Wenger - We have money to overtake Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter Frank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 3K
1 goalie
1 centreback (maybe another if someone leaves)
1 striker
and that is all we need unless arsene sells more players

I'm starting to think the reason Wenger never spent before is because he wasn't allowed.. All this "building a team" **** was just a cover up?

I think Arsenal should go in for someone like Wigan's Diame, tall, athletic, good tackler and uses the ball well, and considering its Wigan they could get him for around £6M.

A keeper, someone like Joe Hart or Chris Kirkland.

A left-back for cover.
Two strikers, Chamakh and someone who can hold it up.

And I'd say a winger.

Wenger doesn't replace key players.

Also what pees me off, when Henry left everyone thought he'd go for aroung 40M - 60M but he goes for 16M :S

finaly phedo wenger has got the messege. no matter what arsenal do chelsea can match if they need to. we proberly need a few younger players but arsenal need nearly a whole squad.

finaly phedo wenger has got the messege. no matter what arsenal do chelsea can match if they need to. we proberly need a few younger players but arsenal need nearly a whole squad.
They don't need nearly a whole squad, they need about 4-5 players.

Naive.

******* ****, read through your post at least once before you post mate, and Aresnal don't need a makeover of their squad as it's basically entirely comprised of upcoming players rather unlike Chelsea who just ruin the careers of good youth players.

Why do we need two strikers?

I think people forget how quality Robin Van Persie truly is.

If we had him then I think the title could have been ours... I'm hoping we buy a new defender and goalie for sure though.

sorry but didn't your club almost get banned from buying any one becuase you kidnapped gael kakuta?

Made me lol. :D

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

If we had him then I think the title could have been ours... I'm hoping we buy a new defender and goalie for sure though.

What happens if he gets injured again, you don't need a world class striker, just someone who can score the goals if RVP gets injured again.

Maybe with all this money he can spend money scouring the world and find his next 12 year old protegé?

And also whats the point in having the money if your manager is Arsene Wenger? The one manager who refuses to spend money.

That's the problem with him, it's always if we had him. His injury record is terrible, we can't rely on him going most of the season without one.

Last edited:
You have a point, a good one.

Chamakh should definitely be coming in summer though as he's said he wants to be at Arsenal... And he becomes a free agent doesn't he this summer? So that would definitely boost our attack options

I've never understood why the Arsenal players are so injury prone though... Or it's just our team get bullied

sorry but didn't your club almost get banned from buying any one becuase you kidnapped gael kakuta?

like you said almost??? no proof and the ban got lifted so in my eyes we did nothing wrong.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

******* ****, read through your post at least once before you post mate, and Aresnal don't need a makeover of their squad as it's basically entirely comprised of upcoming players rather unlike Chelsea who just ruin the careers of good youth players.

how do you mean ruin good youth players like who?? our youth system has only just started to get going.

Didn't the ban get lifted because you eventually compensated Lens?

Chelsea did do something wrong though... Pretty much stole a good prospect from another club

Lets Face it Arsene Wenger cares more about the finances and the financial statistics of Arsenal then the team itself

Lets Face it Arsene Wenger cares more about the finances and the financial statistics of Arsenal then the team itself

surley thats not a bad thing i would rather my club not win any trophies then what has happened to porstmouth

I disagree, I think if the player is there, that would fit in, it's fine. It's just that he says we can fight finacally, it's just he doesn't agree with paying stupid wages.

I think Wenger honestly thought he could win the league. And we were in a great position, but when you're 6 best players are injured, it's hard, very hard.

I disagree, I think if the player is there, that would fit in, it's fine. It's just that he says we can fight finacally, it's just he doesn't agree with paying stupid wages.

I think Wenger honestly thought he could win the league. And we were in a great position, but when you're 6 best players are injured, it's hard, very hard.

Yes but we dont pay silly wages we have a wage limit and yet we still go out and buy players, you need the right balance between trying to keep amazing finances or just good healthy finances but keep buying and improving your squad, that is what i feel tottenham are doing now

Yes but we dont pay silly wages we have a wage limit and yet we still go out and buy players, you need the right balance between trying to keep amazing finances or just good healthy finances but keep buying and improving your squad, that is what i feel tottenham are doing now

By spending over 70m in two windows?

Didn't the ban get lifted because you eventually compensated Lens?

Chelsea did do something wrong though... Pretty much stole a good prospect from another club

Nah, Lens stated that Chelsea had forced Kakuta to sign a contract when infact it was his Mother who signed the contract. Therefore we were cleared of any wrong doing.

It happens all the time, FIFA just wanted to make an example out of a big team like Chelsea but epically failed.

Back