Wenger - The January window is not fair

As long as it affects everyone equally its moot point

But it doesn't... small(er) clubs who have been doing well may lose their in-form players (Andy Carroll, Charlie Adam)

Big(ger) clubs just dominate the market and inflate prices by paying ridiculous amounts of money from their petrol-billion funders.

I think one of the major points here has been missed, in the fact that the window gives managers a chance to replace long term injured players. Yes in does mean that prices get inflated generally because managers/directors seem to think that leaving things to the last minute of the last day will make more of an impact, the window lasts for a month !!

But it doesn't... small(er) clubs who have been doing well may lose their in-form players (Andy Carroll, Charlie Adam)

Big(ger) clubs just dominate the market and inflate prices by paying ridiculous amounts of money from their petrol-billion funders.
Aha but here's the thing neither club had to sell - Adam didn't go anywhere. Carroll was on a long term deal at Newcastle - they chose to sell. You can only lose your players if you're willing to sell. No-one says you have to sell or be involved if you don't want to.

He doesn't do himself any favours but I think anything he says these days is slammed. Should he stop being less co operative in press conferences? What if all managers just said 'no comment' to every question. Some of his points are relevant some not so much..but personally I'd rather know a managers point of view then just as much personality as a plank of wood.

What manager will openly slam his team to the media? Very few.

He has been perfectly willing in the past to accept things his players have done are wrong, but if he focuses on a lot of stuff that quite frankly, isn't true, then it would damage team morale etc.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

I hope not..XD

i am not asking him to slam his own team, i am asking the man to stop ignoring things his team does and only look at what other teams do

Jesus

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

How did you manage to work out the percentage of **** he speaks?

if u have nothing constructive to say, why post?

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

I apologise for my overeaction to Wengers interview, the man had a fair points and I was overcritical about it

Guarentee if Ian Holloway had said something worse, the reaction would be a lot different.

It would not hurt him to spend money in january cause if arsenal don't in anyhig this season then he has to look back at not buying no one in january

Answer me this, how can a man that see's nothing "that he doesn't want to" have such a big and loud opinion and expect others to consider it valid?

obvious troll is obvious

obvious troll is obvious

Not in the slightest, how can you expect people to listen to someone like Wenger with the way he is?

I totally admire the man for the way he has managed Arsenal who can actually deny him that!

Im just very bored of his very one eyed opinion.

bet he didnt mind the window two years ago when he signed Arshavin in it

On and on I hear about ''oh, he didn't see it''. So, do you want him to lie and say he saw it if he didn't. Other managers always say things like it, and yet people still have the disrespect of one of the greatest managers ever to mock him.

If you listen to what he is saying before using your stereotypical, predjudice bullshit, maybe you will see that what he is saying makes perfect sense, and people need to wise up!

On and on I hear about ''oh, he didn't see it''. So, do you want him to lie and say he saw it if he didn't. Other managers always say things like it, and yet people still have the disrespect of one of the greatest managers ever to mock him.

If you listen to what he is saying before using your stereotypical, predjudice bullshit, maybe you will see that what he is saying makes perfect sense, and people need to wise up!

I totally agree but I am just waiting for the old 'Your biased' comment.

Every football fan is biased, some more then others but theres not one person who supports a team who is completely uninfluenced. Some people may comment from a non bias view but they'll always favour there team. So to stick up for some one realted to your club is not biased.

Just thought I'd say that before any one does say 'your biased' as some arsenal fans have already been called it on this thread.

Didn't wenger admit when he says "i didn't see it" he's normally lying to protect his players?

Last edited:
Is it me or is this guy always moaning. The transfer window in January can be a life saver for clubs like west ham who were needing players to get out of the relegation and give the team some motivation. I do agree with some points though, he is a quality manager but he just doesn't seem to be doing anything at the moment apart from Carling cup and whenever he talks to the press it is hardly ever from praise but most of the time to moan about something.

Is it me or is this guy always moaning. The transfer window in January can be a life saver for clubs like west ham who were needing players to get out of the relegation and give the team some motivation. I do agree with some points though, he is a quality manager but he just doesn't seem to be doing anything at the moment apart from Carling cup and whenever he talks to the press it is hardly ever from praise but most of the time to moan about something.

You're an idiot.

Firstly - "not doing anything apart from the Carling Cup" : I hardly think that's the highlight of our season, in which we're still very much in the race for four trophies - One final, 5 points off PL leaders, 180 minutes from a CL quarter final, and 90 minutes in Orient from an FA Cup quarter final... More than I can say for Spuds, who are chasing one, unlikely trophy in Europe.

Secondly, he's full of praise for his own team - Of course he is, and he praises other teams, he spent about 5 minutes in his press conference talking about how well N'Castle played at the Emirates and he says after every game we win how well his team has played - Just because the media only report stuff they think will cause a stir/be interesting, it doesn't mean that's all Wenger says.

OK - He's had a little moan (WHEN QUESTIONED) that for several reasons, the Jan window isn't a good idea. 'Arry moans all the time, even about not getting Charlie Adam for half the price Blackpool wanted with 5 minutes to go until the deadline.

Know your facts.

I don't get all the hate for Wenger...yeah he whines sometimes but I would too if I were in his position. They have a lot of constraints. They run on an extremely tight budget, they're the only team in the Prem that plays for more than results, and they always have a ridiculous amount of injuries, especially from international friendlies. So the results are never quite there. He is very supportive of his players and doesn't like to criticize them, and as someone else mentioned, if he called out his team for form it would damage their morale. I think they've done as well as they could have considering the injuries, so he blames other things. At least he shares his opinion, and most of his interviews are more interesting than your typical boring Prem manager interviews. Who would you prefer, an opinionated manager who actually balances the budget, unlike just about any other Premiership team, or a boring manager who spends like crazy to pick up a few extra points each season? He's great for the league and one of the all time great managers.

As for him not being successful, come on guys, seriously? What other teams have been as consistently successful as Arsenal over the past decade? ManU and Chelsea are the only ones, and they have spent a ridiculous amount of money. Liverpool spent their money poorly and are in dire straights unless the new management can continue to shell out an absurd amount of money and rebuild the squad. Chelsea is already in trouble because their core is getting so old. They have some unproven youngsters (much more unproven than Arsenal's) who don't really have a system to learn, and some old geezers that the team relies on and will have to be put to pasture soon. ManU should be fine, but they're the world's biggest team and have had a lot to spend over the years. Temporarily they've had to cut back, but I'm sure they won't in a few years. They have a lot of young players so they should be fine. As for the other clubs? City just got here, by spending a ridiculous amount of money, and they're not as good as Arsenal yet. Tottenham? They had their first good season last year.

I don't get why he's the most hated manager in England. I think it's because he's French and a purist, so a lot of people perceive him as snooty.

You're an idiot.

Firstly - "not doing anything apart from the Carling Cup" : I hardly think that's the highlight of our season, in which we're still very much in the race for four trophies - One final, 5 points off PL leaders, 180 minutes from a CL quarter final, and 90 minutes in Orient from an FA Cup quarter final... More than I can say for Spuds, who are chasing one, unlikely trophy in Europe.

Secondly, he's full of praise for his own team - Of course he is, and he praises other teams, he spent about 5 minutes in his press conference talking about how well N'Castle played at the Emirates and he says after every game we win how well his team has played - Just because the media only report stuff they think will cause a stir/be interesting, it doesn't mean that's all Wenger says.

OK - He's had a little moan (WHEN QUESTIONED) that for several reasons, the Jan window isn't a good idea. 'Arry moans all the time, even about not getting Charlie Adam for half the price Blackpool wanted with 5 minutes to go until the deadline.

Know your facts.

I don't get all the hate for Wenger...yeah he whines sometimes but I would too if I were in his position. They have a lot of constraints. They run on an extremely tight budget, they're the only team in the Prem that plays for more than results, and they always have a ridiculous amount of injuries, especially from international friendlies. So the results are never quite there. He is very supportive of his players and doesn't like to criticize them, and as someone else mentioned, if he called out his team for form it would damage their morale. I think they've done as well as they could have considering the injuries, so he blames other things. At least he shares his opinion, and most of his interviews are more interesting than your typical boring Prem manager interviews. Who would you prefer, an opinionated manager who actually balances the budget, unlike just about any other Premiership team, or a boring manager who spends like crazy to pick up a few extra points each season? He's great for the league and one of the all time great managers.

As for him not being successful, come on guys, seriously? What other teams have been as consistently successful as Arsenal over the past decade? ManU and Chelsea are the only ones, and they have spent a ridiculous amount of money. Liverpool spent their money poorly and are in dire straights unless the new management can continue to shell out an absurd amount of money and rebuild the squad. Chelsea is already in trouble because their core is getting so old. They have some unproven youngsters (much more unproven than Arsenal's) who don't really have a system to learn, and some old geezers that the team relies on and will have to be put to pasture soon. ManU should be fine, but they're the world's biggest team and have had a lot to spend over the years. Temporarily they've had to cut back, but I'm sure they won't in a few years. They have a lot of young players so they should be fine. As for the other clubs? City just got here, by spending a ridiculous amount of money, and they're not as good as Arsenal yet. Tottenham? They had their first good season last year.

I don't get why he's the most hated manager in England. I think it's because he's French and a purist, so a lot of people perceive him as snooty.

Sorry for the long qoute but i had to say these posts are good

Specially Joss's