Resource icon

Vujevic tactics for FM 23

Dead race until the end against City!

Football Manager 2023 3.6.2023. 9_23_28.png

So guys here we go!
I will try to explane how I am using OI to minimise oposition chances and not get FM ed so often :p
First this is NOT plug and play instructions and key is to understand how your opponent plays
This is my last home game against 433 Arsenal strong team

We completly denied them to create anything!
To make that happend you need decend team and very solid BPDs!
This is my team and you can see what kind of players you need to make it work

Football Manager 2023 3.6.2023. 10_30_37.png

This is how I setup instructions at the start of the game

Football Manager 2023 3.6.2023. 10_01_36.png

Striker should be always tight marked and showed on weeker foot if he has,if he is slow and have poor dribling then we tackle him hard
Closed down only if he doesnt have high agility and dribling
IF should be Closed down if he cut inside and also showed on the weeker foot if he had!
Lets go to key thing and that is midfeld!
If you can see on image Jorgino is one that is more offensive and that guy must be tight marked always!
You tackle hard only guys who doesnt have high dribling and agility just like Jorginho
Odegard is too aggile and have fantastic dribling skills so we DONT tackle him because he easy can escape from tackle
Regarding wingbacks we just show them on week foot if they have
So in basic against this formation we are trying to close the space for they IF s, and we are tight marking their MC Jorginho in this case who arive late in oponent box offten unmarked!
Its very important to observe the match and react when opposition manager trying to change soemthing and make subbs!
As in this case Arteta made some changes and I reacted to Immidiately
Football Manager 2023 3.6.2023. 10_28_25.png

As you can see now we have Nketiah on right side who have strong right foot so he will not often cut inside, so we stop to press right side player we just show him on weeker foot!
Viera who is fantastic dribbler and very agile player replace Jorginho,so we still tigh mark him but not tackle hard!
Smith Rowe is the same like Martinelli so we can copy and paste again the same instructions
I hope so I was clear what to do against 433 formation
Stay tuned for the next formations and be free to ask any questions I am always happy to help 👊
Bye the way the game against Arsenal finished like this :p

Football Manager 2023 3.6.2023. 10_29_33.png

Last edited:
Here is example of how tight marking works and how I closed Bernardo Silva with more or less Ivan Toney come back to catch the pass from Ake ;)

Football Manager 2023 3.6.2023. 11_24_13.png

By winning the ball there we have imidiately counter option

cut pass.png

79 minute of the game and City getting player send off so they transformed in some kind of 41211
in this case AMC is the guy who is the most dangerious so tight marked!
their wingbacks are the only one giving the runs so they need to be closed down!
so this is the image what I have done

Football Manager 2023 3.6.2023. 11_47_27.png

Football Manager 2023 3.6.2023. 11_54_13.png

Game finished 0 0 ,the way we dominate its incredible,this tactic is one of the best played in last few years,hands up @vujevic masterpiece 🙌

By the way for next season I am going to try to use IWB players with opposite foot,for example to play Roeslev on the left and Henry on the right so I will train then to play on opposite side,I am very curious to see the result of that as I often see the IWB position very close to score and do more assist if they have opposite foot 😉

Last edited:
So guys here we go!
I will try to explane how I am using OI to minimise oposition chances and not get FM ed so often :p
First this is NOT plug and play instructions and key is to understand how your opponent plays

View attachment 639378

View attachment 639379
Striker should be always tight marked and showed on weeker foot if he has,if he is slow and have poor dribling then we tackle him hard
IF should be Closed down if he cut inside and also showed on the weeker foot if he had!
If you can see on image Jorgino is one that is more offensive and that guy must be tight marked always!
You tackle hard only guys who doesnt have high dribling and agility just like Jorginho
Odegard is too aggile and have fantastic dribling skills so we DONT tackle him because he easy can escape from tackle
So in basic against this formation we are trying to close the space for they IF s, and we are tight marking their MC Jorginho in this case who arive late in oponent box offten unmarked!
Its very important to observe the match and react when opposition manager trying to change soemthing and make subbs!
View attachment 639381

As you can see now we have Nketiah on right side who have strong right foot so he will not often cut inside, so we stop to press right side player we just show him on weeker foot!
Viera who is fantastic dribbler and very agile player replace Jorginho,so we still tigh mark him but not tackle hard!
Smith Rowe is the same like Martinelli so we can copy and paste again the same instructions
Stay tuned for the next formations and be free to ask any questions I am always happy to help 👊

View attachment 639382

nice, so you click into the opposition players profile all the time? It must take quite long time to get through a month of the game then Nothing bad against, i am just saying it only!

By the way for next season I am going to try to use IWB players with opposite foot,for example to play Roeslev on the left and Henry on the right so I will train then to play on opposite side,I am very curious to see the result of that as I often see the IWB position very close to score and do more assist if they have opposite foot 😉

i did this in the last version of FM, they do score more and have more through ball assist then go up and crossing. Defensively seem stronger this way also.

So guys here we go!

View attachment 639378

View attachment 639379
View attachment 639381

View attachment 639382
Fantastic explanation.Waiting for the other formation .You think you can do it today?

Fantastic explanation.Waiting for the other formation .You think you can do it today?
[/QUOTE]
Yes I will 😉

i did this in the last version of FM, they do score more and have more through ball assist then go up and crossing. Defensively seem stronger this way also.
I will do it next season for sure 👌

Your OI suggestions seem working, need to play 10 games or so and against strong teams away to know. However can i understand more when to use close down, when not?

Tight marking is against dangerous guys, ie FW or AM only?
Or someone in midfield?

Your OI suggestions seem working, need to play 10 games or so and against strong teams away to know. However can i understand more when to use close down, when not?

Tight marking is against dangerous guys, ie FW or AM only?
Or someone in midfield?
Against every player and formation could be different
I already explained against 433
Will update more examples soon
Forward and AMC should be marked always!
But if they play with 2 forwards then is different scenario
Will upload it soon