Wenger - I am not scared to spend money

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 3K
Pretty much everything that has just been said above this post on this page

Except the thing about Loris, i think he would come, i'm sure he would, but we won't spend £30m, we'll spend £20 at the most on any one player, and for a keeper, even that is pretty expensive, i'd love to get Given in jan for £10-15m (Because he's listed and unhappy).

Agree with the top post by Paul about why Wenger isn't spending etc. and

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/markets/article.html?in_article_id=515477&in_page_id=3&position=moretopstories

Did you bid for Reina in the end? I heard that you bid like 23m for him, didnt think it was true though.

Did you bid for Reina in the end? I heard that you bid like 23m for him, didnt think it was true though.

Think that's paper talk CJ, apparently though, we did bid for Schwarzer, but on the final day, the full asking price, they couldn't find a replacement in time, and rejected it.

When was the last time we won something? And Benitez doesn't get slated for it as much as Wenger (and Arsenal) does. We have £18m on Glen Johnson when Arsene Wenger got Arshavin for the same amount. We got Ryan Babel for £11m and Wenger brought Robin van Persie with the same amount of money. We got Skrtel for around £7m, Wenger got Kolo Toure for only £250k. So we have wasted more money on players who aren't even as good as the Arsenal ones. And his youth is just exceptional! I mean, seriously, who in the Liverpool youth has as much potential as Wilshere, Song and Ramsey, bar Pacheco and Kelly? He's been unfairly slated, and I have much respect for his 'stubborness' to keep bringing in youth, instead of signing Fernando Torres or David Villa.

Exactly, that's where the owners (and Arsene) are a bit more clever than Ferguson. He has spent quite a lot, more than Arsenal anyway, every season, despite have enormous debt. Why is Wenger criticised and Ferguson praised yet Wenger has made better signings and has a more 'home grown' team'?
1) because it wasnt uniteds spending that plunged them into debt

2) because the media are largely idiots. if wenger was british he would be a demi-god in their eyes

Yeah, think he took it over from, of all people, Sylvain Wiltord. XD

This is true, at £13m Sylvain Wiltord was previously Arsenal's record signing :$. Still though, he won an FA cup Semi-final back when SAF was still an irate scot kicking boots in his best players' eyes...

1) because it wasnt uniteds spending that plunged them into debt

2) because the media are largely idiots. if wenger was british he would be a demi-god in their eyes
1) I never said it was, I just think if Fergie just stopped spending on players and turned to youth like Richie De Laet, James Chester, Corry Evans, etc. then the debt would be gone sooner. I'm not saying it's his fault, but he could of got rid of more of the debt by spending less.

2) Agreed. They think Southgate is a good manager, and Moyes is a god, not saying Moyes isn't good, Wenger is just a lot better to be honest!

If they won't sign Lloris, why not sign some English talent like Scott Loach, Scott Carson, etc. or a decent French goalkeeper like Remy Riou, Steve Mandanda, etc.

1) I never said it was, I just think if Fergie just stopped spending on players and turned to youth like Richie De Laet, James Chester, Corry Evans, etc. then the debt would be gone sooner. I'm not saying it's his fault, but he could of got rid of more of the debt by spending less.

2) Agreed. They think Southgate is a good manager, and Moyes is a god, not saying Moyes isn't good, Wenger is just a lot better to be honest!

If they won't sign Lloris, why not sign some English talent like Scott Loach, Scott Carson, etc. or a decent French goalkeeper like Remy Riou, Steve Mandanda, etc.
fergie has done a lot on youth, and i dont think you understand how the debt has come, it has been leveraged on the club by the owners like it as you. all thouse players arent even ready mate. i dont think you understand the situation fully

Back