Wenger sets retirement date

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 4K
If he ends up winning something in these last few years, we will remember him as one of the greatest managers ever. But if he doesnt, i sadly think we will all remember him for the last few years without trophies ...

I respect the man as he is someone who does not go against the spirit of ootball by implementing anti-football tactics despite him never winning anything

like i said their is no dout he is a excellent manager but i just think with the side Arsenal have had they should be and should have won more trophies. I mean even if it was a League Cup its still silverwere, it just seems to me that he has made some mistakes which are all there for everyone to see.

If he ends up winning something in these last few years, we will remember him as one of the greatest managers ever. But if he doesnt, i sadly think we will all remember him for the last few years without trophies ...

Brian Clough is remembered for his Europen glory Isn't it? Not for "Not Winning third one or many leagues" after that.

Even if Wenger retires today, he would still be "One of the Best" and "The Best" for Arsenal.

quality boss, his character and everything about him, will be missed a true legend of the game.

Brian Clough is remembered for his Europen glory Isn't it? Not for "Not Winning third one or many leagues" after that.

Even if Wenger retires today, he would still be "One of the Best" and "The Best" for Arsenal.

He did win some cups, in his last years but i see your point. I just hope that people will remember Wenger his many wonderful years as manager

He's won ****** everywhere-France Japan and England. And don't say France or Japan doesn't count. Even if he isn't winning, his teams are a perennial title threat. Arsenal has been in a somehwhat barren period but his teams are always right there on the cusp. From a development standpoint look at all the players that were nobodies before he had a hand in their careers. I don't know what else he has to do to not be considered one of the best ever.

like i said their is no dout he is a excellent manager but i just think with the side Arsenal have had they should be and should have won more trophies. I mean even if it was a League Cup its still silverwere, it just seems to me that he has made some mistakes which are all there for everyone to see.
sorry. but he will go down as a legend regardless. united could and should have won more in europe, SAF is still regarded as a legend. chelsea should have won in europe under Jose, he is regarded as chelsea legend.

Wenger will always be remembered for

henry_juventus.jpg

To

henry_280x390_468458a.jpg

Disappointed to see such a legend go, but it was going to happen sometime.

sorry. but he will go down as a legend regardless. united could and should have won more in europe, SAF is still regarded as a legend. chelsea should have won in europe under Jose, he is regarded as chelsea legend.

yer of corse he is a legend but its just the problems were always so highlighted like even now days Arsenal need a keeper and possibly a hard gritty DM but he refuses.

yer of corse he is a legend but its just the problems were always so highlighted like even now days Arsenal need a keeper and possibly a hard gritty DM but he refuses.
but they are irrelevant. look at the mistakes fergie made in the transfer market. think you keep looking for the negative aspects, instead of looking at the overall picture

Arsene Wenger is one of the greatest managers the Prem has seen. I'm going for his opinion over yours, thanks.

but they are irrelevant. look at the mistakes fergie made in the transfer market. think you keep looking for the negative aspects, instead of looking at the overall picture

Yes. Every Manager makes mistakes, and i dont think banking on youngster is a mistake. Yes it costs you few points and trophies, but the growth of player is priceless along with you are laying strong foundation to the futuer.

Had Wenger gone for a CM when Viera moved, Fabregas would never had got a chance.

And one more example is Alex Song, When Flamini moved every one wanted them to buy DM and many said Song was ****. Look where is he now. List goes on.

Yes. Every Manager makes mistakes, and i dont think banking on youngster is a mistake. Yes it costs you few points and trophies, but the growth of player is priceless along with you are laying strong foundation to the futuer.

Had Wenger gone for a CM when Viera moved, Fabregas would never had got a chance.

And one more example is Alex Song, When Flamini moved every one wanted them to buy DM and many said Song was ****. Look where is he now. List goes on.

Very good point. One day he will sell Fabregas, whether it is sooner or later, and will have a ready-made replacement in Ramsey. Song, equally, has Frimpong to replace him. It is a progressive idea, and one that has left Arsenal in a superb financial state and with a great future ahead of them. Here's hoping Arsenal win the league and champions league before he goes.

Tragic news :'(

Not looking forward to when his replacement is named, he won't be able to do as good a job as Wenger whoever it is.

Very good point. One day he will sell Fabregas, whether it is sooner or later, and will have a ready-made replacement in Ramsey. Song, equally, has Frimpong to replace him. It is a progressive idea, and one that has left Arsenal in a superb financial state and with a great future ahead of them. Here's hoping Arsenal win the league and champions league before he goes.

Ramsey WIlshire just make me jealous. They are learning their trade with One of the best in grooming youth.

Personally I cant stand the bloke being a supporter of their rivals but you cant take his record away from him and he has turned Arsenal around into one of the top clubs in the world. At the end of the day I am jealous with what he has done. Would like to see them start to drop when he leaves.

Back