Wenger sets retirement date

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 4K

GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
"Arsene Wenger plans to call time on his career as Arsenal manager at the end of his current contract."

"The respected Frenchman recently put pen to paper on a new deal which will see him stay at the helm of the Gunners until 2014."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6393444,00.html

It'll be sad to see him go. A legend of the modern game, luckily we've still got 4 more years of his superb football yet.

One of the greatest ever, he will be missed.

As a neutral, I really hope he wins the Champions League before he retires, if any manager deserves it, Arsene does. There aren't enough managers around who try to play the beautiful game.

:'( only four more years.

Arsene Wenger: Best ever Arsenal manager.

He doesnt really say that he is going to retire, he says he will be there untill the end of his contract and that at his age he has to consider his future and health but it doesnt say he will leave at the end of the contract.

SAF to retire in 2015?
no, he'll retire when he has 19 titles and equalled paisleys record of 3 european cups

awesome manager, only 4 years left, though im sure he'll leave arsenal in fantastic shape

Can't see it happening. Hope it doesn't.

He doesnt really say that he is going to retire, he says he will be there untill the end of his contract and that at his age he has to consider his future and health but it doesnt say he will leave at the end of the contract.

Probaly end up being either French Coach or a Director/ Technical Director of some club, Maybe Madrid.

Probaly end up being either French Coach or a Director/ Technical Director of some club, Maybe Madrid.

To be honest I think he will stay at Arenal past the end of his current contract, even if it is in a role like you said, as a technical director or something. I just think that the article twists what he said.

To be honest I think he will stay at Arenal past the end of his current contract, even if it is in a role like you said, as a technical director or something. I just think that the article twists what he said.

I am not to sure, imagine how hard it will make it for who ever succeeds him, It be like Wengers always there, watching, waiting and lurker.

if Arsenal don't win anything and then he retires and the new manager comes in and wins somthing will arsenal fans have a different opinion.

I am not to sure, imagine how hard it will make it for who ever succeeds him, It be like Wengers always there, watching, waiting and lurker.

Yea, I know what you mean. It would be hard.

Either way, no where does he say he has "set his retirement date". As the article claims.

Obviously Wenger is Arsenals most successfull manager and like its put they play good football but to Wengers plus's their are so many faults also.

Wenger along with SAF are the reason why the league is one of the best. Arsenal- United rivalry is the best in the modern era (League). Down the line we will be telling our children/Grand children about how the rivalry was, how Wenger SAF hated the sight of each other, but in few years had mutual respect.

What Wenger had brought to the league is priceless. Yes he moans about some or the other thing, but tell me one manager who doesn't. He is not just a manager for Arsenal, he is the soul of the club. They are in so healthy in Financial thanks to Wenger.

In few years when the great managers retire, no one remember the ********, but surely will "The Philosophy" of the Managers. Wenger has got his philosophy and no matter what he is sticking to it. *Bows down*

I hated him to the core during the Arsenal ManUtd rivalry but always respected. I agree with someone who said He deserves Champions league. Yes, If any manager deserves it, surely its Wenger.

Easily one of the best managers in the League also in the world.

Obviously Wenger is Arsenals most successfull manager and like its put they play good football but to Wengers plus's their are so many faults also.

No one is denying that, but i am sure arsenal fans opinions wont change of him, whether they win a trophy with or without him.

Last edited:
No one is denying that, but i am sure arsenal fans opinions wont change of him, whether they win a trophy with or without him.
he has his flaws, all managers do, but regards of what he does in the future, he will have left arsenal in great shape.

he has his flaws, all managers do, but regards of what he does in the future, he will have left arsenal in great shape.

True that only if they don't sell their assets. They have some amazing youngsters and have great future.

Wilshire and Ramsey :'(

Back