dotmotion

Reaction score
Preamble: I just graduated in December and going travelling in the spring so I have this huge lull where I have nothing to do. What better way to fill that lull than with a good FM story. I had a really fun save in FM 13 with Leverkusn where I have only German players. I was able to win the treble with players like Schurrle, Podolski and Bender. I want to replicate this in FM 15. I have also been reading the Southampton Patriot story by Maximus94 and how he is telling the story from the media perspective. I am looking to do something like that. I will mainly be doing monthly updates on the results and a story here and there. I have chosen Stuttgart mainly simply because I was looking through mid-table Bundesliga sides and they had the best German players to international players ratio outside of Paderborn.

View attachment 313393
OVERHAUL AT STUTTGART

STUTTGART, June 25, 2014 – The footballing community in Germany is in shock as changes sweep through the management structure at Vfb Stuttgart. The current President and Management Director has been ousted and been replaced with Bernd Wahler and Ulrich Ruf (Note 1). Not a lot is known right now but expect a lot more changes in the upcoming days. More information will be updated as it comes.

Rumours

View attachment 313389

View attachment 313392
WAHLER: STUTTGART WILL BECOME AN ALL GERMAN TEAM UNDER A NEW MANAGER
View attachment 313388

STUTTGART. June 27, 2014 – The surprises continue in Stuttgart after the first press conference from new President Bernd Wahler. In a radical move, VfB Stuttgart will now only be signing and playing footballers whose main nationality is German. This policy will also apply to the coaching and scouting staff. Even for players with dual nationality including Germany, the player must declare for Germany to be eligible for Stuttgart under the policy.

Wahler also announced the firing of Armin Veh. Although brought to the club in May, Wahler felt that with the new policy, the board wanted to bring in a new manager to help implement the new vision. With only German coaches available, Thomas Tuchel, has emerged as the early favourite.

This move opens the door for clubs to purchase some of Stuttgart's key players. Alexandru Maxim and Martin Harnik are two players that are now available for clubs to purchase.

View attachment 313391
NEW MANAGER: OLIVER BIERHOFF BECOMES A MANAGER
View attachment 313387

STUTTGART, July 1, 2014 – Stuttgart has chosen a manager to lead this new ambitious project. Oliver Bierhoff will be stepping down from his role with the Germany National Team to manage VfB Stuttgart. With no formal management experience, he is a questionable choice in this chaotic time for Stuttgart. However, he possess through his time with the national team an extensive knowledge of the German football system and has been instrumental in player management. In his press conference, he announced that he is excited to embark on this project and ready to manage his first game.

Note 1: Wahler and Ruf are the current President and Managing Director but for the sake of the story, assume that they are new.

I have also managed the first month or two to make sure I do not get bored first. So there will be a lot of post in the first couple of days.

View attachment 313383
ORIOL ROMEU SENT BACK TO CHELSEA
View attachment 313382
LONDON, July 2, 2014 – A casualty of the new policy, Oriol Romeu has been sent back to Chelsea from his loan spell at Stuttgart. Chelsea sent Romeu to Stuttgart on loan in June before the German only policy was implemented by the new board. As a fringe player at Stamford Bridge, the question would be whether Mourinho would find a place for Romeu in the first team or if he would be sent on loan for the second time before the season even starts.

View attachment 313379
TEAMS ON NOTICE AFTER STUTTGART'S POLICY CHANGE
View attachment 313378

HAMBURG, July 4, 2014 – Football teams around Europe had their ears piqued after Wahler’s announcement last week. 12 first team players are available for transfer with Austrian Martin Harnik and Romanian Alexandru Maxim topping the list. Twitter rumours are abuzz with Newcastle being linked to Harnik and Tottenham for Maxim.

Rumour
View attachment 313376

View attachment 313380
STUTTGART REVAMPS BACK ROOM
View attachment 313377
STUTTGART, July 7, 2014 – Stuttgart has announced the hiring of a new general manager and four new scouts. Former Bayern Munich General Manager, Christian Nerlinger has been given a three year contract to work with Oliver Bierhoff to implement the All German policy. Aiding Nerlinger is the hiring of four new scouts. Jens Jeremies, a former Bayern Munich player; Harald Sporl, a former scout for Hamburg; Wolfgang Damm, a former Berlin scout and Edwin Boekamp, former assistant coach at Eintracht Frankfurt.

To make room, Stuttgart has reached agreements with five members in their coaching and scouting staff to have their contracts mutually terminated.

View attachment 313375
MARTIN HARNIK AGREES CONTRACT WITH VILLARREAL AFTER £6.25m OFFER ACCEPTED
View attachment 313374
VILLARREAL, July 11, 2014 – Villarreal has announced the signing of Martin Harnik from Stuttgart for £6.25m. The Austrian winger has 42 goals in his four seasons at Stuttgart. Harnik is happy to start the next chapter of his career in La Liga is hopes to lead Villareal towards an Europa League spot.

View attachment 313373
STUTTGART SIGNS FOUR FREE AGENTS
View attachment 313372
Stuttgart, July 15, 2014 – Stuttgart has announced the signing of four free agent players. Christian Tiffert, 32, is returning for a second spell at Stuttgart after spending time in the MLS and Bundesliga 2. Andreas Ottl, 29, is looking to find himself a regular playing spot after struggling to remain healthy at Augsburg over the last two seasons. Christian Lell, 29, is returning to the Bundesliga after a two year spell at Levante. The biggest move is the signing of Piotr Trochowski, 30. The former German international winger will provide Bierhoff with an experienced Bundesliga player.

With three former Bayern Munich players, General Manager, Nerlinger is making his mark on the team. Head Coach, Oliver Bierhoff, told the press that he is excited to work with these four new players and sees them as a huge boost to team's overall quality.

View attachment 313370
TOTTENHAM SIGNS ALEXANDRU MAXIM FROM STUTTGART FOR £5.3m
View attachment 313371
LONDON, July 17, 2014 – Tottenham has signed Alexandru Maxim from Stuttgart for £5.23m. The young attacking midfielder signed for Stuttgart two years ago, scoring 8 goals in 40 appearances. Manager Mauricio Pocchentino told reporters that Maxim “is a promising player with loads of potential” and that he is excited to integrate him into the team.

For Stuttgart, this sale and the Harnik sale should provide the funding for them to start their foray into the transfer market.

View attachment 313369
GOTOKU SAKAI SIGNS WITH EINTRACHT FRANKFURT AFTER £1.7M Move
View attachment 313368

STUTTGART, July 27, 2014 - Stuttgart has announced that Gotoku Sakai agreed to transfers to Eintracht Frankfurt. Gotoku Sakai moves to Eintracht for £1.7m. This transfer once again shows the commitment Stuttgart has to their policy allowing one of their best players leave for below their market value. This signing adds to Eintracht's contingent of Japanese players as Sakai joins Makoto Hasebe and Takashi Inui.

View attachment 313364
VEDAD IBISEVIC MOVES TO UDINESE
View attachment 313363

Udin, Aug 2, 2014 – Udiense has announced the signing of 29 year old striker Vedad Ibisevic from Udinese for 1m. The striker had 33 goals for Stuttgart in his three years with the club. Stramaccioni said that he is excited about the potential of a Ibisevic and di Natale partnership.

Rumour
View attachment 313366

Good luck! Challenges like this can be incredibly difficult.
I know, trust me. Tons of experience with this kinda save. xD

Good luck! Challenges like this can be incredibly difficult.
I know, trust me. Tons of experience with this kinda save. xD
I know. I just lost two players because they switched main nationalities. Frustrating but the challenge is what keeps the save fun.

View attachment 313338
STUTTGART SIGNS MITCHELL WEISER FROM BAYERN MUNICH FOR £400K.
View attachment 313336
STUTTGART, August 3, 2014 – After one month, Stuttgart has made its first non-free transfer. Mitchell Weiser, 20, is a young winger who joined Bayern Munich three seasons agree from FC Koln. Speaking to the media, Bierhoff said that Weiser is a player who is still raw with issues with decision making but possess immense skill and pace down the wing. The initial fee is £400k with add ons that can lead up to Bayern receiving £1.1m.

View attachment 313337
MARCO HOGER AGREES TO A FOUR YEAR CONTRACT WITH STUTTGART
View attachment 313335
STUTTGART, August 5, 2014 – Bierhoff and Nerlinger has continued reinforcing their team with Marco Hoger from FC Schalke for a fee of £2m. The 24 year old midfielder spent the last three seasons with Schalke as a rotation player and would be looking to lock in a first team playing role at Stuttgart. Hoger is best in the midfield as a playmaker with strong passing ability and decision making.

View attachment 313334
Season Preview – Stuttgart

August 10, 2014 - No matter if you are a fan of Stuttgart or not, this will be one of the teams to watch this year in the Bundesliga. This transfer window has been surreal with a complete policy change implemented by president, Bernd Wahler to only allow German players to play for Stuttgart. A flurry of moves happened with Stuttgart selling their top players such as Harnik, Maxim and Sakai for below their market value. To make up for their losses, they looked for free transfers bringing in veterans: Tiffert, Ottl, Lell and Trochowski. As well, Stuttgart dipped in the transfer market bringing in experienced midfielder, Hoger and promising winger, Weiser.

Prediction: Midtable – Before the policy shift, I would have seen Stuttgart challenging for the Europa League. However, since they sold many key players, there is a chance for this team to be in a relegation fight. With rumours of Rudiger being unhappy with the policy change and the team not making any huge splashes in the transfer market, Stuttgart can fall apart fast. However, I expect a few more signings and the team being able to stay in the Bundesliga with their reinforcements.

Key Player – Piotr Trochowski
After selling their star winger in Harnik, Trochowski will be needed to fill the void left by the Austrian. Stuttgart will be looking for Trochowski to put his ineffective spell at Sevilla behind him and regain his form from Hamburg. The playmaker can provide a spark of skill and help create chances for young Timo Werner to finish,

Player to Watch – Robin Yalcin
Timo Werner broke out last season making 30 apps for Stuttgart. This year, the young player that needs to break through is defensive midfielder Robin Yalcin. With Gruezo unable to play under the new policy, Yalcin will be asked upon to provide depth in the midfield. A concern for the future is that Yalcin holds a Turkish nationality. If he opts to play for them, Stuttgart might be unwilling to invest too much time into his development.

Projected Line Up (As of today)
View attachment 313333

View attachment 313332
VFB STUTTGART INKS DENNIS DIEKMEIER
View attachment 313331
Stuttgart, Aug 19, 2014 – Stuttgart has continued their spending spree with the signing of Dennis Diekmeier from Hamburger SV. The deal is rumoured to be worth £3.2m. Diekmeier is an attacking full back with pace and good crossing ability. Another benefit is his ability on throw ins.

The 24 year old becomes Stuttgart’s 7th​ signing as they look to rebuild their squad with German players. He is seen as the replacement to Gotoku Sakai who was sold to Eintract Frankfurt. The former Werder Bremen youth player signed with Hamburg in 2010 and made 84 appearances for the club.

View attachment 313338
CHRISTOPHER SCHINDLER JOINS STUTTGART
View attachment 313330

Stuttgart, August 27, 2014 – With the transfer window winding down, Stuttgart improved its depth by signing versatile defender Christopher Schindler from 1860 Munich. A player developed in Munich, he is capable of playing all positions on the back line. He is a decent all around player that does not excel at any particular skill but is capable of being a player that can win headers and push forward to win the ball. The deal was complete for £875k.

All the best mate!
Lots of young German players have dual nationalities and they don't always pick Germany. Will be a challenge to keep hold of them.

What's the club's finances + facilities like?

View attachment 313033
JULIAN WEIGL LATEST TO SIGN WITH STUTTGART

View attachment 313036
Stuttgart, August 31, 2014 – 19 year old defensive midfielder is the latest to join Bierhoff’s side in Stuttgart. 1860 Munich developed prospect is highly regarded at Munich and was moved for £2.3m. Bierhoff spoke to the media saying that although the fee is high for a teenager, Weigl has all the physical attributes wanted for a defensive midfielder and that he just needs to continue development his technical skills such as tackling, passing and marking.

Tweets
View attachment 313035
View attachment 313034

View attachment 313032
TRANSFER WRAP UP - STUTTGART

Additions
Christian Tiffert, CM – Free – Bochum
Andrew Ottl, DM – Free – Ausburg
Piotr Trochowski, LW – Free – Sevilla
Christian Lell, RB – Free – Levante
Mitchell Weiser, RW – £400k – Bayern Munich
Dennis Diekmeier, RB – £3.2m – Hamburg
Christopher Schnidler, CB – £875k – 1860 Munich
Julian Weigl, DM – £2.3m – 1860 Munich
Marco Hoger, CM – £2m – Schalke

Total: £8.8m

With the new All German policy, Stuttgart needed to make multiple additions to even field a full team. Stuttgart dipped in the free agent pool and added much needed depth. With Yalcin declaring for Turkey ruling himself out of playing for Stuttgart, Ottl provides depth in the DM position. Tiffert is a Stuttgart home grown player that can fit into the CM rotation. Lell has started already started a cup and league game and should be a decent back up for another new signing Diekmeier. Trochowski has already locked down the LW position as his own and if healthy will be key for Stuttgart’s Europe push. Stuttgart’s signings started with a young winger in Weiser. He has already shown promise starting the first three league games and one cup game, scoring 1 goal and providing 4 assist. Diekmeier was the biggest transfer and has made an immediate impact, starting 2 league games and providing 1 assist. Marco Hoger was brought in from Schalke and has been finding his footing in this Stuttgart team. Mainly used as a sub, he has been effective with3 tackles a game and an 81% pass completion percentage. Weigl and Schnidler joined late in the season. With the nationality shift of Yalcin and Rausch, this provides opportunities for the two to find themselves a spot in the team.

Departures
Vedad Ibisevic – £1m – Villarreal
Karim Haggui – £950k – Vitesse
Alexandru Maxim – £5.3m – Tottenham
Gotoku Sakai – £1.7m – Eintracht Frankfurt
Raphael Holzhauser – £240k – Union Berlin
Milos Degenek – £24.5 – Partizan
Francesco Lovric – £28k – Rapid Wien
Adrain Grbic – £28k – Red Bull Salzburg
Tobias Rathgeb – £18.3k – Duisberg

Total: £15.5m

All the players sold by Stuttgart with the exception of Rathgeb was because of the new policy. All the fees are lower than what was expected for the players but was needed for Bierhoff and Nerlinger to rebuild the squad. Harnik has already found his groove at Villarreal with 2 assist in 3 games. Maxim suffered an injury early in the season however, showed promise in the preseason with Tottenham. Sakai and Ibisevic were both able to slot in perfectly with the first team of their respective teams. With over 20 non-German players still with Stuttgart, look for the club to continue being active in the transfer window.

View attachment 313018
AUGUST SUMMARY - STUTTGART

August 17, 2014 - German Cup First Round
View attachment 313031

August 23, 2014 - Round 1
View attachment 313030

August 29, 2014 - Round 2
View attachment 313028

GAME OF THE WEEK
VfB Stuttgart 3 - 0 Bayern Munich
14Shots8
3On Target4
16Fouls20
0YC0
46%Possesion54%

Stuttgart played an efficient game against Munich converting on every chance they had. In the 9th minute of the game, Moritz Leitner, capitalized on a rebound from a Didavi free kick, to put Stuttgart up by one. Sloppy play from Bayern lead to the second goal with Schweinsteiger losing the ball to Tiffert who started an attack through Weiser and Werner before Didavi's shot bounced off Badstuber for an own goal. A mistake by Bernat guaranteed the three points points for Stuttgart as the referee deemed his poor tackle worthy of a penalty kick. Daniel Schwaaab converted from the spot to give Stuttgart is 3-0 win. With three wins in two league games and one cup game, this is a promising sign for a club that went through radical change. September provides a relatively easy schedule with match ups against Hannover, Paderborn, Koln and Gladbach.

League Table
View attachment 313020

Stats

View attachment 313021

View attachment 313022

View attachment 313013
SEPTEMBER SUMMARY - STUTTGART

September 13, 2014 - Round 3
View attachment 313012

View attachment 313008

September 21, 2014 - Round 4
View attachment 313011

View attachment 313007
View attachment 313002

September 24, 2014 - Round 5
View attachment 313010

View attachment 313006
View attachment 313005

September 28, 2014 - Round 6
View attachment 313009

View attachment 313004
View attachment 313003

View attachment 313001

GAME OF THE MONTH
VfB Stuttgart 5 - 1 Hannover

16Shots14
8On Target5
17Fouls11
2YC3
54%Possesion46%
2 goals each from Trochowski and Werner lead gave Stuttgart a 5-1 win over Hannover. Stuttgart took the lead right from kick off with a clinical finish inside the box from Trochowski. In the twelth minute, off a corner, Albornoz made a key mistake and put the ball into his own net. Trochowski showed his all around game with his second goal. Trochowski defend a Hannover corner, head the ball down the wing to Weiser. Trochowski then ran the whole pitch to get to the end of a counter attack to finish off a close range effort. Hannover was able to get one back with a cross from Sakai that was finished by Sobiech. Timo Werner finished off the show with two goals. The first a spectacular effort, dribbling in the ball from outside the box and slotting the ball into the bottom corner past the keeper. His second was a simple finish after a poor tackle by a Hannover defender, gave him a one on one against Zieler that had made the most of.

Overall Stuttgart had an average month, winning two and losing two. Both matches, statistical they deserved a draw but poor defending did them in. With their best defender, Antonio Rudiger out for another week, their match up against Schalke will be difficult as they match up against Julian Draxler and Max Mayer.

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 313000

PLAYER STATS
View attachment 312999

Note: I will start doing a little bit more next month once the league table starts to settle. Like I notice Hertha Berlin is doing well, so I might doing a write up about them. Or Karim Guede with 5 goals. So from now on, I will try and do either a player profile (on a player that is not well known so no Reus) or a team (for the first two seasons, I most likely won't do Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke or Leverkusen)

All the best mate!
Lots of young German players have dual nationalities and they don't always pick Germany. Will be a challenge to keep hold of them.

What's the club's finances + facilities like?
The financial status is good. Unless I spend crazy, I have zero concern about going into debt.

Typical German facilities. Superb and great for all categories.

View attachment 743414
AUGUST SUMMARY - STUTTGART

August 17, 2014 - German Cup First Round
View attachment 743381

August 23, 2014 - Round 1
View attachment 743382

August 29, 2014 - Round 2
View attachment 743386

GAME OF THE WEEK
VfB Stuttgart 3 - 0 Bayern Munich
14Shots8
3On Target4
16Fouls20
0YC0
46%Possesion54%

Stuttgart played an efficient game against Munich converting on every chance they had. In the 9th minute of the game, Moritz Leitner, capitalized on a rebound from a Didavi free kick, to put Stuttgart up by one. Sloppy play from Bayern lead to the second goal with Schweinsteiger losing the ball to Tiffert who started an attack through Weiser and Werner before Didavi's shot bounced off Badstuber for an own goal. A mistake by Bernat guaranteed the three points points for Stuttgart as the referee deemed his poor tackle worthy of a penalty kick. Daniel Schwaaab converted from the spot to give Stuttgart is 3-0 win. With three wins in two league games and one cup game, this is a promising sign for a club that went through radical change. September provides a relatively easy schedule with match ups against Hannover, Paderborn, Koln and Gladbach.

League Table
View attachment 743411

Stats

View attachment 743409

View attachment 743406

If you want I can send you a future screenshot of Ferati ! The guy is amazing !!

Really like the idea of your story! Makes it a good challenge and will be interesting to see how you do. Have a save on FM14 with Hoffenheim and I find the German league good fun.

Good luck!

View attachment 312844
OCTOBER SUMMARY - STUTTGART

October 4, 2014 - Round 7
View attachment 312843

View attachment 312836
View attachment 312830

October 17, 2014 - Round 8
View attachment 312842

View attachment 312838
View attachment 312837

October 24, 2014 - Round 9
View attachment 312840

View attachment 312832
View attachment 312831

October 28, 2014 - German Cup Second Round
View attachment 312839

View attachment 312833

View attachment 312829

GAME OF THE MONTH
VfB Stuttgart 2 - 0 FC Schalke 04
20Shots11
8On Target4
18Fouls13
1YC0
55%Possesion45%

Once again, Schalke started off the month with a win. VfB Stuttgart was able to pull off a 2 goal win over FC Schalke. Stuttgart scored in the 11th minute off a poor set piece defending on a corner. Niedermeier was able to capitalize on poor defending to put Schalke up 1-0. Stuttgart then followed it up with a goal right from kick off. Werner made a brilliant run from half-way line before getting a shot off Wetklo. A poor rebound clearance fell to Trochowski who was able to get an easy goal.

After a September of poor defending, Stuttgart improved with 4 straight clean sheets. In November, Stuttgart will be against Hertha Berlin, Mainz, Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim.

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 312819

PLAYER STATS
View attachment 312818

View attachment 312834
View attachment 312835

View attachment 312829

TRANSFER RUMOURS: LEFT BACK TARGETS FOR STUTTGART

Jonas Hector
View attachment 312816

Hector is a promising left back playing for FC Koln. At 24 years old, he in entering his prime and has the ability to fit into Stuttgart immediately. Hector started off his career at the semi-professional Auersmacher before moving to FC Koln at 19. He broke into the first team two years ago and has held the starting LB role ever since. This season in the Bundesliga, he has had an average rating of 6.86, average 6.89 tackles a game and a 79% pass completion.

Pros: Hector is a no nonsense defensive back. His work rate is immense and he has always been a consistent performer for FC Koln

Cons: Hector is quite average technically. Although quick, he does not have the speed that you see with top full backs in the Bundesliga.

Fabian Holthaus
View attachment 312810

Holthaus is a U19 German LB that is highly touted to become a Bundesliga star. At only 19 years old, Holthaus is the starting LB for the Bundesliga 2 side of VfL Bochum. However, with Bochum struggling in the second division, he has been a victim of the team's poor play. He has an average rating of 6.37 and only averages 4.19 tackles a game. For a Stuttgart side that needs a starting LB, he might be too raw for the club.

Pros: For a player of his age, Holthaus possess great technical ability. If he can stay healthy and improves to his potential, he has all the technical and mental skills to be a Bundesliga quality LB.

Cons:Although young, his physical ability still needs to grow before he can cement a spot for a Bundesliga side. He is also extremely raw and not ready to be a starting left back in the first division.

Ken Reichel
View attachment 312808

Riechel has been a mainstay at Eintracht Braunschweig since transfer to the then fourth division side. His steady play at left back was instrumental to their raise to the Bundesliga last season. Reichel has an average rating of 7.02 while average 3.36 tackles a game and a 77% pass completion.

Pros: Reichel is a quality attacking full back with pace and crossing ability. He can also play the ball on both feet.

Cons: Reichel's decision making is spotty at times. As well, he has had a record of injuries in the past.

View attachment 312829

League Position – 5th​

Formation
View attachment 312801

Hertha Berlin has been continuing their upward progression in the Bundesliga since being promoted two seasons ago. Lead by Dutch Manager, Jos Luhukay, Berlin is playing a defensive 4-4-1-1 where they look to hit teams on the counter attack. The side has benefitted from its pace down the wings and attack force. Leading the attack is former Chelsea player, Salomon Kalou. Kalou has scored 5 goals in 8 league appearances this year and has been a constant threat to opposition defenders. Down the wings is Swiss, Valentin Stocker. The former Basel player has been an astute signing for the club scoring three goals and being named man of the match twice. Their best player according to Bild player ratings is Roy Beerens. The 26 year old Dutchman also joined the team this season and has been an instant hit. He has scored 3 goals and provided 3 assist for an average rating of 7.57. In the midfield, Pel Ciljan Skelbred and Hajime Hosogai have been rocks. Together, they have combined for 16 tackles a game while completing at least 87% of their passes. This successful double pivot has been integral in allowing the forwards to attack. In the back line, Fabian Lustenberger has had a superb season with a 7.54 average rating according to Bild. Partnering the experience John Heitinga, he has been a threat in set pieces scoring 3 goals this season. Hertha has struggled in October losing 2 and drawing 1 league game. November doesn’t prove easier for them with matches against Stuttgart, Wolfsburg and Leverkusen. However, with their pace in attack and their solid midfield, this is a team that is exciting to watch.

November 2 - Round 10
View attachment 312723

View attachment 312717
View attachment 312716

November 7 - Round 11
View attachment 312724

View attachment 312719
View attachment 312718

Nov 21 - Round 12
View attachment 312725

View attachment 312722
View attachment 312721

Nov 30 - Round 13
View attachment 312726

View attachment 312711
View attachment 312710

GAME OF THE MONTH
VfL Wolfsburg 1 - 2 VfB Stuttgart
21Shots18
5On Target8
10Fouls14
0YC0
57%Possesion43%

Allowing Wolfsburg the majority of the possession, Stuttgart played an efficient counter attacking game to get the 3 points Volkswagen Arena. The first goal was created by Gentner who won the ball in the midfield. He quickly launched a counter attack that ended up at the feet of 21 year old full back, Tim Leibold, who scored his first goal of the season. Wolfsburg quickly equalized from a poor rebound given up by Ulreich. Olic was able to pounce and level the game at 1-1. Stuttgart's set piece prowess was once against lethal today to get their game winning goal. A corner from Leitner bounced off a defender before falling to Schwaab who was able to get a tap in. 13 games into the season and Stuttgart is surprisingly in third place. When the season began no one believed that with an All German team, they would be contending for an European position. However, top management from Bierhoff, has the Stuttgart team in control of their own European destiny.

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 312715

PLAYER STATS
View attachment 312714

View attachment 312732

PLAYER PROFILE - Karim Guede
View attachment 312731

One of the most surprising players this season is naturalized Slovakian Karim Guede (29). Guede has been lethal with 7 goals in 8 games. Guede started his career in the Bundesliga before moving to the Slovakian league for 7 years. He returned to the Bundesliga 4 seasons ago scoring only 6 goals in the last three seasons. Guede is the prototypical defensive forward. Guede has a great work rate and is a superb tackler for a striker. Physically, he is extremely strong and has superb balance. As an attacker, he has 28 tackles in 8 games. Although not known for a finisher, he has been lethal, scoring 8 goals on 34 shots on target. Bild has given him an average rating of 7.41.

View attachment 312720

View attachment 312706
BIERHOFF EXTENDS CONTRACT
View attachment 312705

Stuttgart,November 23, 2014 - Stuttgart has extended the contract of manager Oliver Bierhoff. The new contract would tie him up with the side till 2017. Bierhoff has been a steady hand leading the team through this radical policy shift. With many players leaving and going, he has been able to manage the turmoil in the locker room and get the team playing smart football.

Loving the story mate, although the thought of an all german machine might get the whole of Poland a bit on edge. They do have a bit of a history with this sort of stuff...

Good luck with the save though

View attachment 311645

December 7, 2014 - Round 14
View attachment 311663

View attachment 311633
View attachment 311632

View attachment 311643
STUTTGART REPLACES HEAD OF YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
View attachment 311639

Stuttgart, December 16, 2014 – Stuttgart has hired former Mainz manager Thomas Tuchel to replace Rainer Adrion. The former manager at Mainz, he has performed a great job bringing in young players into the first team at Coface Arena. In a press release, Nerlinger spoke about Tuchel’s expertise and the wealth of experience he will bring to Stuttgart.

December 14, 2014 - Round 15
View attachment 311654

View attachment 311638
View attachment 311637

December 17, 2014 - Round 16
View attachment 311653

View attachment 311635
View attachment 311634

December 24, 2014 - Round 17
View attachment 311652

View attachment 311630
View attachment 311628

Game of the Month

Stuttgart finished the year with a convincing 3-0 win over 17th​ place Werder Bremen. The first goal came from a cross from LB, Christopher Schnidler that connected with Timo Werner, who scored his 12th​ goal of the season. In the 36th​ minute, a shot from Leitner deflected off a defender and fell to Gentner for an easy finish to put Stuttgart up 2-0. A poor tackle from Gebre Selassie brought Marco Hoger to the spot. A deft shot to the left corner gave Stuttgart the 3-0 win.

League Table
View attachment 311647

League Leaders
View attachment 311648

Transfer Rumours
View attachment 311631

View attachment 311626
Stuttgart Mid-Season Review

Half-way through the season and Stuttgart has done well beyond what I expected for them in preseason. Bierhoff has managed to keep the team together and has gotten the most out of young striker Timo Werner. Bierhoff has set the side up in a 4-2-3-1. He has been flexible with the style of play looking to counter against top teams such as Bayern and Wolfsburg while looking to set the tone against lower sides such as Paderborn and Hannover.

View attachment 311620

The top player for Stuttgart is definitely Timo Werner. In Bierhoff’s system, Werner has been a constant threat for defenses with his pace and his ability to press. He has expanded his role by being able to drop into the midfield to pick up the ball. Another key to Bierhoff’s system is the midfield three. Typically, he has played with Leitner behind the striker with a Hoger and Gentner partnership. Hoger and Gentner has worked well together both capable passers and decent in winning back the ball. On the wings, Weiser and Trochowski has been creating chances for Werner or cutting in try for a goal themselves. The defensive line struggled to find consistency early on but found its groove with Rudiger and Schwaab as the main pairing. A new left back is still needed as Leibold is still not ready to start at the Bundesliga level.

Overall, this has been a strong first half for Stuttgart. They would be looking to sell Rausch and Yalcin this window and looking to buy a left back. Another position they could be looking at is RW.

View attachment 311625

Premier League
League Leader: Manchester City
Top Scorer: Sergio Aguero (14)
Most Surprising Team: Aston Villa (7)
Most Disappointing: Southampton (18)

Serie A
League Leader: AC Milan
Top Scorer: Pablo Osvaldo (11)
Most Surprising Team: Torino (3)
Most Disappointing: Fiorentina (14)

La Liga