Reaction score
With no money in the bank (-450,000) I've taken the job at West Auckland Town in the Northern League Division One.
With only 2 players in the squad it's been an hectic pre-season bringing in players, amateurs i might had, but myself and my backroom staff have assembled a tiny squad of players in time for the big kick-off. First game of the season and it's a biggie! Darlington away..........And it's a WIN! 3-0 what a start. Can we do the impossible? You'll have to keep watching!
Updates will appear here.

Home to Billingham Town.
Lost 2-0 with nine men. held on until 88th minute. Gutted!

At the end of August we are 5th in the league just a point off the top spot.
Results:
Beat Billingham Synthonia 2-1 away
Drew with Newcastle Benfield at home 1-1
Beat Penrith 2-1 away

Not a bad start to the season.

The end of of September sees us at the top of the league by 1 point.
5 out of 6 wins in the league but an early exit out of the northrn league cup disappointed the fans.

End of October and we are 7 points clear of our nearest rivals Durham City. A thrilling 4-3 victory over them saw us open up the gap. Good victory in th FA Vase saw us through to the next round aswell.

Best thing for you to do is..

Always do your Backroom Advice meetings :)
Do a Team Report get rid of all the players with Low Star Ability for your team.
Then Search for players that are 4-5 Star Current Ability!

Then make sure you click Assistant Manager exclude Unrealistic Targets!.

Then it will show the top players you can get for your wage budget.
Do that then you should get a very good team.

:) That's my experience from Scarborough Athletic last FM

Its a shame I do not have the Full Game yet! Can't afford it, still playing FM 2012 :(

But did the editor for this using a friends, can you link my Database you downloaded in your opening post?
And give me credit?

Thanks mate

I'm trawling through amateurs cos theres no money for wages, luckily so far they've jelled really well and nobody has signed any of them for nowt.
Will do bud.

Well done Geoff, always good to see a non-league thread.

BTW - Northern League Division 1 is Step 6 right? How are you able to play it, because I thought the add on to play below Step 2 wasn't available yet?

Thanks Simon. Voasy (see above) kindly added an add on down to level 9 and its awesome bud! Well worth downloading!

End of November:
Still top by 7 points despite a couple of defeats. Hebburn Town in 2nd place now as Durham City seem to be in downfall since we stuffed em!
Victory in the FA Vase sees us through to the 3rd round and a home tie vs. Billingham Town.

End of december and we are still top despite 2 defeats against Darlington and Billingham Town. Injuries to key players not helping in the matter.
We did get the better of Billingham Town the FA Vase though and a 4th round trip to penrith awaits us in january.

Last edited:
January saw our lead at the top cut to 2 points. Some indifferent form from us saw our fiercest rivals Bishop Auckland catch us up. We have a game in hand over them but we would much rather have the points on the board. FA Vase win away to Penrith 1-0 was very pleasing and a home tie in the 5th round against Arundel awaits us.

Last edited:
February and the title race is a two horse race. Us and Bishop Auckand are neck and neck on 71 points each. We are due to play each other on the final day of the season away from home. Nail biting stuff or what?
FA Vase win again and we are are away to Colney Heath in the Quarter-Finals.

In March we went 4 points behind leaders Bishop Auckland. 6 games to go so we are still in with a chance.
Beat Colney Heath in the FA Vase QF and went on to beat Tipton Town 5-0 in the 1st leg of the Semi-Final away from home too.

Last edited:
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->END OF SEASON 1<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

We finished the season as League runners-up to our arch rivals Bishop Auckland by 8 points, form went out the window by the end of the season.
We lost in the FA Vase Cup Final 1-0 to Bishop Auckland again! They scored in the dying minutes of the game after we'd been refused a clear penalty so this defeat smarts a little.
Not a bad 1st season to be honest, now starts the building of next seasons squad!

Last edited:
SEASON TWO

Pre-season saw plenty of comings and goings. Some of the goings were out of my hands as my players were amateurs so i couldn't refuse offers.
I did ask the board if we could turn pro and at first they refused but came around to my ambitions and said yes.
I decided to tie my best players from last season to the club. I then raided a few rivals players and trawled the unatta
ched players list. Side looks good and some strength in depth aswell.

AUG/SEPT 2013

By the end of September we are 2nd behind Darlington 4points behind them.
The new players are blending in quite well and a good win in 1st round of the Northern League Challenge Cup ended the month on a good note.

Last edited:
END OF OCTOBER

Top, top, top of the league!!!
Level on points with Darlington (34)
And still unbeaten in the first 14 games.
Victory (after replay and pens) in the 1st round of the FA Vase.