Reaction score
What are you guys thinking about Rooneys technical marks in FM 10 ??? I think he should be better.

Cos you are a United fan :p
His finishing and dribbling could improve. That's about it.

Yeah Wayne Is Generally Underated But Whod Of Expected This Form From Him At The Start Of The Season ?

This is why they release patches as the season goes on, I am sure he will be slightly upped in the 10.3 patch

I think the only thing that needs to be altered is his finishing. 15 is still high, but this season he's been immense.. maybe raise it to 17

just play him as a advanced forward with berba deep lying and he scores like 3 a game anyway.

I think the only thing that needs to be altered is his finishing. 15 is still high, but this season he's been immense.. maybe raise it to 17

i beleive 17 is slightly high i think 16 is the hightest i would expect him to have at finishing :)

It's something about United and Arsenal fans that feel the need to moan about how their players are rated too poorly on the game, well let's be honest, they've done an awesome job with every other player in the game. So just accept the rating your players got :)

Some Arsenal players are very underrated though lol
I don't think Rooney is underrated if im being honest

Rooney is not great at finishing, the amount of one on ones he miss is ridiculous for the quality of player he is.

Rooney's rated fairly to be honest, who cares if hes on the form of his life it doesnt mean he should get a boast in his stats if he does then fabregas should get a mega boast aswell but thats unlikely.

It's something about United and Arsenal fans that feel the need to moan about how their players are rated too poorly on the game, well let's be honest, they've done an awesome job with every other player in the game. So just accept the rating your players got :)

I admit, i did moan about a few arsenal players being underated on last years game but not this years as i think they've done a superb job.

Rooney is not even close to being "technically skilled". He's just a buffalo on steroids. He's a really physical player that reads the pitch well. I think the highest his finishing should ever reach is 16. Form has very little to do with attributes.

i still don't get Fabregas' pace - 10. that makes him just quicker than Sol. not on my watch.

Ahaha agreed about the pace thing, when he scored against Aston Villa he did a decent job to keep up with Walcott.

Rooney is not even close to being "technically skilled". He's just a buffalo on steroids. He's a really physical player that reads the pitch well. I think the highest his finishing should ever reach is 16. Form has very little to do with attributes.

rooney isnt a technically skilled player? do you watch football?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gWGqrK5pKM"]YouTube- rooney volley against newcastle[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dpY9AKUwhU&feature=related"]YouTube- FA Cup: Rooney's 2nd Goal Against Portsmouth AWESOME[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF-tlYezS6s"]YouTube- Wayne Rooney First Goal[/ame]

because none of those goals involved sensational technique?

anyway i think hes pretty fairly rated on fm10

Last edited:
Simple answers to this as well as any future "shouldn´t 'insert random player name here' have better stats"...There´s no need for it, if you play the player in the right position and with the right training whatever stat you think that doesn´t live up to his real life standards, will probably improve anyway eventually. And if that´s not good enough, well the game has an editor so personalize the stats the way you think they should have been to begin with and load up a new game ;)

Last edited:
rooney isnt a technically skilled player? do you watch football?

because none of those goals involved sensational technique?

anyway i think hes pretty fairly rated on fm10

Thanks for proving my point? Those goals showed smart pitch reading and amazing timing. No actually technique used.

Maybe my definition of technique and your definition of technique are different as english isn't close to being my first nor 2nd language, though if you read in between the lines you should understand what I am trying to get across. Messi, C.Ronaldo, J.Cole, Ronaldinho are what i rate technically skilled players (or once were).

Thanks for proving my point? Those goals showed smart pitch reading and amazing timing. No actually technique used.

Maybe my definition of technique and your definition of technique are different as english isn't close to being my first nor 2nd language, though if you read in between the lines you should understand what I am trying to get across. Messi, C.Ronaldo, J.Cole, Ronaldinho are what i rate technically skilled players (or once were).

i understand, you regard technique as dribbling/tricks on the ball then essentially.

for me a player with good technique has the following attributes:

he can strike a football sweetly
has a great first touch
the ability to do what they want with the ball: see the lob
tricks/ability on the ball is also important

the volley, especially on the run is one of the hardest technical skills to master. and the technique required to pull off a lob as audacious as that is beyond anything joe cole could muster :p

Last edited:
i understand, you regard technique as dribbling/tricks on the ball then essentially.

for me a player with good technique has the following attributes:

he can strike a football sweetly
has a great first touch
the ability to do what they want with the ball: see the lob
tricks/ability on the ball is also important

the volley, especially on the run is one of the hardest technical skills to master. and the technique required to pull off a lob as audacious as that is beyond anything joe cole could muster :p

You've just summed up the brilliance of Wayne Rooney in one post jdm (H)