Dodds

Reaction score
wonder if I'm the only one, but! Does anyone else just watch commentary and player ratings instead of the actual game when managing? .... Pros ? And cons?

Well, the cons of just watching the commentary is that you have abslutely no idea of what is going on on the pitch. The pros are that if not really bothering with tinkering with shouts and tactics etc, then this goes faster :D

Played a while just watching commentary judging shouts and tactic changes on passion, passes, shots ect... When watching is every game the same? Does it feel like all the moves are pre recorded if u know what I mean :/

Played a while just watching commentary judging shouts and tactic changes on passion, passes, shots ect... When watching is every game the same? Does it feel like all the moves are pre recorded if u know what I mean :/

They are not pre recorded as such, but you are correct in that many nmoves looks the same as you often cant see the difference between a player beating his man using a two-foot dribble, one just using his left foot etc, one by using his strenths pusing him away sholder against shoulder, a player using his agilty versus acceleration etc. ( this is if using a match speed that is high, in the slowest you can tell the difference though)

I seem to have less ridiculous mistakes while on the 2D classic camera than watching in 3D if that's any help?

See how I get on watching them for a while, or maybe watch the big games, do you watch all of yous?

I seem to have less ridiculous mistakes while on the 2D classic camera than watching in 3D if that's any help?

That might have something to do with the fact that watching a small circle move past a larger circle looks less ridiculous than a 3D model of a player swinging a boot at a ball and missing. But it's the exact same thing.

That might have something to do with the fact that watching a small circle move past a larger circle looks less ridiculous than a 3D model of a player swinging a boot at a ball and missing. But it's the exact same thing.

I'm talking about things like the keeper coming out of his box to get the ball when he can wait for it to go into his box and then getting tackled and letting in a goal. 3 times that happened to me on 3D. On 2D none of that happens to me. 3D camera hs got it against me.

I'm talking about things like the keeper coming out of his box to get the ball when he can wait for it to go into his box and then getting tackled and letting in a goal. 3 times that happened to me on 3D. On 2D none of that happens to me. 3D camera hs got it against me.

If you have played the same amount of matches in 3D as in 2D, then Its just a coincidence.

Watched half a season in 2d, big improvement on results! Seeing when to change formation to suite situation is a massive advantage !

I think maybe seeing the match in too much detail (i.e. in 3D) can cause you to notice things that aren't there and attempt to "fix what ain't broke" per se. Viewing the match in 2D allows you to view the bigger picture and respond to major changes in the game. However it is certainly the case that you miss something small but not so insignificant. I've had my successes and failures through both methods. For example I've just tried a 2D game again for the first time in my current season (2nd season in save, 1st season for Forest in the EPL) and managed a magnificent 4-2 win over Man City, scoring three goals in the last 10 minutes. Swings and roundabouts etc etc.

I've had a huge improvement on results! Although you can still win and get results without watching the game at all, back to promotions with Rotherham on my currant save and didn't watch a single game !