wales 3 - 0 scotland - shocking

plebbles

Reaction score
This result really annoys me. no offence to wales but scotland should be beating them we are meant to have a much better squad and to be honest with any other manager in charge we would have destroyed this team there best player is a 19 year old the rest i have never heard off with some probably even playing for welsh teams ( no disrespect)

it baffles me that less than 2 years ago we beat france 1-0 away.

i know everyone says the players need to take responsibility but lets face it these were almost the exact same players that humbled france in gerland and battered bulgaria in japan minus 3 players.

george burley needs to leave scotland under him we have won 1 game out of 9 of the top of my head?

including a 4-0 off of norway and 3-0 v wales. both average teams and ones we would gub if we had a decent manager in charge

im sorry it is written badly but im tired :(

anyone else agree with me that george burley is a no-hoper?

its a disgrace losing to wales by this score line...

Indeed. It's getting to the Berti stage again. He cannot blame a lack of players this time. It was not even Wales best 11. Caldwell and McManus are the problem and Daniel Fox? He has been less than impressive for a below par Celtic team and yet he starts before Lee Wallace who was one of the decent players against Japan.

The SFA have come out and said his job is secure...typical.

berti xD

the dark ages :(

i wonder if i could win the world cup on fm10,with scotland, send it in to the sfa as an application :eek: might get the job!

I don't think we have any right to be beating these teams, but we should at least be competitive. Burley should have been out a long time ago, but the SFA always seem content to plod along tiredly, awaiting that one good result that buys another 3 or 4 games of shocking defeats.

Thing is, if Burley goes who would you replace him with. The two managers who did best recently, Smith and McLeish, were only in the job until something better came along. How can Scotland attract a manager of quality who actually wants the job as opposed to putting themselves in the shop window for the next offer to come?

not shocking tbh scotland and spl is so overated its crazy brown caldwell mcmanus fox hutton miller etc.

wales are a good young team will be better in about 3years time or so

I was watching this in a pub in Edinburgh, they had both the football and the rugby on at the same time. As a neutral Englishman it was quite amusing to see the fans shouting at one tele when Scotland conceded in the football, and then cheering at the other when they scored in the rugby- very weird

come on its a friendly, not important at all, but i see your point wales are pretty bad

Very poor from Scotland very encouraging from Wales they have a lot to look forward to if their youngsters fulfil their potential

Three words people! BURLEY MUST GO!
An absoloutely disgraceful performance! The camera panned to our guy in the stand Gordon Smith and he was laughing,no ******* wonder! If burley doesn't get the sack i'm through with Scotland i won't be paying my hard earned money to watch a team that has no direction,no organisation and most importantly NO HEART! I was at evry home game this campaign apart from Macedonia!
We never won a ****** tackle yesterday something we pride ourselves on,although with so many big games coming up for their clubs i don't blame them!
I think looking at the bench after all the subs had been used said it all,the players do not want to play for him,Mc Fadden didn't even shake his hand when he came off,just walked right past him!
I hope Craig Levein get's the job,he's been consistant with Utd,plays good football,is honest as the day is long and wouldn't put up with any **** from the SFA,which is why he's constantly overlooked for the position!

come on its a friendly, not important at all, but i see your point wales are pretty bad

its all about pride mate, nobody wants to lose do they?
i agree scotland should comfortabley beat them, especially with the quality of players they have like darren fletcher, ross wallace, steven naismith etc i know some of them didnt play but still.......

I feel sorry for the Welsh because the result will buy Toshack more time.

Its ok sacking Burley,i agree he's not up to the job,but who is going to replace him?

I would have liked to see Strachan but that's gone. Craig Levein would be a good call because he is organised and can get the best out of a meh bunch of players.Maybe someone Foreign but i cannot think of who

Unfortunate for Scotland. They just didn't turn up. An encouraging performance by Ramsey though.

How about SAF has a spell as scotland manager when he leaves Man utd,

that would make me support scotland, i am 1/8 scotish, so there you go. only chance they got

Wales have some great young talent though, Evans are Church will be ace in the future along with Ramsay, Scotland could of done better though, it seems some of the best Welsh players are coming through really well at Swansea and Cardiff if you look at players such Joe Allen and Joe Ledley. A lot of Welsh youngsters are also coming through the English youth system, you could question whether Scotland is on the par with this, what i find ridiculous is that Scotland sometimes play Kenny Miller upfront on his own when he is awful, however if Scotland got someone like Hodgson as manager they would be a much better unit. You will find that Collison and Ramsay are also amazing players so the future looks bright for Wales

I would have liked to see Strachan but that's gone. Craig Levein would be a good call because he is organised and can get the best out of a meh bunch of players.Maybe someone Foreign but i cannot think of who
What about Bertie Vogts? :p

Seriously though what about Otto Rehhagel? He won Euro 2004 with Greece.

Last edited:
miller is shocking i could score more goals upfront :p
I love the fact every pundit always say's that Millers honest,he'll drag CB's into wide areas and has a great workrate! They're missing the point totally,he's still *****!

Should have went 4-4-2 against opponants no better than ourselves,whats the point in one up front when he can't ****** score? Steven Fletcher should have started up front with Kris Boyd,ones a worker and ones a lazy ****** but the two of them can find the back of the net when the oppurtunity arrives! Hope burley gets the sack and Boyd comes back,i think Scotland have really missed him!