Villarreal: El Submarino Amarillo

sonos

Reaction score
Villarreal

Villarreal.JPG

Telling the story of a rising Giant...

1st SEASON

We struggle a lot in the first couple of months but managed to start playing good football, then we hit the wall (very strong wall btw...), one day morale went fine again, and the lads had finish the season unbeaten for 13 games, granting access to the UEFA cup that was what the board only concern.
In the middle of it, extremely angry with Rossi lack of goals, i gave him a new contract and told him to learn how to place is shots, and hey! he can score some crazy ones now !!
So, for me very stressful and frustrating season, with a pinch of good games that kept me going !

Second season update in a minute !

I like Villarreal,i respect how a fairly small team with a small stadium always compete with the Giants of Europe.Good luck with it.

2nd SEASON

Good start of season with 6 wins, that's a start !

Moments:
Rossi scores (a place shot) with only 31 seconds against Barcelona, and Balotelli scores is first beauty, but unfortunately won't be enough...
Upset of the season: Balotelli out for 8 months !!!

This injury has left me devastated ...

More updates in a little ! :)

Last edited:
I like Villarreal,i respect how a fairly small team with a small stadium always compete with the Giants of Europe.Good luck with it.

Thanks!! that's one of the major reasons to pick them up :)

shame about balotelli, but it will be all the more worth it when he comes back from injury mate, trust me

more screens, this time about my signings and results

Moments:
Extremely poor display against Porto (that i hate!IRL) in the uefa cup,very soon in the competition, making it the worst moment of the season, because i was really hoping for the final :S

shame about balotelli, but it will be all the more worth it when he comes back from injury mate, trust me

hope so! but he only returns in the next season still 3 or 4 months to go, hope he don't turn injury prone now

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

good luck m8
tkhs m8

only 8 games now ! let's see what i can do

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

results update in a minute !

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Last games of the season:

Almeria 5 Villarreal 3 (Rossi, Aquino, Altidore)

WTFF !! This was unbelievable !!

Villarreal 1 Deportivo 0 (Nihat)
total domination, nice play, extremely poor finishing ...nihat scores from penalty

Athletic Bilbao 1 Villarreal 0
again, total domination, finishing less than none (17 shots 2 on target?!!?!)

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Villarreal 3 Racing 0 (Thiago Silva, Aquino, Laurito)
a decent victory in a match we dominate!

Villarreal 3 Osasuna 0 (Rossi x2, Aquino)
Rossi on fire!

four to go..
next: Real Madrid, Sevilha, Espanyol, Getafe
tough games!

Real Madrid 3 Villarreal 0
2 free kicks from sjneider only 18 minutes, we give it a try, but on the verge of scoring, a counter from madrid killed the game

Gago out for 3 months ! thats the end of the season for one of my best players

with this defeat the 3rd spot ain't achievable anymore ..

Last edited:
Villarreal 2 Sevilla 1
somebody give me a pacemaker please!
we deserve it

Espanyol 1 Villarreal 3 (Laurito, Nihat, Coloccini)
we owned them, nice game

Villarreal 1 Getafe 1 (Thiago Silva)
strange last game, late equaliser from thiago, what a screamer for last goal of the season!

Final Position: 4th

I really wanted to stay in the top 3, but at least we go to the champions league.
btw..the kids won the league, because mascio and kadlec where on fire!

Last edited:
tomorrow ill start preparing the next season
high expectations in my mind! i'm pretending to challenge for the title

still need to get a player or two ..
any help with some players ?
btw .. moutinho and veloso are still in sporting but i dont have that kind of money
also managed to get fleck for 1.6M but still to fresh
tell me what you lads thing about the team
keep following <)

Last edited:
today ill start working in my 3rd season, i'm really confident that we are gonna do a great this season, the kids are developing real fine and the stars are looking good.
i really need to strenghten the tem a bit, but the transfer fee will surelly not be more than 15M, so it will be difficult to buy a world class player. i would like a AML and a CB too, because edmilson is getting old and miguel victor is still to fresh, and can't handle the pressure to play at higher level.

again i ask you to rate my team and give me options for new signings, i really hope to have an interestting season. keep following :)

nice story, hope u get better this season ;)

maybe u could try feghouli for aml.

nice story, hope u get better this season ;)

maybe u could try feghouli for aml.

tkhs!! i'm looking forward to start the new season! :D
feghouli could be a great signing, i'll search for him, i think he havent change clubs yet

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

- Balotelli is back after 8 months stop :D

3rd Season update this afternoon !!

good stuff m8 kutgw

tkhs mate ! if u have any sugestion just feel free to say :)

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

3rd Season:

- Villarreal board offered me a new two year deal.

- World Cup 2010 Final: Spain 0 Argentina 1 (Pávon)

- Major shock after receiving only 3M for transfers!!
This could be awfull for my expectations for this new season
- Managed to sell Donovan to PSG by 5M, but only 3 where upfront, so now about 6M for transfers.

- My players are getting unsettled because of the constant and abusive offers from the other clubs

Ill continue preparing the season and hope to get some bargain because we are really tight here...
ill be grateful for any idea for the transfer market !

I'll keep u lads up to date!

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:18 PM ----------

- The Board keep accepting offers to pay their debts, and cani, escudero & altidore went out with some other dead wood, generating a total income of 25M, and not even 1M as given to me!! what a **** !!!

- Still looking for some good player who costs at most 5M

- Some players are still unsettled because of the offers, and that's being showed on the friendly games

Friendly Games:

Villarreal 2 Galatasaray 0

Villarreal 2 Fenerbahce 0

PSV 2 Villarreal 1

West Ham 3 Villarreal 1

Ajax 1 Villarreal 1

Twente 4 Villarreal 3

Fixtures:

( H ) Villarreal - AZ (CL 2nd knock-out round)

( A ) AZ - Villarreal (CL 2nd knock-out round)

( A ) Barcelona - Villarreal

( A ) Real Madrid - Villarreal

it's gonna be tough !