• 15-18

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 18-20

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Steven Dodds

Reaction score
images

I woke up, switched on Sky Sports News HD and I was shocked to see that Roberto Di Matteo had been sacked of his position as West Bromwich Albion manager, me and indeed millions of others wondered what was going through West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace's mind as he had woken up this morning. Wether he got out of the wrong side of the bed or not it was a stupid decision in my mind and I am sure a few others.

I walked down the stairs to get my breakfast and the phone wrang...

"Hello" I answered

I heard a very familiar voice reply

"Hello Steven, It's Jeremy, Jeremy Peace"

I didn't know what to do, here I am a life long Baggies fan and on the other side of the line is The chairman of my beloved Baggies.

I stuttered

"Hi, how could I ermmm help you?"

I was unsure wether he was still on the phone but as I went to speak he said

"Steven, I was wondering if you would be intrested in becoming the new West Brom manager. Now I know that this may come as a shock to you but I am realy struggling to find a manager at the moment. I have been on the phone to a tun of manager including Roy Hodgson, Martin Jol and even Gus Poyet to name a few and they just don't want the job after what I did to Roberto. So Steven, What do you say?"

I was mortified as you could imagine and I replied

"I would absolutley love to manage the Baggies, I dont care if I don't get paid you are offering me my dream job, Thank You very much"

As he laughed under his breath he said to me

"Well what are you waiting for, get dressed, get in your car and get down here to we discuss your contract"

I immediatley replied

"I will be there as fast as I can"

We both hung up and I was still mortified but I couldn't help but wonder how he managed to get my phone number and why, why it was me he turned to. I wasn't complaining at all and rushed off to get ready.

60 minutes later the contract was sealed, We agreed to a £12,250 p/w deal which kept me at the club until at least 2012 but I was hoping I could stay longer than that and make myself a Legend in West Brom end of Black Country.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

images

It was here, it had me awake all night, I was dreading it but there was a little feeling deep inside of excitement. My first press conference with the club I can only hope it goes well. I got in my car and went to the press conference. I met the Chairman, Jeremy Peace and the Assistant Manager, Eddie Newton there. My nerves went back down, the chairman came over to me and said

"Theres no need to be nervous, we are here to support you"

A smile came over mine and the Chairman's face, we walked into the press room.

It began

Do you already have an idea of which players you like and those you aren’t so happy with?

“Everyone will get a chance to show what they can do, it is a new era and everyone will start evenly”

That certainly suggests you have confidence in your players. What do you consider to be your strongest area of the team?

“In all honesty, Midfield but I do still see room for improvements”

How involved to you intend to be in a day-to-day running of the club?

“I like to be involved as much as time allows me to”

While some managers are famous for there hands on approach, others maintain a more reserved manner with their players. How do you see your management style?

“I want every player to know they can come to me with anything and indeed the backroom staff as well, of course”

What can we expect from you in the Transfer Market? Are you looking to splash the cash or are you a real bargain hunter?

“I am interested in every player which will bring something to the club wither that be well known names or unknown names, as long as they bring some sort of effect”

As far as your backroom staff go, will you be bringing in your own people or will the likes of Eddie Newton and Keith Downing be staying at the club?

“Well, I feel that the backroom staff are doing a brilliant job, at least from I’ve token over so I don’t see any reason why I should bring my own in at all”

What would you say is the Tactical approach to the game?

“It really depends on the situation, If say I’m winning 5-0 at Home I am obviously going to keep the Tactic I am using, but say if we take the lead at Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool I am going to try and hold the bus as it would be a bit foolish to go for more goals”

Recent reports have linked you with a move for Atromitos right-back Marcin Baszczynski. Are you prepared to go on record with your thoughts on this story?

“There is no story to it, it is absolute rubbish, I have never heard of this player in my life. No disrespect to him but he will not be joining West Brom in the near future”

You stand here today being unveiled as the new West Bromwich Albion manager. As a big fan of the club, surely this must be a dream come true.

“It is a dream come true. Every waking moment I have dreamt of this and my dreams have came true. I now can say I am West Brom manager and not laugh in the mirror at myself but be proud of myself for what I have accomplished. Most football fans only dream of managing their Boy Hood club and for me it is a reality. I would like to thank the West Brom Chairman for appointing me as manager.

A big smile came over my face, I had done my first press conference without any muck ups. The Chairman greeted me with a little cuddle and my Assistant Manager shook my hand, The Chairman whispered in my ear as he cuddled me

"It begins here"

And he walked out of the building. I soon followed with my Assistant Manager to discuss Tactics.

Brilliant OP mate! awesome detail :) keep this up and will be a top read! :D

images

Eddie Newton and I had a little chat before entering the Tactics Room, we then stopped talking and got down to business straight away. We discussed what Formation, What roles and How we would work out these two things whilst there. He brought up the 4-4-2 but straight away I said no, I told him it is too plain and it would not work for a team like us. I was thinking more of a 4-2-3-1 like there Germans at the Fifa World Cup. He nodded his head and agreed with a smile on his face. We got the Strategy Board out and conducted a field which had 11 men and what they would do in their position they were given. The Tactic we agreed on was my creation of the 4-2-3-1:

GK - Sweeper Keeper - Defend
RB - Full Back - Attack
RCB - Central Defender - Defend
LCB - Limited Defender - Defend
LB - Full Back - Attack
RCM - Deep Lying Playmaker - Support
LCM - Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend
AMR - Attacking Midfielder - Attack
AMC - Advanced Playmaker - Support
AML - Attacking Midfielder - Attack
STC - Poacher - Attack

Philosophy - Fluid
Starting Strategy - Control
Passing Style - More Direct
Creative Freedom - More Expressive
Closing Down - Default
Tackling - Default
Marking - Default
Crossing - Float Crosses
Roaming - More Roaming

We were happy with this but I knew there was something missing from it, well mabye not it but there was definitely something wrong. After 5 minutes of thinking time my Assistant Manager told me this Tactic would be good at home against teams with similar ability, but what if we are away against a Top 4 team? It suddenly hit me, we needed an Away Tactic, I immediately came up with this:

GK - Sweeper Keeper - Defend
RB - Full Back - Defend
RCB - Central Defender - Defend
LCB - Limited Defender - Defend
LB - Full Back - Defend
RCM - Deep Lying Playmaker - Support
LCM - Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend
AMR - Attacking Midfielder - Attack
AMC - Advanced Playmaker - Support
AML - Attacking Midfielder - Attack
STC - Poacher - Attack

Philosophy - Fluid
Starting Strategy - Counter
Passing Style - Shorter
Creative Freedom - More Disciplined
Closing Down - Default
Tackling - More Aggressive
Marking - Default
Crossing - Float Crosses
Roaming - Stick To Position

Yes, It was more or less the same as the Home Strategy but this would put us more Defensive and maybe leave the other team open for the Counter.

The second thing on Mine's and the Assistants' mind was Starting 11, we both knew we needed some Transfer In and Out I had my Assistant note up a Possible Starting 11 Including Transfers, This is what he had:

GK - Myhill
RB - Coleman
RCB - Olsson
LCB - Scharner
LB - Shorey
RCM - Witsel
LCM - Mulumbu
AMR - Morrison
AMC - Dorrans
AML - Brunt
STC - Odemwinge

I was relatively happy with that Starting 11 especially the 2 signings that he had mentioned in Witsel and Coleman. I left the room and told the Assistant that he had worked hard and that I was off home. Tommorow we would be discussing Transfers.

images

It is always a managers dream to get dug into transfers and that was exactly what I was doing today with my Assistant Manager. I got up before the alarm went off, got dressed and had Breakfast. The time hadn't even reached 9:00am yet. I gave my Assistant a phone and he answered.

"Hello, Sleepy head" I said

He, rather doseily replied

"Helllllo, who is this?"

With a slight chuckle I said

"It's me, Steven, get up you lazy Pig"

He chuckled and said

"HaHa, I'm wide awake now, what time you want me at the Ground?"

"10:30,"

"Ok, i'll be there, should be rather exciting today HeHe"

He hang the phone up and went and got ready. I researched some players on my Laptop whilst I watched the clock Tick, Tick, Tick until it reached 10:20, I then got into my car with my little notepad of players and drove to the Ground, where I was greeted by my Assistant Manager and surprisingly my Chairman. He said I have gotten you a gift. I was very excited and he said I have gotten you £5,500,000 available to spend on new players. I was ecstatic. I gave the Chairman the biggest smile and walked into the Ground. My Assistant followed. He also had his notebook in hand. we looked at each others notebooks, taking down some information here and there and we looked mostly at the players we both had on the list which consumed of:

Seamus Coleman - Everton
Axel Witsel - Standard De Liege
Steven Defour - Standard De Liege
Vaclav Kadlec - Sparta Prague
Leigh Griffiths - Dundee

We did have some more little unrealistic targets in mind including:

Stuart Holden - Bolton
Lucas - Sao Paulo
Henri Saivet - Bordeaux
Manoel - Atletico Paranaense
Zezinho - Santos
Yaya Sanogo - Aj Auxerre
Jay Emmanuel Thomas - Arsenal

We also had notes of people who were not on any of our plans to get a first team chance some of the names include:

Gonzalo Jara
Roman Bednar
Gianni Zuiverloon
Marek Cech
Mark Antoine Fortune
Abdoulaye Meite
Luke Moore

Some pretty good players in that list yes, but none of them apart from mabye Jara fitted in, Jara is just being sold to raise a bit of cash for Coleman. Me and my Assistant had agreed on this having all of these names on out Transfers Out List. My Assistant included Ishmael Miller in his but I immediately said no, I have plans to send him out on loan as he is still young and could still develop. He agreed with me and we moved on.

Other Transfer News

Man Utd interested in Roma's £4,000,000 rated CB Phillepe Mexas
West Ham ready a bid for Sporting's Alberto Rivera
Stoke offer Former Liverpool Defender Steven Finnan a contract
Everton lead the chase for Macabi Haifa's Peter Masilela

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

images

SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS

It is arriving at us now that Everton's Seamus Coleman has said to West Brom he is not Interested in joining them at this period of time. It is believe that Everton accepted a £3,800,000 offer from West Brom for the Irish youngster who has put a stop to the move. West Brom manager is said to be very dissapointed but he does understand why Seamus Coleman has rejected a move to the Hawthorns.

Other Transfer News

Manchester Utd sign Jan Vertonghen from Ajax for a sum of £11,000,000
Chelsea complete the signing of Steven Pienaar from Everton for £6,500,000
Liverpool have revealed the rather shock signing of John Carew from Aston Villa for a fee of £4,000,000
Birmingham have captured Manchester City Want a way Striker Santa Cruz on loan for a loan fee of £120,000

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

images

BAGGIES BAG A FEW STARLETS

West Brom have confirmed the signing of Leigh Griffiths from Dundee and Lucas from Sao Paulo. Leigh Griffiths cost them £300,000 in which manager Steven Dodds called the biggest bargain of the Transfer Window and also Lucas for £3,600,000. Lucas is a 17 Year Old Brazillian Attacking Midfielder. Dodds has had a press conference about Leigh Griffiths: Firstly

Leigh Griffiths

You sit here alongside Leigh Griffiths the new signing. Are you pleased you have got your man?

“Of course I am, when is a manager not happy when they sign a player they are after?”

As Griffiths is just 19 Years Old, do you see him more as a player for the future?

“No, I fell Leigh has the Talent to make an impact straight away”

The deal for Griffiths was a fairly cheap one, but do you see yourself spending big in the future?

“Of course I do, I mean what manager can’t? HaHa”

Do you agree that, with no large transfer fee involved, there is considerably less pressure on him to do well?

“Of course not, I expect the same level of performance and effort from every player, but since he is still young I will let him off with a couple of errors.”

Griffiths has spoken about his excitement at playing for a team with the support of West Brom. How important do you think it is for the fans to continue backing the team?

“I believe that the fans are the 12th player, so yes they have a massive part to play”

This signals your foray in the Transfer Market during this window. Can we expect any further activity?

“Yes, indeed you can”

images

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

images

Deadline day is here people and every manager in the country is scouting for bargains, everyone but West Brom manager Steven Dodds who has in the recent minutes confirmed the signing of young midfielder Axel Witsel from Standard Liege, we understand Witsel was on his books from the very minute he took charge at The Baggies.

images

From what our sources understand West Brom have had an offer accepted for OGC Nice Right Back Drisso Diakite and have offered him a contract.

images

NEWS JUST IN

News just in that Drisso Diakite's proposed move to West Brom has been delayed due to his Work Permit being rejected, West Brom have launched an appeal against it.

BREAKING NEWS

News just in that Drisso Diakite's Work Permit has now been accepted the deal which see's him moving across the channel from OGC Nice to West Brom for a fee of £3,300,000

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

images

The Transfer Deadline for English clubs has past and what a hectic one it was with West Brom being the surprise big spenders. Steven Dodds did not hold back having just being appointed this was his first Transfer Market and he has left a big mark on it for sure. With 4 players joining the club and 6 leaving, one on loan, West Brom will be ready for the season ahead and they better be because the first game of the season is against Arsenal at the Emirates. West Brom couldn't have got a tougher start to the season. Arsenal themselves have brought in quite a few players, the most familiar name being Vaclav Kadlec from Sparta Prague, who was also on West Brom's books. The English team who have spent the most will come as no surprise to anyone, it being Manchester City. To mention a few Manchester City have signed Eden Hazard from Lille for £16,750,000, Tranquillo Barnetta from Leverkusen for £13,250,000 and also Jefferson Farfan from Schalke for £$8,750,000. That is just a few. West Brom manager Steven Dodds had earned £10,000,000 to add to his £5,500,000 that his Chairman had given him to spend, he earned this money by selling players:

Roman Bednar went to Palermo for £2,500,000
Gonzalo Jara also went to Italy, but he went to Juventus for £3,400,000
Gianni Zuiverloon also went to Italy, he went to Torino for £1,500,000
Abdoulaye Meite also Flew to italy as he sealed a £1,000,000 move to Parma

images

I WILL POST PRE SEASON FRIENDLYS AND PREMIERLEAGUE GAMES TOMMOROW, HAVE I GOT ANY FOLLOWERS?

images

PRE SEASON RESULTS

After all Pre Season games had finished I had some time away from my Assistant to look over key points, players and results. On w hole I was very dissapointed with the results in Pre Season and knew if we had any chance of surviving in the Premier League the boys would have to put twice as much effort in as they did in Pre Season games.

RESULTS

West Brom 2-0 West Brom Reserves
Odemwinge (21), Reid (49)

Ross County 1-3 West Brom
Dair (87) - Shorey (pen 14), Macri (own goal 68), Throme (79)

Millwall 1-1 West Brom
Craig (14) - Wood (90)

Darlington 2-1 West Brom
Amith (33), Hurst (own goal 66) - Barnes (43)

Carlisle 2-1 West Brom
Curran (32), Bowman (34) - Barnes (78)

Yeovil 2-0 West Brom
Freeman (22), Virgo (69)

Luton 1-2 West Brom
Gallen (pen 90) - Scharner (15), Pilkington (own goal 82), Odemwinge (missed pen 18)

Portsmouth 0-0 West Brom

As you can see these results are not the best but it was a good start, I have to try and take the positives from everything and to be honest, it was the start of Pre Season that was the best. Beating our Reserves 2-0, it wasn't a game that I was bothered who won but a game I had a close eye on looking for players to make an impact and no one on the Reserve team made a big one unfortunately. Bad results always follow good results and that is exactly what happened here, 3 defeats to lower league opposition, not a good way to impress fans. The defeat that shocked me the most was a 2-0 defeat to Yeovil, I was not expecting at all to lose this match, in fact I was expecting a comfortable win, not only in this game but in all 3 games that I had lost. I knew it was bad. I had another win coming against Luton, a 2-1 narrow victory against a Blue Square Premier Division team. I said to myself a wins a win, but deep inside I knew it wasn't good enough. Me and the Assistant got together to choose Player Of Pre Season, Result Of Pre Season and Worst Result Of Pre Season. We had decided on:,

Player Of Pre Season - Nicky Shorey
Nicky has played brilliantly for us in Pre Season and looks up for the Premierleague challenge ahead of us in the near future.

Result Of Pre Season - Ross County 1-3 West Brom
A firly obvious one to choose, not many good results in Pre Season for us but I guess this is a good result against a good side.

Worst Result Of Pre Season - Yeovil 2-0 West Brom

Do I need to say anymore? this result is terrible, when a Premierleague side is against a team of this quality, no disrespect, but you have to expect the Premierleague saide to have a comfortable victory and that just wasn't the case in this game. Poor show from the lads.

Giles Barnes was also a contender for Player Of Pre Season as I had absolutely no plans of giving him first team football, this may have changed my mind and he may be set for some substitute appearances from the bench in this years Premierleague.

Overall Pre Season Rating - 6

images

NEW PREMIERLEAGUE SEASON BEGINS

It was here, I could feel chills running down my spine, the opening day of the Barclays Premierleague was here. What a feeling it was. I knew it wasn't going to be an easy day because first up for us was a trip to Norht London against Arsenal, one of the media's favorites for the league title. I got out of bed brushed my teetch and went down stairs where I was greeted with some family members. It had came to me as a surprise, My dad a life long Baggies fan was there all ready for the trip to North London, my cousin a Life Long Arsenal fan was also there ready for the trip ahead. I knew it was going to be a long road to London.....

A couple of hours later I was outside the Emirates Stadium, Fans were walking in to the ground I could here the atmosphere building up already and there was still about an hour to kick off. It was amazing. I saw the West Brom fans coming in their thousands to back me and the club at the start of thye season, wether they will still be following us at the end of the season who know?. All I knew that they were here now and that was all that mattered to me. My Assistant drove up and got out of his car, I shook his hand and we both entered The Emirates Stadium. I saw Arsene Wenger an Icon in the Football World, with the passing trade he has brought to Arsenal. I also say Fabregas and Van Persie, two world class players and really realised this was going to be a long day. I entered the dressing room to see all of my players ready to go. They all looked up for it. Befor they went out to the pitch I told them, they have got brilliant support here with them and they can win this game if they show passion and a bit of pride. So it began.....

The starting 11 I had choose were:

GK - Myhill
RB - Diakite
RCB - Olsson
LCB - Scharner
LB - Shorey
RCM - Witsel
LCM - Mulumbu
AMR - Morrison
AMC - Dorrans
AML - Lucas
STC - Odemwinge

The subs included Leigh Griffiths, Chris Brunt and Jerome Thomas. It was a surprise to many people that Tchoyi and Barnes wasn't in the Starting XI or even on the bench. I had stuck by my decision and would hope it paidn off.

I walked out onto the touchline to be greeted with a handshake from Mr. Wenger, he looked like a gentleman, he offered me a glass of Champagne after the match, I said I would love to have a drink with you Arsene, we both went our sperate ways to our seats. I could see mt Family in the crowd and I was ecstatic. Yo7u heard the roar of the crowd when the teams came out of the tunnel. The game began.....

Arsenal 2-1 West Brom
Chamakh (11), Fabregas (71), Squillaci (sent off 53) - Brunt (63)

It was a valiant effort from the boys today, thought once they had got a man sent off we could have perhaps of got a draw but I didn't see us getting anything from this game from the start. When Chamakh put Arsenal into the lead in the 19th munute I was just hoping that the flood gates wouldn't open and they didn't. We held them off until half time. I told the lads to do it for the fans and they went out fired up. We had a boost when Arsenal's Squillaci got sent off in the 53rd minute and 10 minutes later a low ball played in by Morrison found its way to Brunt who just tapped it in an open goal. but just 8 minutes later Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas netted the winner for the Gunners.

View attachment 139506

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

images

The draw for the 2nd round of the Carling Cup has been made and has given us some tasty fixtures, the tasty fixture include:

Huddersfield vs Bolton
Notts County vs Newcastle
Sheffield Wednesday vs Blackburn
Leicester vs Leeds
Birmingham vs Norwich
Nottingham Forest vs Southampton
Wigan vs Stevenage

Some of these fixtures ill be interesting with Stevenage going to the DW and Norwich going to St. Andrews. The fixture that really shouts out to me is Leicester vs Leeds.

WEST BROM VS BARNSLEY

West Brom have been given a good draw for the cup. Manager Steven Dodds has told the press that he fully expects to win this game and advance to the next round.

Last edited:
August Results

Premierleague

images

West Brom 2-0 Blackpool
Odemwinge (26), Mulumbu (80)

My boys had gotten there first win of the new Season. It came at the hands of what was always going to be a tricky game with our opponents being Blackpool, who have also just been promoted from the Championship. I was delighted with Odemwinge getting his first goal of the new Season which I feel will catapult him to scoring more goals for us this season. Mulumbu also got on the score sheet which I am delighted with as he is a big player for us, nothing like scoring a goal to boost your confidence.

View attachment 139530

Wigan 2-2 West Brom
N'Zogbia (22), Boselli (77) - Brunt (70), Dorrans (89), Mulumbu (sent off 61)

I was before this match hoping that we could perhaps get all 3 points today but when Mulumbu was dismissed on the 61st minute I was happy to settle for the draw. Odemwinge and Griffiths could have given me all 3 points as they squandered late chances but I am pleased with the teams overall performance. N'Zogbia's 22nd minute shot was the pick of the goals as he took it past 2 defenders and shot powerfully into the top corner. No keeper in the world would have stopped it. Brunt's goal I think was meant to be an in swinging cross but it somehow found it's way into the nets. Both of the other 2 goals were very scrappy goals and the defences won't be happy with themselves.

Carling Cup

West Brom 2-1 Barnsley
Griffiths (9,18) - Hume (35), Doyle (missed pen 32)

I set out a team that wouldn't usually start in a Premierleague game and it paid off. Leigh Griffiths getting a double inside 20 minutes put a big smile and mine and Leigh's face. However the defence isn't doing to well this season and it showed when they gave away a sloppy penalty, Carson saved the penalty which would give him more of a chance to claim the number 1 spot, the penalty save was forgotten about just a few moments later when a cross came it which he caught and then spilled to the feet of Ian Hume who just couldn't miss. West Brom go proceed to the 3rd round of the Carling Cup.

Carling Cup 3rd Round Draw

images

The draw for the 3rs round of the Carling Cup has been made and there are a few games to look out for:

Manchester Utd vs Manchester City
Chelsea vs Everton
Wolves vs Sunderland
Fulham vs Tottenham
Wigan vs West Ham
Newcastle vs Leicester
Bolton vs Cardiff

West Brom vs Derby

West Brom have been drawn another relatively easy draw with their opponents being Deby, this is a game they can definitely win and proceed to the next round. Manager Steven Dodds will have the up most confidence to go out on the pitch and do the business.

Dodds On West Brom's August

West Brom manager Steven Dodds has told the press today that his August went almost perfectly as him and his assistant had planned. The 2-1 Defeat to Arsenal was an expected defeat for West Brom, The 2-0 win vs Blackpool went to plan, The Carling Cup win well, they went through, the only real slip up was the draw with Wigan, but as they got a man sent off they settled for this result

Forgot to take screenshot of the league table and the other 2 results sorry

Last edited:
Will post a new update tommorow guys will do it whilst watching the Carling Cup Final maybe before

September Results

Premierleague

images

West Brom 1-1 Bolton
Odemwinge (24), Olsson (sent off 90+2) - Elmander (90+5), Robinson ( sent off 71)

Im pleased with this result went into the game expecting the lads to get us 1 point and up until the very, very last minute I thought that we had stolen all 3 points until Elmander scored a very scrappy goal coming from a corner. The referee's 4th official had only indicated 3 additional minutes so as you could imagine I was absolutley livid with the officials for not blowing for the full time whistle. It was a very tough game which saw 2 players get sent off, one being Olsson which I was not happy about, I dont feel it was a red card I will defiantly be appealing against it and also Paul Robinson which I think should be at least a 3 match ban, a terrible tackle on Odemwinge. Overall im pleased with a point.
View attachment 139952

Man Utd 4-1 West Brom
Scholes (3), Nani (38), Rooney (59), pen 72) - Odemwinge (75)

Can't complain about this game. Going into it I didn't expect anything from it and at the end of it we didn't expect anything from it. Man Utd dominated the game from start to finish there was no contest in this game and the scoreline shows there dominance.
View attachment 139951

West Brom 1-1 Chelsea
Odemwinge (pen 23), Odemwinge (missed pen 57) - Drogba (90)

I'm absolutley devastated with this result, yes a point against Chelsea is a good result but we were all over them the whole match and got 2 penalties, scoring 1 and missing 1. I was shocked to see that John Terry was left on the field as he was hacking our players all game. Chelsea nicked a point from us today when Drogba latched on to a short back pass and slotted it into the bottom corner. Another 90th minute goal we have concede that we could and probally should have avoided, that's 4 points we have lost from our mistakes.
View attachment 139953

Carling Cup

images

West Brom 0-2 Derby
Commons (26), Olsson (own goal 37)

This was a terrible result for us, I was not happy with the players after the match, especially Olsson. He was the cause for the 1st goal and he scored an own goal. I told him straight "you were terrible today", he didn't take it well and stormed out of the dressing room. I had my captain go and get him. It wasn't just Ollson who was terrible today, most of the team played terrible.
View attachment 139954
Dodds on West Brom's September

The lads were excellant this month, apart from from the Derby game. I thought we deserved to claim 6 points in the league this month but we only managed to get 2. I can only take the positives from this month and the 2 points we got were well earned. I thought Odemwinge was excellant this month claiming 3 goals in 3 games.

October Results

Premierleague

images

West Brom 1-0 West Ham
Odemwinge (71)

I was very pleased with the result of this game, pleased to have picked up 3 points and pleased that yet again Odemwinge got on the scoresheet. Odemwinge is proving to be a big player for us this season and without him we would probally be bottom. Its not wasn't all about Odemwinge in this game though the full squad had to play there part against a tricky West Ham side.

Birmingham 3-0 West Brom
Olsson (own goal 52), Zigic (80), Gardner (85)

A very poor performance from the lads today. St Andrews os always a hard place to go to but I thought we might could have been able to ****** a draw out of this game, but I was wrong. Olsson again scoring an Own Goal I think that is his 2nd Own Goal of the season. Him and Scharner really need to get there act together or I will be searching for replacments come January.

West Brom 0-1 Tottenham
King (9)

It was a well thought came and the decisive moment came just 9 minutes into the game, King got his head onto a corner which was whipped in, nothing the keeper could have done it was a great header. I am happy that we didn't concede more than one but I am disappointed that we couldn't find the net at home, that is always a disappointment.

West Brom 0-0 Newcastle
Mulumbu (sent off 34)

I think we are lucky to have got a point today after Mulumbu was stupidly sent off, he could have defiantly avoided this and that is his 2nd red card of the season and we arean't even at the mid point of the season yet. I am disappointed at Mulumbu as I know he is a great player but that was a silly red card. I will be giving him a warning and the next time I will be docking him a weeks wages. After Mulumbu was sent off we were always chasing the game and I was happy with a point, although we really wanted all 3. We need to start winning some home games if we want a top half finish.
View attachment 139991