Fulham v West Ham United

Portsmouth v Birmingham City

Sunderland v West Bromwich Albion

Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur (5.15pm) Kick-off changed for live television

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2005

Liverpool v Manchester United (12pm) Match moved for live television

Blackburn Rovers v Newcastle United (2pm) Match moved for live television

Wigan Athletic v Middlesbrough Match moved by mutual agreement between clubs

Manchester City v Bolton Wanderers (4pm) Match moved by mutual agreement between clubs

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2005

Arsenal v Everton (8pm) Match moved for live television

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2005

Charlton Athletic 1 v 3 Chelsea

Fulham 1 v 3 West Ham United

Portsmouth 1 v 1 Birmingham City

Sunderland 1 v 2 West Bromwich Albion

Aston Villa 2 v 3Tottenham Hotspur (5.15pm) Kick-off changed for live television

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2005

Liverpool 0 v 1 Manchester United (12pm) Match moved for live television

Blackburn Rovers 0 v 0 Newcastle United (2pm) Match moved for live television

Wigan Athletic 1 v 0 Middlesbrough Match moved by mutual agreement between clubs

Manchester City 2 v 2 Bolton Wanderers (4pm) Match moved by mutual agreement between clubs

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2005

Arsenal 3 v 0 Everton (8pm) Match moved for live television

Silly Redders to think of Charlton scoring against Chelsea. Tisk Tisk. Nice win for Chelsea puts us six points clear at this present time. Nice to see Crespo scoring and Robben gaining back some form.

Lloyd said:
I think we will beat Liverpool 2-0.
That would be nice if it happened, but it will be tough as those matches are usually low scoring. :(

We have scored two against Liverpool in most of our games against them in the last few years ;)

Wasn't it last year when we only won with that lucky Rooney goal though. Check and mate. :p

Match was weird, wasnt exactly end-to-end, but it wasnt exactly boring, even though it was a 0-0. Its a good result for Chelsea though. :D

Sometimes I hate Rafa, why in the second half did he take off Pongolle and bring on Momo instead of taking off Luis Garcia and bringing Cisse on. Pongolle played reasonably well all game whereas Garcia just kept giving the ball away in the second half.

Was a boring game. I don't like Man Utd vrs Liverpool game's, both teams seemed reluctant to attack.

I thought it was a pretty boring game, We just couldn't seem to get it anywhere near the strikers. Liverpool looked like scoring before we did.

Lee said:
Garcia just kept giving the ball away in the second half.

Yeah and not only in some cases, very regularly and when you were on the counter attack.Garcia seems to be too inconsistent. I can't understand why Rafa is reluctant to use Cisse as a second striker to Crouch. Crouch has the height to knock down long balls into Cisses' path, and Cisse has the ability to finish them.

The game was pretty even, Liverpool enjoyed more territorial advantage but Man Utd had more of the possesion. Liverpool's pass rate was abysmal compared to Man Utd who managed 80.4% passing succes whereas Liverpool's was a mere 69.6%. Both teams put in 43 tackles each and both had succes rate of 69.8%. Liverpool had more attempts on goal, 13 (including blocked shots) whereas Man Utd only managed 5 (including blocked shots).

Sky Sports player rating sums up his performance, Fluffy.

Look at Mr. Stats over there! ;)

Didnt think it was that close of a game to be honest but can't argue with the stats.

Moving to the Newcastle match, Shearer finally scored and Owen bagged his first goal for them in a 3-0 victory over Graeme Souness' old club, Blackburn. N'zogbia got the third goal, he seems to be showing the talent he showed in the French league.

All the goal were quite good. I think Shearers may have took a deflection, Owen made a great run to get to his and it was a good header.

But N'Zogbia's goal was very good. Completely ripped the keeper.

That was just a total **** take that N'Zogbia goal. Looks like Newcastle will pick up now and start climbing the table.

Lloyd said:
That was just a total **** take that N'Zogbia goal. Looks like Newcastle will pick up now and start climbing the table.

Thats the plan anyway. :D

And maybe once we start getting Emre, Luque and co back from injury we can start challenging for Champions league places. :cool:

-JB- said:
Thats the plan anyway. :D

And maybe once we start getting Emre, Luque and co back from injury we can start challenging for Champions league places. :cool:
Yeh maybe, but I doubt it. Even Middlesbrough have a better chance of challenging for a Champions League place.

Lee said:
Yeh maybe, but I doubt it. Even Middlesbrough have a better chance of challenging for a Champions League place.

Ah you never know with these things. Everton I think were struggling last season up until Christmas then surged up the league. Newcastle on their day have a great team who and on paper I'd say we were in the top 5.

-JB- said:
Ah you never know with these things. Everton I think were struggling last season up until Christmas then surged up the league.

was the other way around. they had a great first half,and after uncle festa left they just held on to fourth!

Last edited by a moderator: