Then I'm also getting games like this where I don't win. Somehow I drew this game 1-1!

View attachment 1119486
You need to make adjustments from time to time to your formation. By looking at this screenshot it's looking like the AI is used to your style of play. May even just be a small adjustment, in example moving the AMC to MC or something just that your formation is being recognized as another one. Should work just fine then

View attachment 85563View attachment 85564View attachment 85565

Amazing 4-2-3-1, works well with a great squad. Got beaten because of instant result once lol. Made a small tweak (can upload if anyone interested, maybe will work for you aswell). Some tests after winning the league, lost ofc.
Starting 2nd season, will upload results. Love it.

Last edited:
View attachment 1125467View attachment 1125466View attachment 1125465

Amazing 4-2-3-1, works well with a great squad. Got beaten because of instant result once lol. Made a small tweak (can upload if anyone interested, maybe will work for you aswell). Some tests after winning the league, lost ofc.
Starting 2nd season, will upload results. Love it.

Glad you like it!

What did you tweak with this tactic? Did not use this one I made for quite some time and remember that the DLP's rating just averaged 7,0 over the cause of a season and that the CF had the odd poor run of form here and there.

Glad you like it!

What did you tweak with this tactic? Did not use this one I made for quite some time and remember that the DLP's rating just averaged 7,0 over the cause of a season and that the CF had the odd poor run of form here and there.

View attachment 85512

B2B added "Shoot more often" because of amazing finishing and long shots. Scores quite often from long range.
FB's added "Sit narrower". Left FB to AT because i believe DLP covers it. Thats why i switched B2B with DLP.
DLP Ander Herrera 3 goals, 2 assists 7.21 so DLP works pretty well.
B2B Pogba scored 9 goals, 8 assists 7.65 rating. Milinkovic Savic rotation 8 goals, 2 assists 7.35 rating.

Small tweak but works just fine :)

View attachment 1125520

B2B added "Shoot more often" because of amazing finishing and long shots. Scores quite often from long range.
FB's added "Sit narrower". Left FB to AT because i believe DLP covers it. Thats why i switched B2B with DLP.
DLP Ander Herrera 3 goals, 2 assists 7.21 so DLP works pretty well.
B2B Pogba scored 9 goals, 8 assists 7.65 rating. Milinkovic Savic rotation 8 goals, 2 assists 7.35 rating.

Small tweak but works just fine :)

With that squad thats not that hard mate, I can't get work 4-2-3-1 narrow with small teams with weaker squads

The best standard tactics. Those strikeless tactics just ruined the game. Thanks for job.

Last edited:
I've tweaked the tactic, and in 10 games I'm getting fantastic results, whilst my striker is scoring like crazy, will finish the season so I can get an idea if the tweak is stable.

I've tweaked the tactic, and in 10 games I'm getting fantastic results, whilst my striker is scoring like crazy, will finish the season so I can get an idea if the tweak is stable.
some news mate?

I can't believe I lost all my text beacause you can't post images until you have 10 posts....

I'll resume it as I'm tired to write more:

Doumbia 20 games 23 goals, Dost 30 games 19 goals

DLP -> Poacher

Left IF -> Advanced Playmaker support
Right IF -> (attack)

Wingbacks -> Fullbacks Support

28 victories in a row with sporting and a not so good team

I can't believe I lost all my text beacause you can't post images until you have 10 posts....

I'll resume it as I'm tired to write more:

Doumbia 20 games 23 goals, Dost 30 games 19 goals

DLP -> Poacher

Left IF -> Advanced Playmaker support
Right IF -> (attack)

Wingbacks -> Fullbacks Support

28 victories in a row with sporting and a not so good team

For which version mate, counter or control?

Did not come around to buying FM 18, yet. I think I am going to wait for another couple of updates I guess.
On the other hand, I still have quite a lot of fun with FM 17.