VerZa

Reaction score
Hey there guys!

I finally decided to purchase FM16, and of course my first mission was to create a 4-3-3 DM tactic (Like on FM15).
And here it is!

I haven't fully tested the tactic, and that's where you guys come in! I'd love if you could help me test it and give me some feedback.
I've only tested the tactic with Manchester United, so I don't know how it works with smaller/weaker teams, but the results are quite promising so far, but of course the tactic is still just a beta!

Lets get down to it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The Tactic:

View attachment 170470

Important stats:
Wingbacks: Acceleration, pace, crossing, marking, tackling, positioning
Central defenders: Acceleration, pace (Due to high D-line, lower the D-line if you've got slow defenders or facing counter-attacking teams and fast paced attackers), marking, tackling.
DM: All the stats that an Anchorman requires! This man will be making alot of interceptions.
CM: Here I prefer having an overall CM, pretty much like Schneiderlin. Strength, passing, work rate etc!
AP: Passing, technique, first touch, composure, vision etc..
IF's: Dribbling, technique, first touch, finishing, acceleration. Left IF should be right footed and Right IF left footed!
CF: I don't really have a prefered player here. I believe both a strong and tall player and a fast paced player can work here. Martial is doing wonders here, but I can also imagine Lukaku doing just fine in this position (Haven't tested it though)!

Training:
View attachment 170469

When facing smaller teams I prefer having match prep: Att. Movement, to make sure that I don't end up with a silly draw, that could be avoided, as I was dominating the game.
When facing stronger teams, I prefer having it at def. pos.

General training is totally your decision! If you're having offensive problems during the season, change it to offensive and vice versa.

OI's:
None, but you can change it according to the team and players you're facing, and according to how the match is developing.

Results:
View attachment 170468

View attachment 170467

Download link:

VerZa's 4-3-3 2016

I want to start a new career, and Bayer Leverkusen seems like a decent challenge. Not to mention that its squad it's perfect for 4-3-2-1 ;)

I'll use your tactic Verza, I remember having good success in previous FMs thanks to your work!

Hey Verza, is there any way to fit this tactic for Javier Hernandez? As you probably know, hes a rather one-dimensional striker...he can score, full stop. He can't pass, can't dribble, has poor Technique etc.

I am afraid that switching the role of the lone striker to Advanced Forward or something else would destroy the effectiveness of the tactic...do you have any advice?

Also, what tweaks do you suggest when needing a goal and in difficult away games?

Hey Verza, is there any way to fit this tactic for Javier Hernandez? As you probably know, hes a rather one-dimensional striker...he can score, full stop. He can't pass, can't dribble, has poor Technique etc.

I am afraid that switching the role of the lone striker to Advanced Forward or something else would destroy the effectiveness of the tactic...do you have any advice?

Also, what tweaks do you suggest when needing a goal and in difficult away games?

Have you tried Chicharito as the complete forward? Perhaps he might just pan out in that position.. If not, I'd suggest that you try changing his role, but I gotta admit that Chicharito might not be the best option in this tactic, but tbh I don't know. Haven't tried that kind of player yet. Haven't had any time to play the game since I posted the tactic :p

When chasing a goal in the last 10 minutes, you can try switching the mentality, untick "shoot less often" from the players that have that. Higher tempo, more direct football.. Just like in real life. Try playing around with it and let me know if something works for you! As I haven't tested the tactic that much yet, I'm almost as clueless as you, as I'm not 100% familiar with the ME of FM16 yet.

I'm gonna try this with Atletico Mineiro, thx mate!

Have you tried Chicharito as the complete forward? Perhaps he might just pan out in that position.. If not, I'd suggest that you try changing his role, but I gotta admit that Chicharito might not be the best option in this tactic, but tbh I don't know. Haven't tried that kind of player yet. Haven't had any time to play the game since I posted the tactic :pWhen chasing a goal in the last 10 minutes, you can try switching the mentality, untick "shoot less often" from the players that have that. Higher tempo, more direct football.. Just like in real life. Try playing around with it and let me know if something works for you! As I haven't tested the tactic that much yet, I'm almost as clueless as you, as I'm not 100% familiar with the ME of FM16 yet.
Sorry for the noob question... whats is ME?

I am now starting a season with Stoke City, i will let you know how this goes!

With small teams seem don't work very good.Reciently, I have ascend to Premier, but I made some signings, and team was predicting 14th place. I had to change tactic the last 4 games, because I went head to Sky Bet again.... :(:(

View attachment 1032159View attachment 1032158View attachment 1032160View attachment 1032161

****, that's not good. Thanks for the feedback. I will have to try and start a game with an underdog, and see what can be fixed. I will as soon as I have the time for it :)

With small teams seem don't work very good.Reciently, I have ascend to Premier, but I made some signings, and team was predicting 14th place. I had to change tactic the last 4 games, because I went head to Sky Bet again.... :(:(

View attachment 1032159View attachment 1032158View attachment 1032160View attachment 1032161

I'm playing a save with a friend atm, where I am West Ham. Obviously the tactic wasn't fluid in the beginning of the season, but I'm third atm after 21 games.. So that's not bad at all, but it can be better ofc!

But if you're up for it, I'd ask you to try the tactic again and watch your matches. Take a look at where things go wrong, and then let me know. Then I will know what I have to change. :)

Last edited: