Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

What Books have you read/reading currently?

nicharit

Jun 6, 2010
Just starting The Deadly Dare Mysteries by Malorie Blackman. Loved her Nought & Crosses series (a recommend read) and also her other book The Stuff of Nightmares, so gonna give a crack on one which I recently picked up

Alcaraz

Jun 15, 2010
Thought about starting this again. I am currently reading The Godfather: Lost Years and have the The Godfather: Revenge lined up as well. Both are sequels to the classic The Godfather book. Hopefully they are as good as the first one

insanity

Nov 28, 2011
I like self development books. Here are my top recommendations:
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Getting the Things Done
Outwitting the Devil
Must reads for everybody.

I also like some educational readings. Currently reading Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism by Philip Kotler it is almost 700 pages and the information can be implemented not only in the hospitality business. I was impressed by Kotler's last book about Direct Marketing.

In general I prefer books that can give you some valuable information and knowledge about stuff you can use in life. I have for example read Body Language from Allen Gardner.

paetoja

Jul 13, 2010
I saw that book, had a browse and it seemed interesting. How are you liking it so far?
A LOT so far, only read the first 40 pages , but really interesting, he makes future sound really epic and cool, not so far future

Alcaraz

Jun 15, 2010
I am looking to buy Paths of Glory by Jeffrey Archer. Has anybody read it? Is it good?

Also on the lookout for novels on espionage/mafia or historical fiction. Anybody has any suggestions?

Alcaraz

Jun 15, 2010
I am looking to buy Paths of Glory by Jeffrey Archer. Has anybody read it? Is it good?

Also on the lookout for novels on espionage/mafia or historical fiction. Anybody has any suggestions?

Had a look around. It seems as if the Jack Ryan series by Tom Clancey fits the bill.

Also looking to get Crossfire: The plot that killed Kennedy as the film JFK was loosely based on that

Nov 5, 2009
'The Sisters Brothers' by Patrick DeWitt, a modern take on a western.

Two contract-killer brothers are tasked with an assassination but things don't go entirely to plan...

The writing style is really excellent, nice pace to it and all in all just a good read.

Also as a rule, anything by Bill Bryson.

YmirHasco

Feb 4, 2021
lately I'm only enough for my job and for recovery after hard days, but my last book is a collection of stories by Howard Lovecraft. I love his style, he is similar to mine

Feb 10, 2021
I'm reading Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality (HPMOR) now. is a Harry Potter fan fiction by Eliezer Yudkowsky. Recently, I have increasingly read literature and sources that are related to the topic of my dissertation. I write about behavioral economics and marketing. The company https://assignmentbro.com/us/marketing-assignment-help helps me a lot in organizing the research process, in the selection of literature and sources on the topic. There is less and less time left for reading fiction.

Last edited: