West Brom head coach roberto Di Matteo relieved of his duties

Is this good or not

• is this right

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • is this wrong

Votes: 52 88.1%

• Total voters
tragic another manager looses his job after doin decent job hope nothin like this happens when fergie calls time on his carear

Don't think he should of got sacked, always looked as though the players were on his side and West Brom were playing some sexy stuff. They have been shipping goals recently though.

I imagine the likely candidates for the job will be Martin O'Neill, Roy Hodgson and Martin Jol. My feeling is Jol or Hodgson because Jol has links with West Brom as a player but Hodgson is certainly capable of shoring up a defence which he showed with Fulham. I expect it to be the latter though.

An interesting learning curve for Di Matteo though, I am sure he will go on to a be a good manager though.

TBH his sacking is justified. WBA is doing very poor and its time to bring on someone else!!

Don't understand why he has been sacked. His aim surely was to avoid relegation. These are taken from the prediction thread and says it all really.

Supports: Arsenal
1. Chelsea
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Manchester City
5. Tottenham
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Aston Villa
9. Stoke City
10. Blackburn Rovers
11. Birmingham
12. West Ham United
13. Fulham
14. Sunderland
15. Newcastle
16. Bolton Wanderers
17. Wolves
18. Wigan Athletic
19. West Brom
20. Blackpool

1.Chelsea
2.Arsenal
3.Man City
4.United
5.Spurs
6.Liverpool
7.Villa
8.Everton
9.West Ham
10.Newcastle
11.Sunderland
12.Birmingham
13.Bolton
14.Stoke
15.Blackburn
16.Wigan
17.Wolves
18.Fulham
19.WBA
20.Blackpool

1: Chelsea
2: Man Utd
3: Man City
4: Arsenal
5: Liverpool
6: Tottenham
7: Everton
8: Aston Villa
9: Newcastle
10: Bolton
11: Sunderland
12: Fulham
13: Blackburn
14: Birmingham
15: West Ham
16:Wolves
17: Stoke
18: Wigan
19: West Brom
20: Blackpool

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Man United
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Everton
8. Villa
9. West Ham
10. Stoke
11. Birmingham
12. Blackburn
13. Sunderland
14. Newcastle
15. Fulham
16. Wigan
17. Wolves
18. West Brom
19. Bolton
20. Blackpool

Bookmark this comment.

1st: Chelsea
2nd: Arsenal
3rd: Man City
4th: Man u
5th: Liverpool
6th: Villa
7th: Everton
8th: Spurs
9th: Blackburn
10th: Birmingham
11th: Stoke
12th: Sunderland
13th: Newcastle
14th: West Ham
15th: Fulham
16th: Wigan
17th: Wolves
18th: Bolton
19th: West Brom
20th: Blackpool

All taken from the first 16 posts of the thread. Shocking decision.

He has lost 13 of the last 18 games. Unacceptable form and its completely justified.

at the end of the day he is a manager looking to stay clear of relegation, in a terrible run of form, with little experience to get out of it. I am shocked but i just feel di matteo ran out of ideas, as an inexperienced manager.
However, the timing is terrible and they will look for a more experienced manager.
I dont want allardyce or hodgson
I'd have curbishley or jol though

He was a great manager and its saddening to see him sacked after taking the team into the Premier League and installing stability.

Gutted for him. Made some fantastic signings in his time. I think if they would have signed a solid centre back in January things would have improved. All the best for the future ROberto!

Controversional decision, just the same happened with Hughton when he got fired by Newcastle.

what an absolute DISGRACE!!
never have i felt so embarassed to support my club
we have our two most important games coming up and we sack the manager right before them

and yes we may have lost 13 of our last 18, but having watched 80% of those games we havent deserved to lose anywhere near 13

villa away we were deserving of a point, but just didnt finish our chances

bolton away we destroyed and without some awful finishing we could have scored 4 or 5

blackburn at home we had 3x the amount of chances they had, and terrible individual mistakes cost us

man united at home we were by a mile the better team, yet the refs failure to send off neville and give a pen, and odemwingies missed pen in the second half robbed us

fulham away the first goal was carsons fault, and some poor marking at corners, not to mention that we had to field 3 RB's and almost our whole defence was out

blackburn away we were going fine until tamas decides to plant one in his own net, then odemwingie was denied a clear penalty in the second half

wigan home we probably just shaded it, hit the post twice late on, al habsi made an awesome save from olsson, and a freak goal freom watson where everybody missed it

RDM cant legislate for individual errors like this, ok he could bring in a defender or two in jan, but our chairman doesnt like to back managers all too much, and never does in january, we made 10m for davies, 5m for koumas, 5 for greening, 6 for kamara, where has that money actually gone ???

if we were getting overrun in games and struggling to get out of our own half i could understand but we have been the better side in alot of our games this season

it seems like our chairman has forgotten how we beat arsenal away, are still the only team to have points from old trafford, and demolished everton away

unbelievable.

Wouldn't mind him coming down and managing us now ;) he knows how to sign a player, unlike Nigel Clough.. :S

Wouldn't mind him coming down and managing us now ;) he knows how to sign a player, unlike Nigel Clough.. :S

im pretty sure the majority of players we sign are through our sporting director dan ashworth
i know hes the leading scout when it comes to player research
chelsea were reportedly after him a few months ago

personally i wouldnt mind if he went, i know he got us mulumbu, odemwingie, found us dorrans, ibanez, tchoyi etc but i just think he interferes with the manager too much

What's wrong with english clubs this season?

One thing I always liked about them was precisely that they used to take the right desitions regarding maintaining managers in charge a reasonable time and so, imo.
Now they are beginning to look like spanish clubs. No patience at all.

Can't see West Brom staying up now, bizarre one for me.

Can't see West Brom staying up now, bizarre one for me.
Don't be so sure, people were saying the same about Pardew when he took charge at Newcastle and we're still in the top half.

Allardyce ruled himself out of job btw