Van der Vaart inspires Tottenham win

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Rafael Van der Vaart scores twice to earn Tottenham a come-from-behind win that ends Gerard Houllier's 100% record as Aston Villa manager.

More...

VDV showing quality hat spurs have lacked recently.

VDV: World Class, a poor match though, we failed to create chances and finish them off.

I think Spurs is the perfect kind of club for VdV. Like he showed at Hamburg, he looks happier being the big fish in a small pond rather than the other way around at Madrid.

I think Spurs is the perfect kind of club for VdV. Like he showed at Hamburg, he looks happier being the big fish in a small pond rather than the other way around at Madrid.

don't we all prefer to be the best man in a team that being in a team where we have tons of competition and will probably be @bench? -.-

I wouldnt call modric, lennon, defoe and bale a small pond ..

don't we all prefer to be the best man in a team that being in a team where we have tons of competition and will probably be @bench? -.-

Not necessarily, some players like to be at a club where they'll probably get paid more, play with the best players in the world and win the best trophies (No offence, but Spurs probably won't win the CL or PL, or be close..)

Agreed. I think that's why Fabregas decided to stay at Arsenal in the end.

possibly the best bargain this season along with Odemwingie.

Not necessarily, some players like to be at a club where they'll probably get paid more, play with the best players in the world and win the best trophies (No offence, but Spurs probably won't win the CL or PL, or be close..)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Spurs have won a trophy in the last 5 years?

I never understood him to be sold by Real Madrid, even less counting on the fee paid.

He's showing every match that I am right. He could have been a great player for Madrid, if he would have been given more oportunities.

I never understood him to be sold by Real Madrid, even less counting on the fee paid.

He's showing every match that I am right. He could have been a great player for Madrid, if he would have been given more oportunities.
He didnt make at Real Madrid because of the culture at the club, look at Sniedjer and Robben, both flourised after leaving madrid, having said that van der vaart isnt in their league. A very good player, but the fact that the only team to make a bid for him apart from Spurs was Athletico Madrid (this from the mouth of Van der Vaart himself) suggests that he is not quite trusted by the very best teams. I suspect he will be using this season to prove them wrong

He didnt make at Real Madrid because of the culture at the club, look at Sniedjer and Robben, both flourised after leaving madrid, having said that van der vaart isnt in their league. A very good player, but the fact that the only team to make a bid for him apart from Spurs was Athletico Madrid (this from the mouth of Van der Vaart himself) suggests that he is not quite trusted by the very best teams. I suspect he will be using this season to prove them wrong
Yes, this is what I always criticize about Madrid, specially in those Florentino's eras.

They are always looking for a big names squad and forgot about building a team with good players (despite some of the signings made this season, that go in that way -Carvalho, Kedhira,...-)

I tell you what Van Der Vaart has made an inspired start to life at Spurs, every game ive watched of theirs hes looked quite frankly world class and the games i havent seen all ive read has been positive comments. He looks like a bargain buy and im sure he is going to have a great season.

Good result for Spurs. VdV really starting to show the form he is capable of. If he carries on, he could quite possibly carry Spurs into the top 4, and past the group stages of the CL.

Back