Want New Challenge vs People...competition?

• Thread starter Thread starter woper316
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 242
  • Views Views 16K

woper316

Reaction score
I have just bought FM2015 having been a longtime player of the FM (Champ) series and am looking for a new challenge. What I have realised is I miss competing with other people. I also realised I was spending more time picking my club to manage than actually playing as I wasn’t particularly motivated towards any team etc

But I realise there is a wealth of interesting challenges out there, for instance I’ve never managed outside of Europe, I just need the right push to do so.

As I play usually on the train to and from work in London and have a (very) young family I cant commit to an online game.

But I’ve come up with an idea (which I’m sure has been done loads of times before) to have a competition against other people to see how we do in when completing the same challenge and awarding points, and therefore a league table based on relative success.

I imagine a Formula 1 style leaders table with each ‘round’ a challenge with pre-determined scoring that each person undertakes.

So as an example – 10 people play, 1st​ challenge is to play a season as x random team, based on league and cup success we are ranked 1st​>10th​ with points based on position and there we have our first league table. We move onto the 2nd​ challenge etc

It’s not rocket science but think it would be good fun.

In terms of timing, I think keeping most challenges to a season or two and having perhaps 2/3 weeks to complete before we tally scores would be sufficient?

Who’s keen? I guess if we get some people keen we can start soon

Sounds interesting. Any ideas for the first few challenges?

haven't really settled on anything, didn't want to until had a few people who were also keen

ideas were spend a season something similar to below
- random team in south america
- random team in asia
- lower level european league
- lowest level in UK
- interesting clubs PSG- win champ?, Newcastle - win a cup?, Atletico - prove not a one season wonder etc etc

got another person keen in the 'online games' forum area, so 4 of us keen

perhaps give it tomorrow as well to see if anyone else wants to join, then can agree first challenge and deadline and get this thing started?

got another person keen in the 'online games' forum area, so 4 of us keen

perhaps give it tomorrow as well to see if anyone else wants to join, then can agree first challenge and deadline and get this thing started?

Just a question, would we have to do it on normal FM, or would we be able to do it on whatever you want? And if you did use it on FMC, would you be allowed to use Instant Result?

not sure what FMC is and didnt know FM did instant result now. I wont be but I guess it doesnt' really matter how you play as long as it's not doing something ridiculous and cheating!

not sure what FMC is and didnt know FM did instant result now. I wont be but I guess it doesnt' really matter how you play as long as it's not doing something ridiculous and cheating!

IR's on FMC only. :)

right well we've got 5 of us it seems which I'm sure will be enough for now.

1st round...any recommendations?

I think go somewhere completely random for a season and base the 'scoring' between us on solely league table final positions? Africa? Asia?

1st - 5pts
2nd - 3pts
3rd - 2pts
4th - 1pt
5th - 0pts

Maybe a team in the A-league?
And what happens if 2 or more of us finish in the same league position?

A League sounds good.

Interesting one with the league table sorting...do we go with position within your in-game league table or your teams points within the league table? eg you could finish 4th with 68 points in one game or 7th with 68 points in another...crazy example

i think i prefer going off your-in game league table position initially (seems fairer) and using your league table points as a decider, if still level then GD then GS etc etc?

right well we've got 5 of us it seems which I'm sure will be enough for now.

1st round...any recommendations?

I think go somewhere completely random for a season and base the 'scoring' between us on solely league table final positions? Africa? Asia?

1st - 5pts
2nd - 3pts
3rd - 2pts
4th - 1pt
5th - 0pts

I'm liking this! And we are allowed to go FMC and use Instant Result, right? :)

A League sounds good.

Interesting one with the league table sorting...do we go with position within your in-game league table or your teams points within the league table? eg you could finish 4th with 68 points in one game or 7th with 68 points in another...crazy example

i think i prefer going off your-in game league table position initially (seems fairer) and using your league table points as a decider, if still level then GD then GS etc etc?
Yeah sounds good. What team are we doing? Personally i think Melbourne City might be a good idea but i don't mind.

A-League>Melbourne City it is then.

Yeah we can use FMC and IR, why not.

Right, how long do we need for a season, 1 week? 2 weeks? Complete the season by end of Sunday 19th April?

Sorting by your in-game league table, screen shots'll be nice, then decided by PTS, GD, GS.

SteVieBizzLe...yup, plenty of room.

A-League>Melbourne City it is then.

Yeah we can use FMC and IR, why not.

Right, how long do we need for a season, 1 week? 2 weeks? Complete the season by end of Sunday 19th April?

Sorting by your in-game league table, screen shots'll be nice, then decided by PTS, GD, GS.

SteVieBizzLe...yup, plenty of room.

1 week will be plenty. :) Would we need to post the table on here so everyone can see? :)

Room for me? One week is fine especially if can use FMC and Instant Result should it come to it?

Back