What Books have you read/reading currently?

Halfway through the slap- Christos Tsiolkas bit of a slow start but getting better!

Just starting The Deadly Dare Mysteries by Malorie Blackman. Loved her Nought & Crosses series (a recommend read) and also her other book The Stuff of Nightmares, so gonna give a crack on one which I recently picked up

I'm reading the Night Angel Trilogy at the moment. On the first book & it's pretty good. The writting isn't the best but the story more than makes up for it.

Bovver: Amazon.co.uk: Chris Brown: Books

All about Bristol Rovers supporters in the heyday of hooliganism. Also gives a very good story of life and street culture in Bristol. I'm so glad Bristol is what it is today compared to Bristol in the book.

Thought about starting this again. I am currently reading The Godfather: Lost Years and have the The Godfather: Revenge lined up as well. Both are sequels to the classic The Godfather book. Hopefully they are as good as the first one

I like self development books. Here are my top recommendations:
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Getting the Things Done
Outwitting the Devil
Must reads for everybody.

I also like some educational readings. Currently reading Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism by Philip Kotler it is almost 700 pages and the information can be implemented not only in the hospitality business. I was impressed by Kotler's last book about Direct Marketing.

In general I prefer books that can give you some valuable information and knowledge about stuff you can use in life. I have for example read Body Language from Allen Gardner.

I saw that book, had a browse and it seemed interesting. How are you liking it so far?

A LOT so far, only read the first 40 pages , but really interesting, he makes future sound really epic and cool, not so far future

I am looking to buy Paths of Glory by Jeffrey Archer. Has anybody read it? Is it good?

Also on the lookout for novels on espionage/mafia or historical fiction. Anybody has any suggestions?

I am looking to buy Paths of Glory by Jeffrey Archer. Has anybody read it? Is it good?

Also on the lookout for novels on espionage/mafia or historical fiction. Anybody has any suggestions?

Had a look around. It seems as if the Jack Ryan series by Tom Clancey fits the bill.

Also looking to get Crossfire: The plot that killed Kennedy as the film JFK was loosely based on that

'The Sisters Brothers' by Patrick DeWitt, a modern take on a western.

Two contract-killer brothers are tasked with an assassination but things don't go entirely to plan...

The writing style is really excellent, nice pace to it and all in all just a good read.

Also as a rule, anything by Bill Bryson.

Salvatores Dei by N.Kazantzakis (it must be read 2 or 3 times to be understandable)

lately I'm only enough for my job and for recovery after hard days, but my last book is a collection of stories by Howard Lovecraft. I love his style, he is similar to mine

I, too, used to look for this or that writer often when I read books in paper form. But now I am more attracted to the audio format. In the past week I have been able to listen to several books. The last book I listened to was "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. I really enjoyed this book. I recommend that you try listening to some books on allyoucanbooks com instead of the paper versions. This format saves time, takes care of your eyes, and gives you a new perspective on the familiar.

Last edited: