Wenger sets retirement date

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 4K
And here is the Video of Wenger and SAF. Very good one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXAljmnaH7c"]YouTube - Sir Alex Ferguson & Arsene Wenger[/ame]

I think it will be very hard to find a Manager that will able to maintain Wenger's top four consistency on the budgets that Wenger has. The youth system he has created is absolutely phenomenal and stretches all across the world. Wenger's team have always played football on the ground and have come to Craven Cottage many times and impressed me, some of Henry's performances against us were unbelievable. Another good trait about Wenger is that he understand Arsenal's business model, he's become an expert and buying players for little and selling on for more and I imagine has made Arsenal millions of pounds in the last decade. Certainly one of the greatest Managers of the past decade despite his lack of title's and Cups the past five years, he has still got Arsenal to compete with the big boys, I can't remember the last time Arsenal didn't make the knockouts of the champions league.

like i said their is no dout he is a excellent manager but i just think with the side Arsenal have had they should be and should have won more trophies. I mean even if it was a League Cup its still silverwere, it just seems to me that he has made some mistakes which are all there for everyone to see.

What he has done for arsenal far out weights the lack of trophies, His policy with transfers basically meant they could afford the emirates, He has played beutifle football.

yer of corse he is a legend but its just the problems were always so highlighted like even now days Arsenal need a keeper and possibly a hard gritty DM but he refuses.

So, Utd need a creative midfielders, another striker and possibly a center back, obv to see. Doesnt mean i think any less of SAF. Chelsea need another striker, another winger, i still rate carlo.

Get over it.

He is the man who revolutionised English football. Before his influence players were still drinking nights before the games, eating unhealthily ect.

Will be a shame to see him go. Hopefully he wins something this year. Heck, he can have the ECL as long as Liverpool aren't in it.

It's actually quite disheartening - coming from a Manchester United fan.

Arsene Wenger is one of the greatest managers, if not the greatest manager to step onto the turf of North London's biggest club (sorry Spurs fans) Arsenal. Has done so much for the club and, when he hangs up his coat in 2014, I am sure that the whole of the Emirates will sorely miss him.

Gutted! The man is an absolute legend and one of my heroes. What sad news. I suppose all good things must come to an end.

when fabienski keeps a clean sheet, Arsene will stick 2 fingers up at everyone and ride of on his motorbike.

Arsene is a legend, how he turned the club around, changed the style, diet, training. Why make life easy and sign a good goalkeeper

Well, this is something that have to happen. But it would be so sad and difficult. Four years? Hope him to get any other title, he deserves it. Agree with those who said so regarding Champions League, ie.

It will be shoking to see Arsenal without him on the bench. As it will be the same about ManU when Ferguson decide to retire as well.

And here is the Video of Wenger and SAF. Very good one.

YouTube - Sir Alex Ferguson & Arsene Wenger
Great, great video!

I REALLY hope i can get a ticket to his last ever game. :'(

Brililant manager will be sorely missed (in four years time)

Greatest manager to manage in England, period. Arsene came from nowhere, has the best scouting knowledge, great tactical mind, and knows when to sell a player. No-One had heard of most of the current Arsenal squad before they joined. Not a stuck up tart like Fergie either.

to the guy slating Wenger for not winning any trophies, when we were still playing at highbury Wenger could of either spend a lot of money to win countless trophies, or he could save it up and get a shiny new stadium.

i would much rather have the emirates then a couple of trophies any day of the week

Although many will say he'll be remembered for the years he didn't win anything you try telling that to an Arsenal fan. He'll go down in history regardless of whether he wins 3 titles and a european cup or if he wins nothing. He tried to play football the right way and sometimes it doesn't always work out for you. His passion for Arsenal and the commitment he has with players is amazing. I also think when he does finally retire he'll stop his managing career and become something like chairman or director of football at arsenal. It will be a sad day for any arsenal fan. Don't think ive ever been to a match were the fans haven't sang ' Theres only one Arsene Wenger.'

All I can see is good luck to the manager that follows, your gonner need it. Arsene is a tough act to follow.

Last edited:
to the guy slating Wenger for not winning any trophies, when we were still playing at highbury Wenger could of either spend a lot of money to win countless trophies, or he could save it up and get a shiny new stadium.

i would much rather have the emirates then a couple of trophies any day of the week

LOL, I doubt no-one else would..

Highbury was a good stadium, and you've won no trophies in The Emirates. :S

yeah but in the long term they are in fantastic shape financially and with great young players. and theres no guarantees they would have won trophies

Don't know why were all worrying actually, the worlds gonner end in 2012 anyway.

but look what the new stadium gives us, millions from the flat project, one of the best stadiums in the country, extra income for the future. we will be feeling the rewards from this stadium for years and years if that means not winning a trophy for 5 years i would happily do it again.

p.s we have won the emirates cup plenty of times there

Back