Rooney is not even close to being "technically skilled". He's just a buffalo on steroids. He's a really physical player that reads the pitch well. I think the highest his finishing should ever reach is 16. Form has very little to do with attributes.

Thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard anybody say about anything in football! rooney is technically one of the most gifted players in the world, his vision is second to none he can pass short he pass raking 60 yard passes he goes past players.he can finish from 6 yards or from 30 with his head or chipping the keeper and has a phenomenal first touch. the thing that hindered his goal scoring record (which is in fact not that bad) is his desire to help the team out which ment he spends most of his time outside of the box! the only thing that has changed this season is that he is spending more time as a striker and not playing out wide!

What are you guys thinking about Rooneys technical marks in FM 10 ??? I think he should be better.

18 of his goals this year are from Relegation teams... Scoring goals against MINNOWS doesn't mean your stats should go up. And i'm still ****** he didn't get a 1-3 match ban for his dive in the first match against Arsenal.

YouTube- Wayne Rooney - The great thing is that he's English

Don't you just love how he is breaking his leg down to flop over Almunia... This is besides the fact that he kicked the ball out of bounds and had no chance of scoring or even had a chance to retain the ball.

Oh and the guy in my signature was having a better season before the Italian Mafia put a hit out for him

Last edited:
18 of his goals this year are from Relegation teams... Scoring goals against MINNOWS doesn't mean your stats should go up. And i'm still ****** he didn't get a 1-3 match ban for his dive in the first match against Arsenal.

Without getting into a stats debate, it doesnt matter if you score against barnsley or barca they all count! and even without his goalscoring record he is playing fantastically his all round game is on a different planet this season should get a boost!

Your complaining about Rooney's stats, at least I have a case to complain about Zamora's, criminal, just criminal.

Alumina made the worst decision by coming out to get the ball when the ball and Rooney were running away from the goal. He came out, missed the ball, and got Rooney. Penalty.

who you score against is irrelevant...

his heading needs to go up drastically, on recent evidence.

I'm sorry but a goal vs Burnley is a little different then a goal against Chelsea or Liverpool. Sure when you look at a stat sheet it will count as a goal but lets not be idiots here... 2 goals a game average vs the WEAKEST opponents in your division doesn't mean your stats should go UP.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

who you score against is irrelevant...

his heading needs to go up drastically, on recent evidence.

I'm sorry but a goal vs Burnley is a little different then a goal against Chelsea or Liverpool. Sure when you look at a stat sheet it will count as a goal but lets not be idiots here... 2 goals a game average vs the WEAKEST opponents in your division doesn't mean your ratings should go UP.

you are being an idiot. a top striker will get more chances against a weak team than a strong one, thus more goals. not only that, there are many more weak teams in the league. more goals again. your argument is pointless.

Alumina made the worst decision by coming out to get the ball when the ball and Rooney were running away from the goal. He came out, missed the ball, and got Rooney. Penalty.

First off I agree that Almunia should of stayed back and not rushed out. it would of been a tough angle for Rooney and not to mention Sagna was on his back. But...

You probably need to have your eyes checked or re-watch the vid. Rooney not only kicked the ball out to row Z. The rule states Almunia needs to impede his ability to get to a PLAYABE ball in which it clearly was not. Usain Bolt couldn't of gotten to it. The next part, Rooney flopped over Almunia. Rooney did not go down by contact but on his own intuition. Nothing Almunia did caused Rooney to go down. You notice his left leg dragging and then you see his right leg just fold over on top of Almunia. Shouldn't of been a PK at all.

And back to the point. A Goal against Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Money Citeh, Everton (Current Everton, not first half), Fulham, Birmingham (Just because the way they are playing defense) is way different then getting 18 goals against West Ham, Burnley, Portsmouth, Wolverhampton.... If you don't find that its a big difference then you need a reality check.

Example... I hit 8 home runs in baseball for my high school team my senior year. 3 of which don't really count because we 10 run ruled them each game and they where against 2 division opponents who only won 2 & 4 district games that year. Its like playing the little sisters of the poor and thrashing them and bragging about it. I'm sorry but you are supposed to beat them by 3 GOALS and expect your Striker to get at least 1.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

you are being an idiot. a top striker will get more chances against a weak team than a strong one, thus more goals. not only that, there are many more weak teams in the league. more goals again. your argument is pointless.

exactly my argument. His ability doesn't need to go up... Its ridiculous to think so. The bulk of his scoring is against minnows. Something he should be doing. He gets more possesion and chances these teams

If Rooney did not fall down by himself, you think Alumina would of went straight through him and Rooney would of stayed on his feet? Either way, Alumina would of bought him down, taking him out, making it a foul, in the box, a yellow carded offense, which is a Penalty.

i understand, you regard technique as dribbling/tricks on the ball then essentially.

for me a player with good technique has the following attributes:

he can strike a football sweetly
has a great first touch
the ability to do what they want with the ball: see the lob
tricks/ability on the ball is also important

the volley, especially on the run is one of the hardest technical skills to master. and the technique required to pull off a lob as audacious as that is beyond anything joe cole could muster :p

van persie is underated his technique and first touh should be 20, he is one of the best volley'ers ever and rooney is right up there aswell

Who is AC Milan? Carling Cup Semi-Final and Final? Arsenal? Its not only his goals remember. His overall performance just destroys teams. He is doing what he needs to do. Finishes off chances. He is going to get more against weaker sides = more goals against them. It isn't that hard to work out.

Last edited:
can someone post a screenshot of rooney on the new patch?

Don't you just love how he is breaking his leg down to flop over Almunia... This is besides the fact that he kicked the ball out of bounds and had no chance of scoring or even had a chance to retain the ball.

Oh and the guy in my signature was having a better season before the Italian Mafia put a hit out for him

What are you on about? Even if that was a dive why would it be a 3 match ban you tool? A dive is a yellow card offence and almunia got rooney without any contact with the ball so it was a foul and a penalty. Rooney has scored 2 against arsenal, the winner in a cup final, 2 against ac milan and 2 against city, so he doesn't just score against small teams. There is no guarantee rvp would have carried on his good form.The point about rooney not being able to do anything with the ball doesn't affect if it was a foul it just shows how stupid almunia was to come rushing out.

And you are gauranteed he feels Eduardo never dived against Celtic...

his stats havnt changed well if they have its barely noticably

First off I agree that Almunia should of stayed back and not rushed out. it would of been a tough angle for Rooney and not to mention Sagna was on his back. But...

You probably need to have your eyes checked or re-watch the vid. Rooney not only kicked the ball out to row Z. The rule states Almunia needs to impede his ability to get to a PLAYABE ball in which it clearly was not. Usain Bolt couldn't of gotten to it. The next part, Rooney flopped over Almunia. Rooney did not go down by contact but on his own intuition. Nothing Almunia did caused Rooney to go down. You notice his left leg dragging and then you see his right leg just fold over on top of Almunia. Shouldn't of been a PK at all.

And back to the point. A Goal against Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Money Citeh, Everton (Current Everton, not first half), Fulham, Birmingham (Just because the way they are playing defense) is way different then getting 18 goals against West Ham, Burnley, Portsmouth, Wolverhampton.... If you don't find that its a big difference then you need a reality check.

Example... I hit 8 home runs in baseball for my high school team my senior year. 3 of which don't really count because we 10 run ruled them each game and they where against 2 division opponents who only won 2 & 4 district games that year. Its like playing the little sisters of the poor and thrashing them and bragging about it. I'm sorry but you are supposed to beat them by 3 GOALS and expect your Striker to get at least 1.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

exactly my argument. His ability doesn't need to go up... Its ridiculous to think so. The bulk of his scoring is against minnows. Something he should be doing. He gets more possesion and chances these teams
buy a normal goalkeeper...Anyway hes top scorer ?