And you are gauranteed he feels Eduardo never dived against Celtic...

Oh Eduardo Dived... I'm not these people who are going into frame by frame bit to look for a cleat touching his calf muscle....

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

gl
OMG..... the ball has to be in play, on the field of play, not playable and as you said above when the foul was commited the ball was in play, almunia did foul rooney and it was a penalty. So please take your pathetic whining about how rooney is not that great because OMG he well should have got a 3 match ban for a dive when it wasn't a dive and the punishment for simulation is a yellow.:p

... English dictionary is nice.

The ball was unplayable. It was unobtainable. Notice the ball.... It is almost in the stands by the time his face hits the ground. The rule clearly states he must have a PLAY on the Goal in which how can he have a play on the goal when the ball is just a yard from being OB and going 40mph? Not a foul at all.......

Why is it only the manure fans can't admit their players faults but are first to call out others. Quite hilarious if you ask me. Rooney flopped... Not only did I give you video of Flipper falling before contact was made, I also gave 2 pictures showing his leg going down. The vid also showed he had no play on the ball since HE, Flipper, kicked it out of bounds.

Just because someone knocks in a couple of headers in lately doesn't mean you should pump in his status up to 20 on Heading and Jumping... Quite hilarious you Manure fans are even considering it.

Oh Eduardo Dived... I'm not these people who are going into frame by frame bit to look for a cleat touching his calf muscle....

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

The ball was unplayable. It was unobtainable. Notice the ball.... It is almost in the stands by the time his face hits the ground. The rule clearly states he must have a PLAY on the Goal in which how can he have a play on the goal when the ball is just a yard from being OB and going 40mph? Not a foul at all.......

Why is it only the manure fans can't admit their players faults but are first to call out others. Quite hilarious if you ask me. Rooney flopped... Not only did I give you video of Flipper falling before contact was made, I also gave 2 pictures showing his leg going down. The vid also showed he had no play on the ball since HE, Flipper, kicked it out of bounds.

Just because someone knocks in a couple of headers in lately doesn't mean you should pump in his status up to 20 on Heading and Jumping... Quite hilarious you Manure fans are even considering it.

Quite simply you sir have no clue about football, I have played this game since the age of 4, now i dont know where you are from but you are clearly demonstrating a 'matter of fact' stance on the rules. where as rule (I have forgot the number and sub-section) states all decisions are up to the referee with common sense applied, which in that instance you was. Im a united fan but i love the way arsenal play football, but i do not look through rose tinted glasses rooney is touched in that instance anywhere else on the pitch itd be freekick if inside the box penalty there is no way he,d of missed rooney

First off I agree that Almunia should of stayed back and not rushed out. it would of been a tough angle for Rooney and not to mention Sagna was on his back. But...

You probably need to have your eyes checked or re-watch the vid. Rooney not only kicked the ball out to row Z. The rule states Almunia needs to impede his ability to get to a PLAYABE ball in which it clearly was not. Usain Bolt couldn't of gotten to it. The next part, Rooney flopped over Almunia. Rooney did not go down by contact but on his own intuition. Nothing Almunia did caused Rooney to go down. You notice his left leg dragging and then you see his right leg just fold over on top of Almunia. Shouldn't of been a PK at all.

And back to the point. A Goal against Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Money Citeh, Everton (Current Everton, not first half), Fulham, Birmingham (Just because the way they are playing defense) is way different then getting 18 goals against West Ham, Burnley, Portsmouth, Wolverhampton.... If you don't find that its a big difference then you need a reality check.

Example... I hit 8 home runs in baseball for my high school team my senior year. 3 of which don't really count because we 10 run ruled them each game and they where against 2 division opponents who only won 2 & 4 district games that year. Its like playing the little sisters of the poor and thrashing them and bragging about it. I'm sorry but you are supposed to beat them by 3 GOALS and expect your Striker to get at least 1.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

exactly my argument. His ability doesn't need to go up... Its ridiculous to think so. The bulk of his scoring is against minnows. Something he should be doing. He gets more possesion and chances these teams

I would agree he finishing does nt need to go up. However, his headers does. Look at his headers, i dunwanna mention lower league teams but im sure scoring 2 against AC MILAN and 1 goal with one hitting the woodwork against ASTON VILLA that proves his stats should get a boost. You just don't watch football don't ya?=.=". If you are a player perfecting ur headers all season and no one gets to notice ur effort how would u feel? AND BTW WE DO NOT MEAN PUMPING HIS HEADERS TILL 20. 15 to 16 would be fair enough, we are not biased coz the game is based on realism ******!

Last edited:
Rooney is a true god in my game, and I'm playing with 10.0.0 Every season he scores at least 50 goals in about 55 matches. His role is Number 10 and he scores loads of goals with that. Next to him stands Aguero, with role Complete forward. He scores also easily 50 goals a season. In my third season he scored 61 goals in 53 matches!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/01/eduardo-banned-uefa-diving-arsenal-celtic

Yes it is.

This sentence doesn't make any sense so I will interpret to the best of my ability. No contact was initiated by Almunia. Rooney fell down on his own intuition not by contact. This is besides the fact that the ball was kicked into the stands and was only a yard or two from being out of bounds when Rooney fell down.

The rule clearly states that the ball must be playable, or in simpler terms a shot taking chance. There was ZERO chance of a shot being played once he kicked the ball into the stands.

Notice in this picture Almunia's hands/arms are not even in front of Rooney before he starts to Dive.

Notice in this picture now that Almunia's hands/arms are in front but still no contact has been made, Rooneys LEFT knee, right in the picture, is only a few inches from touching the ground... Dragging his leg inducing contact. If Rooney doesn't slow up by dragging his feet no contact is made, no foul is called, and the ball goes out of bounds and we don't have the Diaby disaster.
That was the first time ever anyone had been given a three match ban for a dive and it was a ridiculous ban. Plus he never served a ban as the decision was reversed.:p
So, why exactly should he get a three match ban?

There was clear contact between almunia and rooney. And Almunia got none of the ball. Therefore it was a foul.
"
A penalty kick is awarded against a team that commits one of the ten offences
for which a direct free kick is awarded, inside its own penalty area and while
the ball is in play.

A goal may be scored directly from a penalty kick."-A direct qoute from fifa's document on the laws of the games.
The only mention of the position of the ball is where it says the ball must be in play, which refers to as you are are obviously confused whether the ball is in the field of play or not NOT whether it was a goalscoring a chance or he could catch up to the ball.

The only thing rooney is guilty of is playing for a penalty.:S Not the most admirable thing to do but it does not diminish his footballing ability.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------[/COLOR]

English dictionary is nice? Are you ******* kidding me.:S

The rules does not clearly state that as i have already shown you by qouting the rule. You are confusing the meaning of the ball in play. It has nothing to do with whether rooney could have scored and everything to do with the fact the ball was still in bounds therefore it was a penalty.

Almunia made contact with rooney. Almunia made no contact with the ball. The ball was in play. These are all facts, and it was a penalty. End of story.

No one said he should have anything raised up to 20. People just said he should have some stats upgraded considering he is having by far the best season of his life and has showed what he is capable of.

Manure? Really? Are you ******* five or something?

To summarise, you really don't have a clue.:S

P.s Just to prove my point here is what fifa has to say about when the ball is in play:
Ball Out of Play
The ball is out of play when:
• it has wholly crossed the goal line or touch line whether on the ground or
in the air
• play has been stopped by the referee
Ball In Play
The ball is in play at all other times, including when:

• it rebounds off a goalpost, crossbar or corner
flagpost and remains in the field of play

• it rebounds off either the referee or an assistant referee when they are on
the
field of play

See. The bit in bold is pretty crucial. The ball is in play at all times as long as it is on the field of play and the referee hasn't stopped play. So even though rooney couldn't reach the ball it was still in play.......So, shove your english dictionary up your ****.(K)

Last edited:
Its a game its not ment to be to much like real life

It's something about United and Arsenal fans that feel the need to moan about how their players are rated too poorly on the game, well let's be honest, they've done an awesome job with every other player in the game. So just accept the rating your players got :)
Im a united fan too but agree that the stats should remain as they started. His stature in the FM World is very good anyway and the big form has only started this term, so run with the game and earn the improvements by managing him well and nurture his talent.One United

royjones is just a bitter arsenal fan.

some of the worst ***** ive read on these forums.

This is a pretty stupid arguement. The only thing that I will say that just because Rooneys scored against alot of the smaller teams, it doesnt take anything away from the goals themselves. If you think it does, think about Romario and Pele. They both scored over 1000 goals in their careers, and alot of those goals were against far inferior opposition, but it doesnt take anything away from how good they were. |A goals a goal

Random pop in moment :p
First off, I want to start off by saying that I feel Rooney's stats are quite accurate. All right? Moving on.

As for the did he/didn't he? situation about Rooney diving, from an impartial view, it does look like he did dive. He did start to drag his knee to feign contact. However, the ref had seen it from a completely different point of view [same thing happened with Scott Brown/Kyle Lafferty, but moving on] and the ref seen fit to award a penalty. Harsh decision yes, but the correct one in the ref's eyes.

Random pop in moment :p
First off, I want to start off by saying that I feel Rooney's stats are quite accurate. All right? Moving on.

As for the did he/didn't he? situation about Rooney diving, from an impartial view, it does look like he did dive. He did start to drag his knee to feign contact. However, the ref had seen it from a completely different point of view [same thing happened with Scott Brown/Kyle Lafferty, but moving on] and the ref seen fit to award a penalty. Harsh decision yes, but the correct one in the ref's eyes.

Lol usually when the ref saw ther is contact involved in EPL, they will mostly award a PK, but in Champions league dey don't give it so easily.

Wayne Rooneys stats reflect him for last few seasons but since his recent rise in Goalscoring ability & heading, he is now underated but thats because since FM10 releae date, he has changed & become even better in this current season only. He will be amazing FM11 or an update is Steam do one before then....