Havent seen this thread before.

When I first bought the game I started a UTD save and my attacking options meant that more and more I was playing Rooney in the Scholes position to great effect.

Well, no doubt about Rooney he can play as DLP, but has anyone tried using Hamsik as AP in AMC position. I tried it 'coz of injuries to other AMCs and he was truly insane. He can be close to Rooney.

Well, no doubt about Rooney he can play as DLP, but has anyone tried using Hamsik as AP in AMC position. I tried it 'coz of injuries to other AMCs and he was truly insane. He can be close to Rooney.

Um that is his natural position mate, of course he is going to play the best there lol

Not sure this is true at all. Both seasons he played as a full striker he scored over 30 goals and loved it.

He has played one game as a CM, against a pretty awful Stoke; to say that its one of SAF's best moves is seriously overstating it.

The bold certainly isnt true at all. Rooney was never that prolific there.

Yet to be seen if he has the positioning to do it against far tougher sides.

Since we're being picky, "never" is a strong word. Quote from wiki;

Rooney joined Everton at age nine,[29] and was the Everton mascot for the Merseyside derby against Liverpool as an 11-year-old.[30] In the 1995–96 season he scored 114 goals in 29 games for Everton's under-10s and 11s,[31]

114 goals in 29 games seems pretty ******* prolific to me, to say "never" is a stretch.

However, his freedom has unlocked a whole new side of his game. If you cant see that he's a much better player this year than previous years, you're watching the wrong team. Sure he's scored more previously, but scoring doesn't always mean your progressing substantially as a player. For instance, although lewandowski is hitting a serious wave of momentum, look at his goals against madrid.

one was a toe poke from a pinpoint cross, one was a penalty, and one was a simple turn and shot. which 99% of strikers can do. Sure he scored 4, and that's something in itself, but for me it's the whole package that makes a player and not just hitting the net.

Rooney joined Everton at age nine,[29] and was the Everton mascot for the Merseyside derby against Liverpool as an 11-year-old.[30] In the 1995–96 season he scored 114 goals in 29 games for Everton's under-10s and 11s,[31]

114 goals in 29 games seems pretty ******* prolific to me, to say "never" is a stretch.

U11s games are so, SO far removed from proper football they shouldn't even be considered. Aged 11, the players who dominate are often the most physically mature, which speaks volumes for how much it should be considered.

However, his freedom has unlocked a whole new side of his game. If you cant see that he's a much better player this year than previous years, you're watching the wrong team. Sure he's scored more previously, but scoring doesn't always mean your progressing substantially as a player. For instance, although lewandowski is hitting a serious wave of momentum, look at his goals against madrid.

one was a toe poke from a pinpoint cross, one was a penalty, and one was a simple turn and shot. which 99% of strikers can do. Sure he scored 4, and that's something in itself, but for me it's the whole package that makes a player and not just hitting the net.

Did he carry that form through into under 12s? He has quite clearly been on the decline for the last 15 years or so..........

25games 12goals 10assist...to say dint play upfront all time played DLP! WORLD CLASS!!

Did he carry that form through into under 12s? He has quite clearly been on the decline for the last 15 years or so..........

think you need to give up watching football! hes a complete player!!! he tracks back when needed, he can pass almost any distance, good tekkers scores goals creates goal decent header of the ball what more you want!! would you like to pick things from with Ronaldo And Mesi's game too?

think you need to give up watching football! hes a complete player!!! he tracks back when needed, he can pass almost any distance, good tekkers scores goals creates goal decent header of the ball what more you want!! would you like to pick things from with Ronaldo And Mesi's game too?

What you talking bout willis?

Have you ever heard of sarcasm? To suggest wayne rooney has been on the decline since under 11s laughable but the fact I have to explain that I'm being sarcastic even more so.

I think you need to read things properly and maybe think about the context in which they're written and fyi I happen to think rooney is a very good player even though he hasn't maybe hit the heights of the 95/96 merseyside under 11 league he has still done ok.........

Last edited:
From a thread about adapting Rooney, to a rampage of arguments about the ability to score goals... wow....

Any more game SS Raikan?