Was the ManU Chelsea game worth watching?

i said it would return, though didnt expect a side like chelsea to play it. demands a lot from the players, but if you have the individuals to do it, its brilliant to watch, and can overwhelm even 3 man mids

I never thought i would see Chelsea play 4-4-2 again. Must have been way back in 1998 maybe the last time we played it when we had Zola playing just behind Flo and Vialli?? I can see us using this for a long time even if Drogba or Anelka leave in the summer. Sturridge is an all out striker and could easily partner Torres.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

4-4-2 with superb wing play is always joy to watch. Give me 4-4-2 with excellent wing play than 4-3-3 anyday..

When i hear flat 4-4-2 all it reminds me of is the Utd 90's with Beckham on the right, Giggs on the left with Scholes and Keane in the middle lol.

I never thought i would see Chelsea play 4-4-2 again. Must have been way back in 1998 maybe the last time we played it when we had Zola playing just behind Flo and Vialli?? I can see us using this for a long time even if Drogba or Anelka leave in the summer. Sturridge is an all out striker and could easily partner Torres.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

When i hear flat 4-4-2 all it reminds me of is the Utd 90's with Beckham on the right, Giggs on the left with Scholes and Keane in the middle lol.
that goes way back, when chelsea were a proper flair side, really good to watch. yeah think you will stick with it. fits the side better i think

That was one of the best midfield ever. Beckham and Giggsy as wingers and Keane and Scholes as CMs. What a joy to watch.

Luiz's goal was pretty special, but Rooney's was class-just what to be expected from him. Felt pretty sorry for Smalling with the pen though. poor ******

Was proberly the best incounter between Chelsea and Utd for about 10years ish. Both teams actually attacked each other insted of trying to out fox each other in midfield.

Was one of the few games this season that lived up to its billing. It's a shame such a brilliant game will be talked about for all the wrong reasons rather than the spectacle it was.

Luiz's goal was pretty special, but Rooney's was class-just what to be expected from him. Felt pretty sorry for Smalling with the pen though. poor ******

Smalling had a really good game, thats twice he has played at Stamford Bridge and been involved him personly giving Chelsea 3 points on both occasions. Shame though but he has looked very good lately and he is a real talent but just is unlucky at Stamford Bridge.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

that goes way back, when chelsea were a proper flair side, really good to watch. yeah think you will stick with it. fits the side better i think

We were brilliant to watch, that was the year we were in the CL and got to the quarters and took Barcelona all the way to extra time at the Nou Camp (might have won if it wasnt for Babayaro getting sent off).

I wasnt very impressed by the ref
almost every decision he made I disagreed with (not a penalty, luiz should of been sent off and lots of free kicks given or not given)

I wasnt very impressed by the ref
almost every decision he made I disagreed with (not a penalty, luiz should of been sent off and lots of free kicks given or not given)

I really cant see where any argument can be put against the penalty. Smalling made contact with Zhirkov simple as that. Zhirkov is not a cheat and only Giggs complained to the ref about his decision, the rest of the players including Smalling knew it was a stone waller.

I really cant see where any argument can be put against the penalty. Smalling made contact with Zhirkov simple as that. Zhirkov is not a cheat and only Giggs complained to the ref about his decision, the rest of the players including Smalling knew it was a stone waller.

Fletcher was having a right go too, and Smalling didn't look best pleased. And as I said Smalling is a shy lad so I don't expect to him to get in the face of an official away from home. But lets not get drawn on this? We've seen them given before, but it's still very soft. Lets not get drawn back to this though. :)

Maybe the colour of the ball was the reason for Chelsea's blip?? Yesterday was the first time Chelsea used the white ball in 2011, just look at these stats lol.

Chelsea record with white ball (2010/11): P11 W9 D1 L1 Pts28
Chelsea record with yellow ball (2010/11): P16 W5 D5 L6 Pts20

The crying / intimadating of the Ref was worthy of a listen too! Something Alex Ferguson does every time his team loses. The guy is a egocentric narcicist! Every time United bite the bullet he has an emotional breakdown and has to blame the referee. I mean in his eyes it just can't be possible that his team might lose to Chelsea at the Bridge ! It must be a conspiracy against his red devils. Man I do passionately hate Man united, and Sir Alex is probibly a huge factor in that. The guy had to eat a slice of humble pie last night but for him it went down like Buckleys cough medicine!
You would wonder why Ferguson complained.
http://soccertvlive.blogspot.com/2011/03/video-martin-atkinson-horrible.html
http://soccertvlive.blogspot.com/2011/03/video-nani-vs-ivanovic-no-free-kick.html

I havent seen a single Chelsea fan admit they got lucky with the ref.

Maybe the colour of the ball was the reason for Chelsea's blip?? Yesterday was the first time Chelsea used the white ball in 2011, just look at these stats lol.

Class observation mate & I said the same last night.
Been at work all day so not had a chance to look.

Re the penalty it was a penalty just Smalling was unlucky with the ricochet and Chels got a bit of luck with the decision. Deffo a penalty Smalling unlucky no one cheated.

The FA have clearly been out to get you with their yellow football's! They must have sent Atkinson there to make ammends! XD

Why should we? We beat you! Again!
Did any United fans say they were lucky at the weekend? No!
I thought the ref had a poor game, that United were the better team for the majority of the game but that Chelsea won.
Rooney was a liability for you last night apart from the goal.
Went in late repeatedly early doors, scored a great strike albeit with the help of some slack defending then dived all the 2nd half. Luiz was lucky to stay on but that goes back to the ref being ****

Why should we? We beat you! Again!
Did any United fans say they were lucky at the weekend? No!
I thought the ref had a poor game, that United were the better team for the majority of the game but that Chelsea won.
Rooney was a liability for you last night apart from the goal.
Went in late repeatedly early doors, scored a great strike albeit with the help of some slack defending then dived all the 2nd half. Luiz was lucky to stay on but that goes back to the ref being ****

Mostly true. Wouldn't say Rooney was a liability, he got very little supply in the second half. As I said earlier, it was a fantastic game and it's a shame that it's going to be overshadowed by the referee rather than the game itself, because it was one of the best to watch this season imo.

Mostly true. Wouldn't say Rooney was a liability, he got very little supply in the second half. As I said earlier, it was a fantastic game and it's a shame that it's going to be overshadowed by the referee rather than the game itself, because it was one of the best to watch this season imo.

Agreed.
1st half he was a bit of a loose cannon but scored a great goal.
Chelsea were poor 1st half but with hindsight coz United were so good. Best team to come to the bridge this season!!
Therefore I hope you win the league and stuff the scousers on sunday! Chelsea dont deserve it and would only take any pleasure from it if we won the next 11 games and won it, not inherited another team losing it

Agreed.
1st half he was a bit of a loose cannon but scored a great goal.
Chelsea were poor 1st half but with hindsight coz United were so good. Best team to come to the bridge this season!!
Therefore I hope you win the league and stuff the scousers on sunday! Chelsea dont deserve it and would only take any pleasure from it if we won the next 11 games and won it, not inherited another team losing it

I don't think Chelsea were ready for us to attack like we did either in the first half.

As much as the ref did make some bad decisions I don't think he made them just because it was Manchester United as was suggested after the match, I think he was just a bit pants and possibly needs to go to spec saverz, now do I need to locate the worlds smallest violin?

Last edited:
it was a great game with very good attacking football.

As much as the ref did make some bad decisions I don't think he made them just because it was Manchester United as was suggested after the match, I think he was just a bit pants and possibly needs to go to spec saverz, now do I need to locate the worlds smallest violin?
its the second time in two united chelsea games. but i agree. it's just because he's slightly pants as a ref imo, as opposed to anything against united