Your counter tactic is a surprise - in that counter should not work with man marking ...

Wouldn't it be ironic if you were beaten by your own reserves? ^^
Great job so far.

With my Ajax save i got my first team into the finals and so did my reserves...Obviously i had alot talents and if possible i'd lend my first team players to play in reserve cup matches :)

As a ***** i am, I would take all the good players to my first team so I was sure I'd win the final :p

With my Ajax save i got my first team into the finals and so did my reserves...Obviously i had alot talents and if possible i'd lend my first team players to play in reserve cup matches :)

As a ***** i am, I would take all the good players to my first team so I was sure I'd win the final :p
Haha win win situation for the club I guess.

Tbh I was suprised my reserves done so well against me!!

Wouldn't it be ironic if you were beaten by your own reserves? ^^
Great job so far.
Mate I would have cried

Your counter tactic is a surprise - in that counter should not work with man marking ...
Not saying its a super tactic by any means but it serves me well

Just read through and love it. Bony is an absolute freak!!!!

EDIT- Just a question....How do insert ur photos as the way the site provides makes the tiny
Thanks man.

Double click on the pic after you upload it then you can select the size.

October 2012

vitesse_30235.jpg

Only a few games this month but we play Twente and Ajax
Tight game against Lazio in the Europa League
Sign Shay Given on a free

League

Vitesse 2 - 1 FC Twente

Bony, Havenaar

Absolutely thrilling match, we were 1-0 down at half time and I gave the lads an earful. We came out all guns blazing and Bony equalised in the 51st minute. The that man Havenaar in the 77th minute to give us a big win.

Ajax 3 - 1 Vitesse

Bony

They were just too good for us. Eriksen bagging a double for them ran the game. Hopefully he leaves for Liverpool like he always does on FM :p

PEC Zwolle 1 - 2 Vitesse

Bebe, Bony

Way too close for me. Zwolle are bottom but gave us a tough game here. Bebe gave us the lead before they equalised. Bony got us the winner and saved our blushes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Dynamo Kiev 0 - 0 Vitesse

Not a bad result away from home. A very boring match with no real big chances or talking points.

Lazio 2 - 1 Vitesse

Gonzalez

Arghhhh so annoying!! We were 1-0 up thanks to Mark Gonzalez netting in the 23rd minute then Theo Janssen got sent off before half time. We crumbled after and Lazio grab a lucky win. I have no doubts we probably would have at least got a draw here if we had 11 men.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

A pretty short month in terms of games. I was very happy with the Twente result and to be honest before the Lazio game I would have taken a close loss but after how well we played before the sending off I fully expect us to get the win at home.

I signed Irish legend Shay Given to provide some competition for Piet Velthuizen, here is the man himself:

View attachment 363498

Player of the Month

Wilfried Bony

287511d1354542264-dream-jordania-vitesse-arnhem-guide-bony.jpg

No-one has really stood out but the big man was a constant threat and is still scoring goals for us.

Tables

View attachment 363499View attachment 363500

Ajax have pulled ahead of us in the league after that win. But we are clear of Twente and PSV which is good. In the Europa League its all to play for in the next 3 games, luckily we have 2 of those at home!!​

November 2012

campo_vitesse.jpg

Slip up a couple of times in the league
Great win over Lazio but throw away a 2 goal lead against Zagreb
Bony asks to leave again, but I talk him round once more

League

NAC Breda 2 - 2 Vitesse

Havenaar, Bony

Twice we took the lead here and twice we threw it away. If we want to compete with Ajax these are the kind of games we have to be winning.

Heracles 0 - 2 Vitesse

Kalas, Janssen

I was a bit worried about this game, Heracles have been the surprise package this season but we dispatched of them with ease thanks to a header from Kalas and a free-kick by Janssen.

Vitesse 3 - 0 FC Groningen

Propper(3)

Davy Propper came in to the team here to give van Ginkel a rest and had a stunning game!! He missed a penalty as well!!

Vitesse 2 - 1 Feyenoord

Bony, Gonzalez

Big win over a big team struggling this year. Got two goals early on and saw it out with ease.

Roda JC 2 - 0 Vitesse

Shocking loss. Roda are in the relegation battle but snatched an early lead, I went all guns blazing in the last 20 minutes and they then caught us on the break to secure a huge win for them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNVB Cup

Third Round

Vitesse 2 - 0 Go Ahead

Bebe, Bruma

Straight forward win really. Bebe scored a stunning goal, then Bruma scored late on to settle any nerves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Vitesse 2 - 1 Lazio

van Ginkel, Bony

View attachment 363748

Big, big win. We dominated the game but it was a nervy last couple of minutes. van Ginkel's goal was hilarious, I watch it in 2D now (Match engine ****** me off too much) and God knows what the Lazio keeper was doing.

Dinamo Zagreb 2 - 2 Vitesse

Bony(2)

View attachment 363749

Wow. We really collapsed here and could cost us a place in the knockout rounds. We now need a draw at home against Kiev.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So not too bad of a month really. Shocking collapse against Zagreb though, we can't afford to be chucking away a two goal lead like that, I've never seen two goals go in so quickly though!! Awful loss in the league as well against Roda, it should have been very straight forward but it was far from that. I suppose it was made up for in the win against Feyenoord who are struggling a bit though and I may look to pinch their players next summer.

We need a draw against Kiev at home and I really hope we can get that. It will hopefully give us a nice boost in reputation and money too.

Player of the Month

Jeffrey Bruma

m1mxx6taotsi_sqr256.jpg

The big man has been superb all season. Proved to be a very inspiring signing.

Tables

View attachment 363750View attachment 363751

Even though we slipped up so did Ajax this month!! We're still in the chase but I expect Ajax to start pulling away soon. In the Europa League its way too close to call!!​

Doing well in the league and europa league considering the competition

Doing well in the league and europa league considering the competition
Thanks buddy, the Europa League group was probably about as good as I could have hoped for considering we were actually seeded 4th.

Update in 30 mins guys :D

December 2012

keep-calm-and-love-vitesse.png

Patchy league form but give PSV a spanking
Europa League group ends way too tight for my liking
Need to stop losing to silly teams!!!

League

Vitesse 5 - 0 PSV

Bony(3), Gonzalez, Kalas

View attachment 363928

Easily my best result so far. Bony smashed them and Gonzalez was so dangerous with his crosses from the left, might try and grab him at the end of the season because he's been superb.

NEC 1 - 3 Vitesse

Bony(3)

Bony strikes again with a hat-trick. Really going to miss him when he leaves for the AFCONS.

ADO Den Haag 1 - 5 Vitesse

Propper(3), Bony, Beugelsdijk OG

View attachment 363929

Relegation worries ADO were no match here as Propper nets another hat-trick!! Guys a beast at times, especially in the advanced role.

Vitesse 0 - 1 sc Heerenveen

Arghhh not good enough. Should have won but we just didn't turn up really.

Vitesse 0 - 1 VVV

Embarrassing result. We had so many chances **** knows how we didn't win. Seriously baaad. We had 17 shots but only 5 of them on target, they had 3 shots and just the one on target. Given gifted it to them as well, I gave him a start as he was moaning and he cocked up big time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNVB Cup

Fourth Round

Telstar 1 - 2 Vitesse

Mori, Ibarra

View attachment 363931

I really don't know what happened towards the end of this month, minds must have been on the winter break. We scrape through thanks to a late goal from Ibarra.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Vitesse 1 - 1 Dynamo Kiev

van Ginkel

View attachment 363932

A draw would do before hand and thats what we got. We lead for a long time but Kiev got one back with 11 minutes to go to set up a nervy end, but we held out!!

Here's how the table finished:

View attachment 363933

Lazio take top spot as I thought they would and we just pip Kiev.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So we started strong but finished horribly with two shocking defeats. Main thing was though that we got the draw in the Europa League. Wilfried Bony has been senastional at times again and I'm sure interest will grow in January and I'll struggle to keep hold of him, Spurs have been sniffing around for ages but I seriously don't want to sell him to that lot.

We had the draw for the next rounds of the Europa League... not good.

View attachment 363934

Not good at all. If we even somehow get past Valencia we have the joys of Braga or Zenit.

Anyway its the winter break and no games until the 23rd. Only 3 games in total next month so it'll be a small update BUT we do have the transfer window opening and I've changed my season expectations and told to board I can get into the Champions League which means we have to finish in the top 2 which I think is capable, we're pretty clear of Twente in third as you will see in a bit. They gave me £12m to spend though...

Player of the Month

Wilfried Bony

bony-e1354619484126.jpg

Animal. Back to back hat-tricks in the league and a constant menace.

Table

View attachment 363936

Argh if it wasn't for those silly defeats we'd be top. But the season has still gone very well so far.​

Good progress so far mate, what areas are you looking to strengthen in January? Any targets in mind?

Good progress so far mate, what areas are you looking to strengthen in January? Any targets in mind?
I need a half decent striker as Bony is going away to the AFCONS. Also right wing, right back and maybe centre back as Kalas is on loan.

I need a half decent striker as Bony is going away to the AFCONS. Also right wing, right back and maybe centre back as Kalas is on loan.

Mitrovic at Partizan Belgrade is a good shout for a striker as he's young and develops into a beast.
Mijailovic at Red star for centre back as again he's young and got decent potential. Should be able to get both for around £6m
Bernardo from Vasco for a right wing too

Mitrovic at Partizan Belgrade is a good shout for a striker as he's young and develops into a beast.
Mijailovic at Red star for centre back as again he's young and got decent potential. Should be able to get both for around £6m
Bernardo from Vasco for a right wing too
Thanks man, already made some signings. Could only find Bernardo though and he's already moved this season :/ cheers though.

BERNARD at Atletico Mineiro and Doria are tanks also get someone like Negredo or Jelavic up top

BERNARD at Atletico Mineiro and Doria are tanks also get someone like Negredo or Jelavic up top
Bernard will cost too much right now but someone I'll have a look at in the summer, Doria... I had a deal agreed but his agent wants over £1m!!!

Bernard will cost too much right now but someone I'll have a look at in the summer, Doria... I had a deal agreed but his agent wants over £1m!!!

argh shame good players tho Atletico Mineiro must have good youth system