Villas-Boas linked with Chelsea job

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 224
  • Views Views 11K
Status
Not open for further replies.
already talking bout it in the chelsea thread

thought I would beat BBC for the 1st time ever (well for me) :) plus I dont delve into the Chelsea/Liverpool etc discussions as I cannot be arsed to hear whats happening with them...... (nah just kidding)

on topic:

I am actually extremely excited to see Boas in the EPL :) have a lot of repsect for him! I am sure the rest of the EPL managers will too (quickly)

Thanks God he's signing for Chelsea. I think that might be an huge blow on Porto, and maybe if they don't have a good pre-season they start feeling his ghost. I just hope this is true. Good for Chelsea and for Benfica and Sporting (if they don't bring a better coach :/ )

He is a great professional, an awesome manager and I sincerely hope he can put Chelsea in the Champions League Final, where he'll lose against Benfica :) Just dreaming...

Odd since he said he wasn't going to leave Porto for a while a few week ago.

Odd since he said he wasn't going to leave Porto for a while a few week ago.

Things change when Roman is involved... Not that I'm in any way suggesting Abramovich likes to throw cash around and that that's the main reason they've attracted so many good players and managers. Not at all...

Where's Alex at the time of this news? Off to commit a massacre in Chelsea's boardroom?

Where's Alex at the time of this news? Off to commit a massacre in Chelsea's boardroom?

I think he is in mass depression real now, Dont expect to hear from him again.

Oh I thought he'd actually officially joined, reading that article, could still be rumours.

But he could still say no.

For what though? He's got the perfect chance to move on. Better squad, better quality player, knows the club well (was Jose's assistant). Won everything he can realistically with Porto.

Undefeated season, won the quadruple. What's the point in him staying. He's not going to win the Champions League with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United in the competition among others. Mourinho won it because he avoided big teams all the way through and there were lots of upsets (bar United but that was even controversial)..

He's meant to be taking Falcao with him too, meaning he's got his top striker with him, and no doubt he'll try bringing Hulk. Great move for all parties. €15M for a manager is incredible unless they are one of the best in the world, and tbh he isn't. One season in top management and they're taking that to the bank. They can go and get another manager now and sign players then get replacements for Falcao and maybe Hulk with the money they get from their transfers.

£13m exit clause for him as well? Hope they don't sack him after a year or two at that cost. Think it finally shows some actual long term planning from the board signing such a young coach at that cost, too.

For what though? He's got the perfect chance to move on. Better squad, better quality player, knows the club well (was Jose's assistant). Won everything he can realistically with Porto.

Undefeated season, won the quadruple. What's the point in him staying. He's not going to win the Champions League with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United in the competition among others. Mourinho won it because he avoided big teams all the way through and there were lots of upsets (bar United but that was even controversial)..

He's meant to be taking Falcao with him too, meaning he's got his top striker with him, and no doubt he'll try bringing Hulk. Great move for all parties. €15M for a manager is incredible unless they are one of the best in the world, and tbh he isn't. One season in top management and they're taking that to the bank. They can go and get another manager now and sign players then get replacements for Falcao and maybe Hulk with the money they get from their transfers.

Because he said he wouldn't be leaving.

Football | Europa League | Villas-Boas: I'm not leaving Porto | ESPNSTAR.com

£13m exit clause for him as well? Hope they don't sack him after a year or two at that cost. Think it finally shows some actual long term planning from the board signing such a young coach at that cost, too.

He will still be expected to achieve short term success.

Rumor is that Chelsea will sign Falcao also. Dont know how he will fit in..

15 Million release clause, so finally will Roman stop firing manager if AVB dont win anything..?

Rumor is that Chelsea will sign Falcao also. Dont know how he will fit in..

15 Million release clause, so finally will Roman stop firing manager if AVB dont win anything..?

Drobga to Spurs in a deal to bring Modric in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back