Van der Sar sets retirement date

A very good keeper who will be missed, solid between the posts and at times never given credit for his part in sucessfull seasons

What a goalkeeper, he's that player that Arsenal have been missing for the last few years.

He will probably be a coach for Man U.....It has been hinted many times.

Last i heard was that he will be taking time out the game for a few years to be with His Family, but Fergie will always have a job for him, when he decides the time is right,

This will be a good last couple of months for him but I can only see a few people replacing him such as De Gea but he said hes happy at A.Madrid,Neuer or Akinfeev we havent even scouted Adler for some reason :(

Excellent keeper and it will me a huge test for Fergie to replace the lad. With the exception of Schemichal and VDS Fergie's track record with signing keepers is not that great.

Am I the only one that thinks Lindegaard is his immediate replacement? I really hope Van Der Sar goes into coaching, I'm sure he still has a lot to offer the cub

This will be a good last couple of months for him but I can only see a few people replacing him such as De Gea but he said hes happy at A.Madrid,Neuer or Akinfeev we havent even scouted Adler for some reason :(

I could of sworn we have a few times????? oO)

Kuszczak will stay as a backup keeper, while lindegaard hot prospect for the future probobaly,

De Gea.Neuer.Stekelburg,akinfeev?

Any of them are quality, and would love to see them at united.

Lindegaard is 26? Hardly a hot prospect imo! ;)

Last edited:
But to be fair 26 for a keeper is like being 20 for an outfield player.

Fair enough, but imo, I think Lindergaard should at least start to play, at 26 he'll need some form of PL experience!

Fair enough, but imo, I think Lindergaard should at least start to play, at 26 he'll need some form of PL experience!

yeah I honestly think Lindergaard may be in with a shout otherwise why purchase him?

I doubt it going to be De Gea as he is happy in Madrid while Afkineev, Adler etc. could all be in with a chance but i doubt Fergie will have enough money to get these type of keepers

yeah I honestly think Lindergaard may be in with a shout otherwise why purchase him?

I doubt it going to be De Gea as he is happy in Madrid while Afkineev, Adler etc. could all be in with a chance but i doubt Fergie will have enough money to get these type of keepers

He probably does have the money but he wont buy in Jan..... he either buys in the summer or its Lindergaard!

Here in Portugal people are talking about Rui Patrício to replace him. The papers today were all over it.

Big fan of Edwin Van Der Sar, what a decorated career he has. I mean too play and win stuff at Ajax, Juventus and Manchester United is pretty good but winning the Intertoto Cup with Fulham was surely the highlight of his career.

Over 900 games and 130 for Holland, amazing player.

Legend. Simple as that, one of the true footballing geniuses who show that a footballer can have more than a few brain cells. He had amazing courage to keep playing after his wife fell ill, it shows his commitment to the game and he'd make an amazing coach simply because of his respect and knowledge of the game.

One of my most memorable moment.

van_der_sar_682x400_492036a.jpg

Last edited:
One of the greatest of this generation and arguably one of the best ever. Wonder if he will return after he has his time out from the game.