight. He is far too inexperience for the kind of game that tonight is, and would probably have had abuse hurled at him for it. Good decision by Fergie to leave him out and just let him experience it without being involved.

how the sides have lined up:

valenciaunited.jpg

I can honestly see us getting a win. Think we will overawe them and come away comfortable winners. Going to change my prediction to 2-0.

1-2 valencia grab half time lead through soldado, united come back with berbatov and scholes!

Slightly off topic, but in the early Champions League game...

Rubin Kazan 1-1 Barcelona - Noboa (Pen) / Villa (Pen)

Messi was on the bench and came on with just over 5 minutes left. Massive points dropped by Barca.

Messi was on the bench and came on with just over 5 minutes left. Massive points dropped by Barca.
not only that, they could have lost it in the dying minutes, martins slammed a header into the post from point blank range

Why was messi on the bench ? , Is he still recovering from his injury ?

rubin are like barca's bogey team, double over them last year. I know there was a side that could figure out barcelona.

to be honest the vidoe means little, i could find videos on all the united players and say beware valencia. both sides have threats in their ranks

Yes i no that. Just thought i would post that incase anyone wanted to see it

Valencia look lively whenever they go forward already. We need an early goal to settle us down.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Been a decent performance so far.. We need a goal though.

Keep this thread updated with the score please 8-| Watching the rangers game

neither side looks like they want to control the game.

Both teams seem as if they'd be happy for a draw. I hope that's not the case and it livens up after half time.

The game needs a goal, badly.

Both teams seem as if they'd be happy for a draw. I hope that's not the case and it livens up after half time.

The game needs a goal, badly.
we're actually causing ourselves more problems being defensive and slow. even our counters are ponderous.

I want to see us come out of half time and go all guns blazing for 10 minutes or so. Just batter them completely and put a load of pressure on them and see what we get from it. This patient play isn't going to work against a slow team because it's what they want.

Guy from BBC first half verdict

HALF-TIME Valencia 0-0 Man Utd
"It's not awful, but it's not very interesting. Dare I say it, but both teams already look like they'd be happy with a point. That's not much fun now, is it? Let's hope we improve."