West Brom head coach roberto Di Matteo relieved of his duties

Is this good or not

• is this right

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • is this wrong

Votes: 52 88.1%

• Total voters
i think gardening leave is when you are relieved of first team duties but not officially sacked they will agree compo in the summer but just means they can bring in someone experienced till end of the season

Well hope we line up a good replacement.Doubt O'Neil would come.Hughton would be good.Never know Neville might become manager.ha ha.

They could mutually terminate it? Like they did to Hodgson. Or maybe Di Matteo doesn't want to? :D

don't understand this at all, he's done well, got them promoted, they're not in the relegation zone either. Suppose it's the turning tides and expections of football

He's lost something like 13 in 18 [All comps] now, deserved imo.

Absolute ******* joke. WBA are 16th in the table what more do they want??? I seriously hope they go down now.

Another Manager needlessly sacked. Di Matteo has done a fantastic job this season and bringing in Odenwingie has been a fantastic signing.

Bizzare, just a few months ago they were hovering outside Europe spots. One win this year moves you up about 6 places. this is almost as bad a hughton.

Don't understand the logic behind this. He's done a great job their and one bad run and he's gone? Blackpool are arguably having an even worse run and yet they back their manager 100%.

If the WBA board were so worried about the recent results then why didn't they back Roberto in the transfer market?

Ridiculous decision IMO.

Don't understand the logic behind this. He's done a great job their and one bad run and he's gone? Blackpool are arguably having an even worse run and yet they back their manager 100%.

If the WBA board were so worried about the recent results then why didn't they back Roberto in the transfer market?

Ridiculous decision IMO.
typical snap judgement, unneeded dismissal. Not like they are a mid table side or anything.

Do promoted chairmans expect to be in the CL spots in their first year in the PL or somthing??

Hughton and Di Matteo were doing brilliant jobs but got sacked for a couple of losses. They won against Arsenal at the Emirates for Gods sake and we (Liverpool) couldn't even beat the Gunners at home! Chairmen are just so impatient these days, I don't even think Hodgson should of been sacked/left by mutual consent either.

He had a chance of ruining their reputation as a yo-yo team, so they totally needed to sack him!

What about Vela?

We sent him to west brom as they play football what if they bring in a manager that plays hoofball :S

What about Vela?

We sent him to west brom as they play football what if they bring in a manager that plays hoofball :S

i think wba will have bigger worries than how vela will get on :)

Another kneejerk reaction. There's still a while to go til the end of the season, and they do this? non-sensical imo. I think he's a pretty good manager to be honest, and he's doing his best to avoid relegation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the main objective of a newly promoted team? consolidate/avoid relegation? so many clubs making badly timed knee-jerk reactions. Wish him all the best in the futre. He's a good manager, and pretty sure he'll get another job soon enough. Be interesting to see how this affects the squad

What about Vela?

I know what u mean but Vela was terrible in the Wigan match and not great in the city match but thats only because we where playing him as a winger we shud be playig him as a striker because his crosses where terrible.
Anyway hope the manager situation is resolved quickley because I can see us going down if it isnt.