Vela joins West Bromwich Albion on loan

Nathan

Reaction score
gun__1284624515_vela.jpg

Carlos Vela has joined West Bromwich Albion on loan until May 2011.

The young forward has scored 11 goals in his 62 appearances for the Gunners in his two and a half seasons in England.

Carlos, who has enjoyed previous loan stints with Salamanca and Osasuna in Spain, joins Roberto Di Matteo’s team to continue his development and gain valuable further first team experience.
"Carlos is a top quality player and at the moment we have too many strikers," said Arsène Wenger. “He does not get the games he deserves and he needs to play."

Cancun-born Vela (21) is already established at international level. He helped Mexico to victory at the 2005 FIFA Under-17 World Cup as the tournament’s top scorer and has already racked up 33 caps and nine goals at senior level. Last summer, he represented his country at the World Cup in South Africa.

Carlos signed a new long-term contract with Arsenal in December 2009.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes Carlos the best of luck during his time at The Hawthorns.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/vela-joins-west-bromwich-albion-on-loan

Epic

Go on Carlos play great and come back to us in the summer

Great signing for albion, their sort of player.

I would have liked to have saw us loan him, but he wouldn't battle hard enough for our style of play.

West Brom play some sexy stuff so he should fit in. Hopefully he will get some game time.

Haha he better do well for the mighty baggies!

Great signing for albion, their sort of player.

I would have liked to have saw us loan him, but he wouldn't battle hard enough for our style of play.

yeh he cant play hoofball ;):p(A)

yeh he cant play hoofball ;):p(A)

oooo that's harsh... :$

he wouldn't fight for the ball and defend from the front, which is generally how we try to play, no doubt he is a class act and a finisher, which would be very useful, but he may struggle with the other aspects of our play.

we don't always play hoofball, only when desperate for a goal!! "for the record" ^^)

I'm staying away from patch 11.3 when it comes out. He is amazing in the game, excellent pace, good finishing and he scores almost for fun.

Not necessarily impressed by him, good luck to him either way.

Great deal for all partys. WBA really only have Odemwingie and i can see a Wilshere type thing happening here.

He wants to play would you drop Davies and Elmander for him?

I think he'd displace one with his performances, or even play all 3. Same question could be asked about who would West Brom drop.

I think he has this season to prove himself or he'll have to move from Arsenal, I think he is overrated, he has never really played consistently (I mean as in once every couple of weeks, nevermind playing well) at a top level. I hope someone loans Dos Santos now.

That's a great signing for West Brom, I'm certain him and Odemwingie will be lethal!