Vote for the best 10 club teams in history

Status
Not open for further replies.
boro could win 9 in a row in scotland to be fair.

i voted united 99 and a few others can't remember

so in your opinion middlesborough are good enough to get to the champions league group stages ? SPL is totally different football than the EPL/Championship.

in my opinion there is some debates wether rangers should be in itor not, fair enough we won 9 in a row its a great achievement we also have won the most league titles in the world but it is a league of poor teams apart from us and celtic.

United 99 season was amense and has to be classed as the greatest. i don't see why Barcelona from 2007 onwards should be considered for all seasons as they haven't dominated.. Liverpool in 2005 was outstanding aswell just for the comeback. and Real madrids team with zidane, raul is just legendary.

Don't understand why chelsea are they though they never have been agreat team, the only reason they challenge is all down to money and they still can't buy the league, they are pretty poor IMO still haven't won a CL. still haven't managed the treble, still haven't manged 3 in a row. - There should be an explanation as to why chelsea are there:S

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Hardly.

You didn't win a European trophy. So other clubs were better.

We have still achieved more than Chelsea but they made the list.. ;)

We have still achieved more than Chelsea but they made the list.. ;)

Depends on your definition of achievements. When was your last European Champions League Final? If Chelsea played in Scotland they would win 99 in a row, never mind 9. Though I do agree Chelsea should not be on the list. As a counter to your Rangers' 9 in a row argument. You say because you won 9 in a row and reached CL group stages, you should be on the list. Well then, so should Rosenborg. 13 titles in a row and they qualified for the quarter finals of the CL - beating AC Milan AWAY.

I voted Real Madrid 1956-1960. Anyone who wins 5 CL titles in a row has got to be the winner - it will never happen again.

Last edited:
Depends on your definition of achievements. When was your last European Champions League Final? If Chelsea played in Scotland they would win 99 in a row, never mind 9.

I voted Real Madrid 1956-1960. Anyone who wins 5 CL titles in a row has got to be the winner - it will never happen again.

Cheslea wouldn't win 99 in a row because for a fact NONE of the first team would stay at chelsea if they were to move, they wouldn't receive the funds like they do in the EPL, Yes we haven't gotten to a CL final but we also didn't need a rich russian to buy over our club to win us trophy's FACT. What did chelsea do up until they were bought over ? The club never has been great they play ok football, and they made it to 1 Cl final with all that money available to them the fact of it is that they still lost. They have a smaller stadium a smaller fan base, and a smaller trophy room :) the only things that are bigger is their league and their bank book. I'm not arguing the fact rangers should be in there, I'm arguing the case that Chelsea shouldn't be init for their achievements before rangers imo because they still didn't achieve anything from there final except broken hearts XD yes our league isn't that hard as their is only 2 teams but 9 in a row is still a great achievement. I reckon if Rangers and Celtic got the chance to move to england it would be alot more different I dont think we could challenge for the title but I reckon given time to build a squad with the right money we would be classed as an established EPL team and be up the top half in time. As we both have the fan base and stadiums there to allow it to happen.

Last edited:
Cheslea wouldn't win 99 in a row because for a fact NONE of the first team would stay at chelsea if they were to move, they wouldn't receive the funds like they do in the EPL, Yes we haven't gotten to a CL final but we also didn't need a rich russian to buy over our club to win us trophy's FACT. What did chelsea do up until they were bought over ? The club never has been great they play ok football, and they made it to 1 Cl final with all that money available to them the fact of it is that they still lost. They have a smaller stadium a smaller fan base, and a smaller trophy room :) the only things that are bigger is their league and their bank book. I'm not arguing the fact rangers should be in there, I'm arguing the case that Chelsea shouldn't IMO

The 99 in a row was an exaggeration. But they would cream both Rangers and Celtic, that much is factual. And I editted my first post before you replied to say I agree Chelsea shouldn't be there.

The 99 in a row was an exaggeration. But they would cream both Rangers and Celtic, that much is factual. And I editted my first post before you replied to say I agree Chelsea shouldn't be there.

Yes mate I did see that when I read it over again XD Yes granted at this moment they would destroy Rangers and Celtic in a week in week out basis, but remember they wouldn't have the same players/money also remember that they would only play Rangers and Celtic twice at Stamford and twice at Ibrox, and in all honesty any team finds it hard to beat us both at home, So I don't think it would be as far off as everyone thinks yes I agree Chelsea would still win but not as easily as everyone thinks because I don't think chelsea would beat Rangers and Celtic 4 out of 4.

hahah Rangers only won 9 back to back titles because they played like Alloa, Hibbs, Falkirk, Peterhead and all the rest of the gash Scottish teams 4 times a year or something, Its hardly an achievement

To be fair that Liverpool squad came from behind 3-0 to AC Milan in the Championsleague Final in 2005, great match aswell....

I know, possibly the best night of my life however it is knowhere near the best club team in history. Our team in the late 80's was 10x better.

Everyone knocking the Rangers 9 ln a row team we made i think it was the semi final of the european cup in 92 losing out to marseille who went on to win it we also beat the best England could offer that season Leeds United and in that 9 years we had some amazing footballers like Butcher Gazza Brian Laudrup McCoist Hatley and Goram

so, here is the situation for right now. top 10:
1. ManU 99' (83 votes)
2. Ajax 71'-73' (72 votes)
3. Real Madrid 56'-60' (70 votes)
4. Milan 89'-90' (67 votes)
5. Real Madrid 2002 (66 votes)
6. Arsenal 2004 (59 votes)
7. Ajax 95' (58 votes)
8. Liverpool 77'-78' (52 votes)
9. Bayern Munich 74'-76' (52 votes)
10. Milan 2003 (40 votes)

many teams from the 70's and 90's in the top 10. by the way, the 90's are my favourite years in Football. I think that was the decade with the best teams!

I can't believe the Huddersfield team of the 1920's or the Arsenal team of the 1930's aren't on that list...

They were the first and second teams to win the English league three times in a row... the 1920's Huddersfield also had 3 FA Cup finals (winning one), a Charity Shield success and finished second in the league at least 3 times too...

the Arsenal team of the 30's had similar achievements...

I didn't vote... the list isn't expansive enough

Ajax in the 70's
Arsenal 03/04
Madrid 2002
Forest '79

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

I can't believe the Huddersfield team of the 1920's or the Arsenal team of the 1930's aren't on that list...

They were the first and second teams to win the English league three times in a row... the 1920's Huddersfield also had 3 FA Cup finals (winning one), a Charity Shield success and finished second in the league at least 3 times too...

the Arsenal team of the 30's had similar achievements...

I didn't vote... the list isn't expansive enough

Arsenal in the 30s are on the list...

Ajax in the 70's
Arsenal 03/04
Madrid 2002
Forest '79

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Arsenal in the 30s are on the list...

:S how did I miss that? still.. surely the first team to win the English league 3 times in a row should be there if the second is?

Status
Not open for further replies.