Van der Vaart inspires Tottenham win

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 2K
Good result, but I am disappointed about the way we are playing.

Hats of I thought he would be ****, especially after not cutting it a R,Madrid and not impressing me at the World Cup (from the bench). But still early days, and would like to see him when the Spuds have all options open ( Defoe fit) where would harry play him and modric if he plays with 2 strikers. But still doing better then i thought

Hats of I thought he would be ****, especially after not cutting it a R,Madrid and not impressing me at the World Cup (from the bench). But still early days, and would like to see him when the Spuds have all options open ( Defoe fit) where would harry play him and modric if he plays with 2 strikers. But still doing better then i thought

When Defoe comes back he'll probe drop pav and play Defoe or play VDV of Defoe with Lennon on the right

When Defoe comes back he'll probe drop pav and play Defoe or play VDV of Defoe with Lennon on the right

so what i think your saying is play modric on left (bale at left back), lennon on right and Van Der Vart off Defoe then. with Huddleston and Palacios in Midfield . Now all you need to do is invest in some top central defenders and will again have 3 london clubs in top 4

so what i think your saying is play modric on left (bale at left back), lennon on right and Van Der Vart off Defoe then. with Huddleston and Palacios in Midfield . Now all you need to do is invest in some top central defenders and will again have 3 london clubs in top 4

Gomes.
Corluka - King - Dawson (when he will be fit) - Bale.
Lennon - Huddlestone - Palacios - Modric.
van der Vaart.
Defoe

No, I think he was saying..

Gomes
Corluka - King - Dawson - Assou-Ekotto
Lennon - Huddlestone - Modric - Bale
Van der Vaart
Defoe​

what shrewd buy for harry redknapp hes exciting find

impressive performance

No, I think he was saying..

Gomes
Corluka - King - Dawson - Assou-Ekotto
Lennon - Huddlestone - Modric - Bale
Van der Vaart
Defoe​
Hardly any defensive players in there though ;)

Fair play, Spurs needed quality for their champions league season, they got it. I'm really glad that he hasn't flopped so far. This is what makes the Premier League the best league in the world, always attracting the best players and for once it's not the original top 4 who have signed a great player! :wub:

Hardly any defensive players in there though ;)

You would think, but it works suprisingly well, as Thudd and Modric are both very clever players, when one attacks the other drops and it works to good effect. We beat Chelsea and Arsenal at home last season playing them together.

I'm much happier with Modric and Huddlestone in the centre, than anyone else we have.

They have a good partnership.

Gomes
Kaboul King Dawson Assou-Ekotto
Huddlestone Modric
Lennon Van der Vaart Bale
[New Striker]​

The above would be my ideal first XI. We need a proven lone-striker though. We don't have one at the moment, despite how well Crouch thinks he is playing alongside VDV.

I like him very much, just that he shouldn't have played for Madrid. He wasted precious 2-3 good years with that joke of a club. Whenever he was on field he gave 100 % scoring many imp winners/goals. But as Madrid done time and again benched the had working player for no reason. I wish him all the best. Just hope it is not just the purple patch like deco had with Chelsea.

I like him very much, just that he shouldn't have played for Madrid. He wasted precious 2-3 good years with that joke of a club. Whenever he was on field he gave 100 % scoring many imp winners/goals. But as Madrid done time and again benched the had working player for no reason. I wish him all the best. Just hope it is not just the purple patch like deco had with Chelsea.

He was dropped because they spent £56M on Kaka. You don't spend that kind of money on a player to not play him because someone else is on form. You play the expensive player anyway and bring the in form player onto the pitch if things aren't working out. He chose to stay and fight for his place last season when they gave him the opportunity to leave, you can't blame Madrid for his refusal to leave the club.

He was dropped because they spent £56M on Kaka. You don't spend that kind of money on a player to not play him because someone else is on form. You play the expensive player anyway and bring the in form player onto the pitch if things aren't working out. He chose to stay and fight for his place last season when they gave him the opportunity to leave, you can't blame Madrid for his refusal to leave the club.

He didnt move as his wife was receiving treatment. So he delayed for 1 year. And rest i disagree. You play the player based on merit not based on for how much you bought him.

He didnt move as his wife was receiving treatment. So he delayed for 1 year. And rest i disagree. You play the player based on merit not based on for how much you bought him.

That isn't true at all.

Berbatov was shocking for you guys initially; yet because you paid over 30 million, he kept being played.

If he cost 10 million, he would have been written-off.

That isn't true at all.

Berbatov was shocking for you guys initially; yet because you paid over 30 million, he kept being played.

If he cost 10 million, he would have been written-off.

Berbatov was played as he was diffeent from all our strikers at that time. If we buy any LB for 10M i dont see that player starting ahead of Evra .Same with Vidic.

It does when you're a club like Real Madrid.

They were ridiculed for spending the amounts of money they spent, so for them to spend that much money and not play him, they would have ridiculed even more so. People like you would say "They ruined his career".

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

But they didn't spend £10M on him. They spent £56M. They broke the World Record for him (even though they broke it again a week later). If we went and signed Messi tomorrow for £90M and didn't play him because Nani was playing better we'd be absoloutley raped by the press and the fans.

Money is a key factor, sunilvk7.

If not for performance, then for marketing and merchandising.

It does when you're a club like Real Madrid.

They were ridiculed for spending the amounts of money they spent, so for them to spend that much money and not play him, they would have ridiculed even more so. People like you would say "They ruined his career".

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

But they didn't spend £10M on him. They spent £56M. They broke the World Record for him (even though they broke it again a week later). If we went and signed Messi tomorrow for £90M and didn't play him because Nani was playing better we'd be absoloutley raped by the press and the fans.

Madrid have spent on Kaka when there was absolutely no need for him as they had VDV and Sneijder. So my rant was justified on Madrid.

Back