Not sure this is true at all. Both seasons he played as a full striker he scored over 30 goals and loved it.

He has played one game as a CM, against a pretty awful Stoke; to say that its one of SAF's best moves is seriously overstating it.

The bold certainly isnt true at all. Rooney was never that prolific there.

Yet to be seen if he has the positioning to do it against far tougher sides.

he has played a few games in Cm over the past 2 years though, agree with Stoke being a inferior team no doubt :) so time will tell if he can be consistent (if Fergie actually plays him there)

as you said, it was 2 years ago I think, he was nearly a goal a game or so as striker

I think he does Mike, I think he is extremely intelligent on the field and takes up good positions (not so much on defence but I think playing there will make him more accustomed to where to be when)

up against Pool now in my game lol :) lets see :p

Man United vs Liverpool:

View attachment 331561

View attachment 331564View attachment 331565View attachment 331562View attachment 331563

In the derby I decided to keep the exact same formation as the Fc Nord game as we won 8:0 (first game I have used the tactic in all season)

I started Giggs as AMC instead of Kagawa and RVP instead of Hernandez and Carrick instead of Fletcher as he just came back from his injury he starts with (Vidic, Smalling, Rafael are all out with injuries)

We completely dominated from start to finish, Rooney was not in the best of form today as he had Leiva marking him pretty tightly. He had a 88% pass completion rate and one key pass out of 37 completed and average rating of 6.9 for the game, he picked up a yellow so I subbed him out in the 76th minute.

2 interceptions, 4/4 headers won, a good performance from Rooney in his toughest game yet at CM

The only downer to the game was the goal we conceded... A mistake from Rio (as shown below) let Joe Allen in 1v1 against De Gea to slot it home with ease! Rio was caught in possession of the ball even though he had a few options on and the correct settings for him to pass the ball...

View attachment 331560View attachment 331559View attachment 331558

he has played a few games in Cm over the past 2 years though, agree with Stoke being a inferior team no doubt :) so time will tell if he can be consistent (if Fergie actually plays him there)

as you said, it was 2 years ago I think, he was nearly a goal a game or so as striker

I think he does Mike, I think he is extremely intelligent on the field and takes up good positions (not so much on defence but I think playing there will make him more accustomed to where to be when)

up against Pool now in my game lol :) lets see :p

And last season too, his strike rate was virtually identical to Van Persie's

Man United vs Sunderland:

View attachment 331594

View attachment 331590View attachment 331591View attachment 331592

By far his best game of the season so far! Bossed midfield from start to finish! 4 key passes and a good 86.7% completion rate with 65 passes.

He capped this performance off with a well taken goal and had several good shots on target!

As you can see by the match stats, this was a very one sided game, 66% possession with 28 shots on goal, 11 on target to their 1 at goal which was off target..

The tactic is working like a charm at the moment :)

Zenit vs Man United:

View attachment 331593

This was a quiet game for mostly everyone, I went out to play on the counter, sit back and defend deeper but be cautious in committing players up field, a good 1:0 win away from home was good enough along with Rooney having 1 key pass in 28 completed with 78% completion rate.

Giggs however played extremely well in AMC

I have requested that he learns tries long range passes (this coupled with switches ball to flanks) is exactly what I am after! hoping he sweeps the ball from left to right as he does in real life and as does Scholes :)

I doubt he will learn it though as he has quite a few already..

Scholes? Didn't you want to say Beckham?

No, he definitely means Paul Scholes. If you watch this video you'll see the types of passes he's talking about. Receiving the ball on the left or right side of midfield and then sweeping the ball to the opposite flank to spread the play.

[video=youtube;KwMDfKXUNFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwMDfKXUNFY[/video]

Scholes? Didn't you want to say Beckham?

you are thinking of the Beckham that is now, not the Beckham from when he played for us! he was a right mid, he did run with the ball back then a bit and crossed like a machine :)

[video=youtube;SG2IAJbrBmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG2IAJbrBmU[/video]

I do agree with you though :)

I honestly can't believe how underrated Scholes is among fans of other clubs. I mean, all footballers love him and would've loved to play alongside him, just look at the quotes, but the fans just don't really get him. I've heard so much about how Lampard/Gerrard are better, and maybe they are now, but in his prime Scholes was incredible. Could've walked into the starting 11 of any team in the world.

I did the same with Rooney on my United save, but he didn't really succeed at it :\

Thats strange, I trained him as a CM on my save too but it took him almost a whole season to become accomplished

Thats strange, I trained him as a CM on my save too but it took him almost a whole season to become accomplished

that is very weird! It took him literally 20 days or so on mine..

One thing is for sure with Beckham, he just loved hitting the Corner of the Net...fantastic video of Beckham there Raikan...
all of his goals and 1 thing is the most common, the ball blasts the corner of the net each time

Love it when a manager tries something new with a player, just like you have done with Rooney. I was thinking about bringing in Rooney to my Real Madrid side later on to play as a striker, but after having taken a look at his stats I realized that he would be able to play in my box-to-box midfielder role that I use. He lacks marking skills, so that would be a focus, but do you think that he would be able to put up some great performances as a box-to-box midfielder? Would be a very useful squad player that way.

I prefer to play him as Trequartista in AMC and he is also superb there would assist and score at crucial times. Even RVP would miss many chances i wouldn't worry 'coz Rooney is truly a match saviour. I am thinking of bringing Cavani next season, the duo would be unstoppable for any opposition defence.

Love it when a manager tries something new with a player, just like you have done with Rooney. I was thinking about bringing in Rooney to my Real Madrid side later on to play as a striker, but after having taken a look at his stats I realized that he would be able to play in my box-to-box midfielder role that I use. He lacks marking skills, so that would be a focus, but do you think that he would be able to put up some great performances as a box-to-box midfielder? Would be a very useful squad player that way.

I think so mate, B2B is a good role for him but as you say, he lacks a few important stats for it.. I have done it as well but found a specialized DLP role is better suited :)

I prefer to play him as Trequartista in AMC and he is also superb there would assist and score at crucial times. Even RVP would miss many chances i wouldn't worry 'coz Rooney is truly a match saviour. I am thinking of bringing Cavani next season, the duo would be unstoppable for any opposition defence.

I played him AMC for most of Fm12 and then some as CM :) People know he does and can play AMC already, hence why I wanted to use him as CM