We Can Make You Great: A Blackpool FC Story

likeabaws

Reaction score
I will be using LFC Marshall's latest update. Thank you and enjoy the story
View attachment 264519
Hello, readers. This is my new Blackpool story. I chose Blackpool because I wanted a challenge, different to my previous stories where I was usually set up for success.

1st Season aim(s):
- Get into the Play-offs
- Reach the 4th round of the League cup
- Reach FA Cup 5th round

2nd Season aim(s)
- Get promoted
- Reach League cup quarter final
- Reach FA cup quarter final

3rd Season aim(s)
- Stay up

4th season aims:
- Achieve a mid-table finish
- Win a domestic cup

5th season aim(s)
- Qualify for Europa league
- Win a domestic cup (I realise that winning a domestic cup would achieve the above aim lol)

That is the plan guys. Anyways, here are my pre-season results and transfers up to August

PRE SEASON
Blackpool 2-0 Chelsea Reserves
Blackpool 5-3 Werder Bremen
Carlisle 1-4 Blackpool
Brentford 0-2 Blackpool
Leyton Orient 1-8 Blackpool

A good pre-season, scoring over 20 goals in just 5 games. Moving swiftly on to the transfers:

Transfers in:
M'baye Niang from Stade Malberne for £4m
Danny Wilson, loan from Liverpool
Nathaniel Clyne, free transfer

Transfers out (not including youth getting FTE)
None

I am looking to bring in another striker and centre midfielder on loan as I have just £3m left to spend. Please leave a comment or a like, or suggestions for signings. August to come very soon.

*Note: Apologies to all those following my Spurs story. I felt the time was right to move on and thanks for your support

Some nice transfers there, Anicebe on loan for Striker, get someone like Kara, Rosisky! for CM

Wow Niang is one **** of a capture!!!

Good luck

August

Results
Blackpool 2-0 Cardiff
Phillips, Taylor-Fletcher

Blackpool 4-0 York (League cup)
Grandin, Taylor-Fletcher, Bednar, Ince

Middlesborough 1-2 Blackpool
Phillips, Joao Silva

Blackpool 2-1 Nottingham Forest
Wilson, Sylvestre

Crystal Palace 0-1 Blackpool
Cathcart

Blackpool 4-1 MK Dons (League cup)
Phillips (3), Grandin

Blackpool 1-1 Millwall
Niang

League position: 1st
Top scorer: Matt Phillips

Transfers IN (Final)
Joao Silva, loan from Everton (ST)
Andrea Orlandi, 925k from Swansea (AMC)

A very good month, top of the league and playing very well. I'm getting worried, however, because Stoke have been putting in loads of offers for Matt Phillips, our top scorer and it's unsettling him, so I've issued a hands off warning. I didn't sell anyone because I want the squad to be as strong as possible. Orlandi has made an instant impact, getting three assists in his first three games, and Silva scored the winner against Boro on his debut. Good month, good signings, good results :).

Wow Niang is one **** of a capture!!!

Good luck
I know! Fierro wasn't interested, so I bidded and Niang liked the idea of being a back up for us! We need some more youth though as our current youth squad is woth about 5 quid put together -_- I really think we can push for promotion, even the title!

Referring to your Pre Season that Wender Bremen win is really impressive !
I know, I was surprised! Specially since two of their goals were dubious penalties, anyway thanks for the feedback mate keep following, got manager of the month

Could you suggest a team for my FM save ?
Yeah mate, I'd love to see a story with any of the recently promoted teams in the prem (u can get the update from "Transfer updates" on the transfers bar at the top of the page, LFC marchall;s is good) or stoke, sunderland, everton mate

September

Results
Bolton 3-1 Blackpool
Phillips

Blackpool 6-3 Barnsley
Niang (4), Basham, Orlandi

Capital One Cup 3rd Round
Blackpool 2-3 Man City
John-Baptiste, Ince

Derby 2-1 Blackpool
Silva

Birmingham 3-0 Blackpool

League position: 8th

A truly poor, poor month. We didn't deserve to lose against City though, they scored a winner in the dying moments to throw us out of the cup. However, there are no excuses for the three league defeats, we were humiliated by Birmingham. After his amazing display of goalscoring against Barnsley, I thought Niang would hit a good run of form. It was not to ve. His rating did not get above 5.9 in the proceeding games (all of which he started). I am dropping him for Joao Silva in October. Thanks for reading, October up by the end of the day.

October

Results

Blackpool 2-1 Huddersfield
Phillips, Taylor-Fletcher

Bristol City 0-2 Blackpool
Phillips, Silva

Blackpool 1-0 Burnley
Silva

Watford 0-3 Blackpool
Cathcart, Silva (2)

Blackpool 2-0 Hull
Phillips, Silva

League position: 1st
Top scorer: Joao Silva

It has been a fantastic month, 15 points from 15! I'm especially pleased with Joao Silva's form, what a decision to drop Niang for him! He now has 7 league goals (I think), level with Phillips (again, I think) but he is top scorer by virtue of playing less games. I got manager of the month for the 2nd time in 3 months, which i always good. I can see no way of us not getting into the play-offs this season. Thanks for reading, hopefully November up by tonight.

looks a good story any chance in posting up a screenshot of the league att he end of the motnh

November

Wolves 1-1 Blackpool
Phillips

Charlton 2-4 Blackpool
Evatt (2), Ince, Eardley

Blackpool 1-1 Ipswich
Phillips

Blackpool 1-1 Blackburn
Niang

Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Blackpool
Taylor-Fletcher

League position: 2nd

This has been one of the most frustrating months I've ever played on FM. All three one all draws were games that we dominated. We didn't take our numerous chances, and we conceded early in every game. To be fair though, the win at Charlton was very impressive. Good news and bad news, bad news is that Grandin is out for 4 months with a torn calf. Good news is that we've signed Joao Silva on a permanent deal, however his form has been terrible after we made it permanent, so I told him that he needed to buck up his ideas or face getting dropped.

League table
View attachment 264717

Great stuff mate KIU

Looking good for promotion