There the same. Most stats look exactly the same. I wonder if the CCC bug has been fixed.

If Rooney did not fall down by himself, you think Alumina would of went straight through him and Rooney would of stayed on his feet? Either way, Alumina would of bought him down, taking him out, making it a foul, in the box, a yellow carded offense, which is a Penalty.

How can it be a foul when the ball is Out of Bounds... Watch the wide Pan video of the play and you will see the ball is 1 yard from Out of Bounds and by the time he is down the ball is out of bounds. He had no PLAY. The ball was unplayable. Like I stated earlier, Usain bolt already in full sprint couldn't obtain possession of the ball. Therefore not a foul.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

buy a normal goalkeeper...Anyway hes top scorer ?

The only reason he is the top scorer is because Drogba was out for a month in Africa, RVP had a hit out for him by the Italian Mafia, and Torres as well been hurt all year basically.

I am in no way stating Rooney is a terrible striker. I am just stating that he is a great striker.. Top 10 in the world but don't act like he needs a "Stat Upgrade" when he has scored 18 of his goals against the bottom tier teams in the league. He is already rated as one of the higher strikers in the game.

Doesn't matter if the ball is out of play. It's a foul. He missed the ball and got the man. So by your theory, if I take out a player, two footed, brake his leg, but he tapped the ball out of play, it's no foul?

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if the ball is out of play. It's a foul. He missed the ball and got the man. So by your theory, if I take out a player, two footed, brake his leg, but he tapped the ball out of play, it's no foul?

OMG you have no clue... Go read the rules.... The ball has to be playable for it to be a Penalty Kick...

OMG you have no clue... Go read the rules.... The ball has to be playable for it to be a Penalty Kick...

gl
OMG..... the ball has to be in play, on the field of play, not playable and as you said above when the foul was commited the ball was in play, almunia did foul rooney and it was a penalty. So please take your pathetic whining about how rooney is not that great because OMG he well should have got a 3 match ban for a dive when it wasn't a dive and the punishment for simulation is a yellow.:p

i got rooney 42 goals in a season on his 10.2 stats. just ****** he didnt beat ronaldos record :S

Did someone say Rooney's dribbling up? LOL.

And not once have I seen him make a 35+ Yard pass as stated in one of the original posts...

99% of Man Utd fans need to take the rose-tinted glasses off before they decide to make stupid statements as the ones above and more than likely, the ones to follow...

yeah ando you tell him, nah seriously, though i die inside when i say this, rooney is by far the best english player and maybe even the best striker in the EPL, drogba can be compared but hes not as good, i think the likes of tevez (no bias lol), van persie, defoe, bent, and many more epl players are up there, i dont think because he dived against almunia makes him **** does it? does maradona scoring the hand of god goal make him ****?, no didnt think so

I have seen 100+ challenges made on the touchline when the ball is out and been given yellow and red cards for.

Wayne Rooney, is the best striker in the EPL this season.

And i hope he gets better, cause if England have any chance of winning the World Cup, it's in the hands on Rooney, i can't really see where the goals will come from.

If Almunia wasn't an absolute tool, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Rooney touches the ball too far, Rooney drops his leg before Almunia got to him and cleans him up.

Rooney touches the ball to far, Alumina runs and misses the ball and cleans him up.

Does it make much difference?

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

what does that have to do with anything

He said the ball was out so it wasn't a foul.

Did someone say Rooney's dribbling up? LOL.

And not once have I seen him make a 35+ Yard pass as stated in one of the original posts...

99% of Man Utd fans need to take the rose-tinted glasses off before they decide to make stupid statements as the ones above and more than likely, the ones to follow...
you dont watch him enough then, cos he does, less now than last season, but thats down to him playing further up the pitch and central.

thats said his stats dont need need changing, used right he will get you bagfuls of goals (as IRL, where he leads the golden boot standings)

he dropped deep on sunday quite a few times and fed the wingers with 35+ yard passes.

i havent got rose tinted glasses, i think his stats are fine as they are, hes going through a nice patch with some headed goals, but the percentage of goals hes scored from headers overall is still low.
its the same with zamora, hes on a good run at the moment, doesnt mean he needs a drastic stats change, in fact if i remember correctly, the fulham fans were getting on his back a few weeks back...

"And not once have I seen him make a 35+ Yard pass as stated in one of the original posts.."

He has made many of these passes. Recently he lobbed it over for Park to score against Arsenal. I remember in the Carling Cup Semi-Final, he made a 40+ yard pass to free up Giggs to have a one on one with Given. Pass of the season IMO.

No, it doesn't. if a player pushes an opposition player in the box when the ball's out of play it's a penalty, regardless of where the ball is. Afaik.

What are you on about? Even if that was a dive why would it be a 3 match ban you tool? A dive is a yellow card offence and almunia got rooney without any contact with the ball so it was a foul and a penalty. Rooney has scored 2 against arsenal, the winner in a cup final, 2 against ac milan and 2 against city, so he doesn't just score against small teams. There is no guarantee rvp would have carried on his good form.The point about rooney not being able to do anything with the ball doesn't affect if it was a foul it just shows how stupid almunia was to come rushing out.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/01/eduardo-banned-uefa-diving-arsenal-celtic

A dive is a yellow card offence
Yes it is.

almunia got rooney without any contact with the ball so it was a foul and a penalty.
This sentence doesn't make any sense so I will interpret to the best of my ability. No contact was initiated by Almunia. Rooney fell down on his own intuition not by contact. This is besides the fact that the ball was kicked into the stands and was only a yard or two from being out of bounds when Rooney fell down.

The rule clearly states that the ball must be playable, or in simpler terms a shot taking chance. There was ZERO chance of a shot being played once he kicked the ball into the stands.

wayne-rooney-dive.jpg

Notice in this picture Almunia's hands/arms are not even in front of Rooney before he starts to Dive.

wayne-rooney-dives.jpg

Notice in this picture now that Almunia's hands/arms are in front but still no contact has been made, Rooneys LEFT knee, right in the picture, is only a few inches from touching the ground... Dragging his leg inducing contact. If Rooney doesn't slow up by dragging his feet no contact is made, no foul is called, and the ball goes out of bounds and we don't have the Diaby disaster.

Last edited:
Here we go. If this if that. IF Almunia wasn't and idiot, this whole situation wouldn't of even happend. IF Manchester United took their chances and IF we had VDS and IF we had defended better it would of 5-0. Ridiculous. Alumnia's mistake. Not the ref's. Clear cut Penalty. End of story. You still don't get it. Rooney not going down before Almunia came rushing out, HE WOULD OF CLEANED HIM UP ANYWAY. Penalty both ways. What the **** are you arguing about?