West Ham Utd...Sortin Out The Mess!

D14_JDH

Reaction score
This is my first ever thread on this forum! I thought starting a game with West Ham would be a good challenge!

No transfer funds and a massive wage bill in desperate need of reducing! My transfer policy is to offlaod my foriegn high earners and replace them with young English talent who are on alot less wages. Also, i've put a salary cap on my club. Meaning, no new players will recieve more than 45k per week on wages... This will help sort out the financial mess the club is in! I like my clubs to be financialy safe.....

Updates will be uploaded asap!

Looks awesome ill follow m8 normally im nt west ham cs i hate the wages

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

good luck aswell lol

My aim is to secure a respectable league position in my first season, then hopefully get into a European place through the league in my second season! Although that may be a bit hopefull considering the MAJORITY of my signings will be young English talent!

As i've got no transfer funds, i'll look to offload players before i bring any in! I need 2 spend wisely and will bring in players as cheap as possible....

TRANSFERS OUT-

. Julien Faubert to Sevilla-£6.5million
. Manuel Da Costa to Celtic-£2.8million
. Herita Llunga to Villareal-£4.4million
. Nigel Quashie to WBA-250k
. Daniel Gabbidon to Hull £2.7million
. Fabio Daprela to Plymouth-LOAN
. Jonathon Spector to A\merica (MEX)-925K

TOTAL- £17.5million

TRANSFERS IN-

. Sol Campbell - Free
. Billy Jones - Preston - £3million
. Ronaldo - Corinthians - £3million (A MUST BUY FOR ANY TEAM)
. Andrew Taylor - Middlesbrough - £1.7million
. Steven Taylor - Newcastle - £5.5million
. Silviu Lung Jr - U Craiova - 220k

SUMMARY-

Overall got to be pleased with the transfers both in and out! I no Ronaldo and Lung Jr are not English but they are a must buy for any club in Football Manager 2010! Plus, Sol Campbell is a great tutor of you've got any hot prospects like James Tomkins!

Looking good, hammers if very tough but you do well with likes of Collison, Noble and Parker, hopefully you can get Ashton fit, also mate PM a mod to get this moved to FM Stories Section

Pre-season results-

Clyde 0-3 WEST HAM UTD
FC Porto 1-1 WEST HAM UTD
Fiorentina 4-2 WEST HAM UTD
West Ham Reserves 0-5 WEST HAM UTD

SUMMARY

Got to be satisfied with the reuslts and performances! I know the Fiorentina result wasn't the best but im played them over in Italy and played 2 different teams in either half!

Any advice or suggestions are welcome.....

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Whats a mod? Im not good at this! ha

A mod is someone who's name is highlighted in Green when they comment, I can do it for you if you like? They control the sight, close threads and ban people.

Yeah do it for me please if thats alright? Cheers pal

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

FIXTURES-

AUGUST-

WEST HAM UTD 1-1 Blackburn (Ronaldo)
WEST HAM UTD 3-0 Birmingham (Ronaldo x2 and Diamanti)
Liverpool 2-2 WEST HAM UTD (Stanislas and Jack Collison)
WEST HAM UTD 3-0 Leyton Orient (Carlton Cole x2 and Stanislas)
Chelsea 0-0 WEST HAM UTD

SUMMARY-

4 Points from a possible 6 at home is a decent start and im very happy with the two draws away from home! Especially to keep a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge which is tough for any team to do! Ronaldo has been class! Im playin a narrow formation as my strongest players play through the middle. Started playin Mathew Upson at left back also and he has shined! Good player!

Septembers update soon.....

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

SEPTEMBERS RESULTS

WEST HAM UTD 1-1 Bolton (Ronaldo)
Manchester Utd 0-0 WEST HAM UTD
Arsenal 1-1 WEST HAM UTD League Cup won 5-4 on pens (Mark Noble)
WEST HAM UTD 0-0 Hull
Sunderland 2-1 WEST HAM UTD (Ronaldo)
WEST HAM UTD 2-1 Everton (Ashton and Upson)

SUMMARY-

Tough fixtures again this month.... Stand out result will need 2 be the draw at old Trafford in the league.... Another fantastic defensive display! Good to see Dean Ashton back also.... Scorin on his first start for me! Gonna be tough for me to pick between him and Ronaldo seen as i only play one upfront both home and away!

Update

Not goingto post every score because people will lose interest!

Anyway, January was very quiet for West Ham in the transfer market, with not out goings or any players coming in! I managed to reach the Carling Cup Final but went down 3-1 to Everton! Cahill bagged a second half hatrick and they were deservant of there victory!

Finished the season in 10th place, which was my aim at the beginnin of the season so im pretty pleased!

Pre-season came around and there have been some big changes in the squad, removin (as i said at the start of the thread) foreign high earners and replacing them with young English talent when possible!

TRANSFERS OUT-

. Carlton Cole to Bristol City - £3million
. Valeron Behrami to Hull - £4million
. Diamanti to Hull - £4million
. Robert Green to Celtic - £7million (board interveined)
. Kovac to Benfica £4million (over 24months)

And alot of players left on a free includin Boa Morte who was on 40k a week and didn't kick a ball all season!

TRANSFERS IN-

Michael Johnson from Man City - £3million
Van Der Vaart from Real Madrid (loan)
Dan Gosling from Everton - £5.5million
Joe Hart from Man City - £2.8million
Gignac from Toulouse - £8million

Any feedback/advice welcome......

Last edited:
Unlucky lose Green, is Ljung Junior a direct replacement, I see you've made some solid signings though

hi, did any board takeover occur in your game? anyway, well done on your 1st season with west ham. try to make van der vaart's deal permanent if you can cos if real madrid removes him from the transfer list, you're not gonna get him no matter what.

Very good signings mate. I signed Gignac in my second season with West Ham for 12 M and he's scored 26 goals in 35 games so he will bang them in for your.

And I got taken over a few months into the first season so you will most likely get taken over too. Get rid of Kieron Dyer! He'son 70K a week and is absolute ****.

Wow.. You got rid of Cole, Illunga, Faubert, and Green has gone?

I'd resign straight when they sold Green, **** that.

Kovac and Behremmi is also very good..

I'm in year 2015 as West Ham and I've done exceptionally well - and the majority of players you've sold are still in my first team - I think you've made a few mistakes in the transfers if I'm honest mate, sorry to say..

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

And also, don't get rid of Dyer for fucksake, that's a hideous idea.

Jimenez is only on as loan, and Dyer is a quality player if played in a good formation.

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Also Boa Moate is on a long term injury, so you should have got rid of him at the start of the season.

Are you mad? With those funds he's made why on earth should he keep Dyer on 70K a week when he could buy someone better, younger and on a smaller contract?

But I'm shocked you sold Illunga, Cole, Green and Faubert as they seem to perform really well on my game

Dyer and Jimenez are immense players, Jimenez rarely gets injured and has excellent fitness, Dyer is also a fantastic Midfielder.

I only got rid of Dyer when I bought in 3 new Attacking Mids:

Di Maria, Obasi, Ribery.

And that was in 2015.

Nah I agree Jimenez is top class but I just think he's recouped so much money why not replace Dyer with a younger better player who would want less wages? Simon Vukcevic far better, will ask for less money and can be brought for between 5-10M.

Do you see where I'm coming from Stu?

Yes, exactly
Not need keeping a player with those wages when you get get a better,younger lad who will cost you less in the long run

Good stuff anyways mate

I was contenplatin gettin rid of Dyer, cause the 70k a week wages are far too much for a player of his ability! But who is a good young English player i can use to replace him?

Also,i think i've done excellent in the transfer market and decreased my wage outcome massively, whilst bringin in young better players! (in my opnion that is)

First game of the season i drew 2-2 away at Man City so im obviously doin somethin right!

My club did get takin over yeah and i was handed a £15million pound transfer kitty which i was happy with!

As always,any advice or suggestions are welcome! Cheers lads!

Isn't the youngster Stanislas good enough to replace him? How about Adam Johnson off 'Boro

Aye Stanislas is pretty good actually! I'll give him a run in the team! Cheers! Beat Fulham away 1-0 and just drew 1-1 with Arsenal at home! Crackin start!

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:27 PM ----------

November 2010 update.....

A quick update for all of use who are following! Im into november durin my second season with West Ham! Played 12 Won 5 Drew 6 and lost 1. An away defeat to Aston Villa! Very pleased and definately think i can achieve somethiung good with the current squad i have......

GK

Joe Hart
Lung Jr

DEFENDERS

Sol Campbell
Steven Taylor
James Tomkins
Mathew Upson
Andrew Taylor
Billy Jones
Jordan Spence

MIDFIELD