Weirdest wonder-kid nationality.

aussie

Reaction score
Hey guys, there was a topic of this on last years FM but i havn't been able to find it nor one for this year.

Its just something i love looking at, seeing really odd countries come through with a wonderkid regen....

So let everyone know of yours so far........

I've just seen a kid from Bunkina Faso come through who looks the goods.....

Had an Estonian Messi I remember on FM12, was the best save I've ever had :p

In my last save the best player in the world was a Brazilian guy who was essentially the reincarnation of Pele. I managed him for a season at Barcelona, and he was pretty awesome. But the one player I really wanted to manage and never did was the second best, Boubacar Camara, the Gabonese Messi (if you can compare Messi with a hulking 6'2" African). Not just because all his technique stats were off the charts, but because every time I encountered his side, Real Madrid, he'd been shunted out to left wing in a 4-4-2 and did nothing. I really wanted to know what he'd have been like to watch week in week out at his proper position of AMC. But not to be. Oh well.

I've seen quite a few African wonderkids. A lot of them are based in France though and go onto playing for them rather than their country of birth. Quite realistic actually. Burkina Faso for whatever reason I've found is quite a hotbed for young talent. Stumbled upon them though chance rather than my epic scouting skills... :)

A striker from Iran won world player of the year and played for Barcelona ... He is 27 and has scored 230goals in 198 games

I found an Ethiopian xavi, Barcelona beat me too him though and signed him for 52mil!!!

I've had a couple of belters from the middle east...one from Kazakhstan and also one from Iran over the years. Both were top 5 in the world and did wonders for their countries national team!

In the FM12 show off your regen thread, I remember someone posting a 15-year-old white Liberian who was already a world-class player.

I haven't had any near that cool. A really good center back from Cyprus is the best I got.

On FM12 I had a Afghan goalkeeper. That is by far the stangest I've ever come across.
He was highly rated but only played 1 and 1/2 seasons after i saw him so he never really developed.

On my old Liverpool save (That corrupted for reasons beyond my comprehensions) I had a few "weird" wonderkids. I had a striker from Hong Kong that was brilliant, and a midfielder from Australia.

On my current Liverpool save I've got a brilliant left winger/striker from India.