Sam91

Reaction score
Birch Takes Charge Of Vitesse

287508d1354541517-dream-jordania-vitesse-arnhem-guide-vitesse.jpg

Today ex-Chelsea youth coach Sam Birch was named manager of Dutch side Vitesse. After numerous reports of in club fighting between chairman and manager Peter Bosz last season Bosz has finally been sent packing with Vitesse Chairman Merab Jordania using his relationship with Chelsea Chairman Roman Abramovich to secure the services of Mr Birch.

Key Players

Marco van Ginkel

View attachment 362689

A young lad with bags of potential. Hopefully be the shining light of this team for many years to come.

Wilfried Bony

View attachment 362690

With Spurs and Monaco already chasing this guy I'd do well to keep hold of him this summer. Looks immense though.

Theo Janssen

View attachment 362691

His stats look great, age is against him though and will need replacing in a few years time.

Formation/Tactic

View attachment 362695

The squads not very big, and the squad players aren't too great. We have some brilliant looking youngsters though and surely the youth intakes should be good in Holland.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been handed £11m to improve the team this summer. I think I'll be after a centre back, centre midfielder and a left back. Hopefully I can keep hold of Bony though, if he does go I should get a fair whack for him!! Next update will be pre-season transfers and August results.

Good luck man, looks like a fun save with Bony and some money to spend, was Ginkel in the Under 21's Euro's for Holland? I think they were raving about him on there

Looking forward to this after silently following your Chelsea one for a long time, good luck mate! I was just about to start a story with Heerenveen myself

Looking good so far! :D
Cheers pal

Looking forward to this after silently following your Chelsea one for a long time, good luck mate! I was just about to start a story with Heerenveen myself
Thank you mate. That would be a great story do it!! :)

Looking forward to this!
Thanks mate me too!!

Nice side there! Nice bit of cash too! You'll win the title! ;D
Haha I will win the title, in the next few years!!

Good luck man, looks like a fun save with Bony and some money to spend, was Ginkel in the Under 21's Euro's for Holland? I think they were raving about him on there
Yeah there's a lot of hype around van Ginkel right now. Hoping he comes to Chelsea IRL the deal is basically done apparently.

Transfers and August

Vitesse.jpg

Tight Europa League play-off against Real Betis
Get off to a flying start in the league
Wilfried Bony STAYS

Transfers

View attachment 362944

So I made some biiig moves in the market. Didn't sell too many players as the squad wasn't very big to start with. I did bring in some nice players though especially Bruma who I paid a lot for but I really wanted a big solid Dutch centre back and he fitted the bill perfectly.

Tomas Kalas

View attachment 362947

My first move was to seal a loan deal for this guy. Played here before and is very versatile and a great defender for us.

Marc-Andre Kruska

View attachment 362953

Next up I sealed the deal for a nice ball winning midfielder. Kruska fitting the bill nicely and will sit next to Jessen in midfield breaking up play.

Jesper Juelsgard

View attachment 362955

Then I had a look at a new left back. Juelsgard was bought to my attention by one of my scouts, a very solid looking left back who is also incredibly versatile.

Jeffrey Bruma

View attachment 362958

Our new record signing. I really like Bruma, he's a big solid young Dutch talent with already 4 Caps to his name at the age of 20. Big fee but I'm sure he'll be worth every penny.

Mark Gonzalez

View attachment 362961

I noticed we were short on with wings so I delved into the loan market and noticed Gonzalez was available to either buy for £4m or get on loan and pay half his wages. I decided to just loan him, looks good though and will hopefully impress me.

Bebe

View attachment 362964

Last but certainly not least I loaned in Bebe. Why not aye? Fergie signed him and thats good enough for me!! Are you #TeamBebe??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Vitesse 2 - 1 ADO Den Haag

Ibarra, Bony

First game, first win. Ibarra netted early on then Bony stretched the lead ADO got one late on but it was too late.

sc Heerenveen 1 - 3 Vitesse

Kashia, van Ginkel, Bony

A simple enough game which could have ended up with u even more ahead. Kashia scored from a corner after just 3 minutes, van Ginkel netted his first goal of the season after 29 minutes then Bony slotted home a penalty just before half time. They scored in the second half but we saw it out easy enough.

Vitesse 4 - 1 AZ

Bony(3), Havenaar

Our first real test I suppose with Cup winners AZ visting us but Bony had other plans as he went goal crazy netting a hat-trick to seal another 3 points for us!!

VVV 1 - 4 Vitesse

Bony, Bebe, Propper(2)

I was a tad worries about this game as it was sandwiched between the two Betis ties and I rested a few players but Gonzalez and Bebe made their debut's here and both impressed massively as Bebe actually scored in the 16th minute!! Maybe he could be good.... ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Play Off 1st Leg

Vitesse 3 - 2 Real Betis

van Ginkel, Havenaar, Kruska

View attachment 362990

**** it, we were 2-0 up at half-time and I told the lads not to get complacent but it had a horrible affect as we conceded 2 goals quickly after, Kruska netted late on to give us some hope. Castro missed a penalty for them which could prove important for us...

Play Off 2nd Leg

Real Betis 2 - 3 Vitesse

Bony(3)

View attachment 362992

This was the Bony show. The guy is insane, a hat-trick again this month as he sends us to the Europa League group stage. I used my counter tactic here and it proved the right decision.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

A superb first month in charge. I'm really happy with my signings as well which is always nice. Great stuff on the pitch. Bony DID ask to leave but I managed to win him round with a hard stance telling him I'm in charge and he's going no where, he backed down... for now. I really hope I can keep hold of him because for us he's irreplaceable. I will not be able to find a striker that good who would come and play in the Dutch league for the fourth best team.

In other news I managed to get the board to buy the stadium as we don't actually own it so thats nice. And we had our group drawn to the Europa League, pretty nice group considering we were 4th seeds!!

View attachment 362994

Player of the Month

Wilfried Bony

Wilfried-Bony-Vitesse-Arnhe~4.jpg

Nine goals already this season!! What a tank!!

Table

View attachment 362996

First but I'd expect us to be we've faced easy opposition. No real tests so far.​

great start pal love your stories what is your tactic if thats ok with you??
My main tactic is on the opening page, here's my counter tactic though that I use against teams better than me and/or away from home.
View attachment 363206
Ignore player roles I just set that what I thinks best for the player.

My main tactic is on the opening page, here's my counter tactic though that I use against teams better than me and/or away from home.
View attachment 363206
Ignore player roles I just set that what I thinks best for the player.

sorry i forgot it was there thanks but what role would you recommend for Bony i signed him for west ham

lol and just heard on sky sports a minute ago that West Ham made £10M bid for Bony i suppose great minds think alike

heeeeeeeey sexy Bebe wop wop wop wop wop BEBE style lol just a little song the Vitesse fans could sing maybe !

September 2012

media_xl_1083094.jpg

Play our reserves in the Cup
Good league form continues
First Europa League game goes well

League

Vitesse 3 - 2 SC Cambuur

van Ginkel, Havenaar(2)

View attachment 363376

So nearly lost this but super sub Havenaar nets two goals late on to keep our run going!!!

FC Utrecht 2 - 2 Vitesse

Mori, Bony

We went behind twice here so I'll take a draw. Late penalty from Bony keeps us undefeated.

Vitesse 2 - 0 RKC

Kashia, van Ginkel

3rd minute goal from Kashia then van Ginkel nets in the 15th. We saw out the game fairly easily after that!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Vitesse 1 - 0 Dinamo Zagreb

Bony

A solid enough win in the first group game. Really don't know how to judge the group so whatever happens, happens its a learning curve this year for us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNVB Cup

Second Round

Vitesse Reserves 1 - 2 Vitesse

Houwen OG, Havenaar

View attachment 363377

PHEW!! This was nearly highly embarrassing. Still is a bit but we scrape through. Havenaar saving us again!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a pretty mixed month. We dropped points in the league but still not too bad really. Performances haven't started to slip a tad and that cup game really could have been embarrassing. The board actually expect me to get to the final and also expect me to take us to the first knockout round of the Europa League. Hoping I don't let them down and get sacked :/

Player of the Month

Mike Havenaar

Mike+Havenaar+Vitesse+Arnhem+v+ADO+20+Dutch+q5hFiWijhv6l.jpg

The Japanese/Dutch man was our saving grace in the cup and the league game against Cambuur.

Tables

View attachment 363379View attachment 363378

Still top in the league but Ajax are hot on our tails. We're still yet to play one of the bigger sides in the league so lets see how we do there. In the Europa League Kiev actually beat Lazio to throw the group wide open as I expected Lazio to walk the group.

Just read through and love it. Bony is an absolute freak!!!!

EDIT- Just a question....How do insert ur photos as the way the site provides makes the tiny

Last edited: