What Books have you read/reading currently?

A Song of Fire and Ice, by George R.R. Martin.

If anyone's been watching the TV series 'Game of Thrones', these are the books it is based on.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

I've read the Cirque du Freak trilogy by Darren Shan all 12 books were epic,

Trilogy? 12?

Though I do know there are 12 books, since I have also read them. Not looked into the Lord Loss/Demonata series by Darren Shan yet?

If anyone's been watching the TV series 'Game of Thrones', these are the books it is based on.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Trilogy? 12?

Though I do know there are 12 books, since I have also read them. Not looked into the Lord Loss/Demonata series by Darren Shan yet?

I think the fella meant its a triology as its split into 3 parts with 4 books making up one part

Trilogy? 12?

No not yet,will look into them though really enjoyed his books i was up until 5 every night reading them

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I think the fella meant its a triology as its split into 3 parts with 4 books making up one part
Yeah thats what i meant

I've just read Something Blue by Emily Giffin, have now moved onto The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I've also just ordered another book called One Day by David Nicolls can't wait to read that! :)

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, then gonna start on a book by Norway's greatest right-wing PM.

Didn't expect to see a fellow Ayn Rand fan on here. Have you been watching All Watched Over by the Machines of Loving Grace?

OT: Used to read a lot of fiction when I was younger, Alex Rider, Harry Potter, LOTR, In Cold Blood, Great Gatsby in particular. Since uni haven't had so much time to read fiction so mainly been reading academic literature for the past three years which can be interesting if you're interested in it.

Dan Brown - The lost symbol

Really good book. Never got to read 'The DaVinci code' or 'Angels and Demons'.

I've read the LOTR trilogy. Another great series, if you're into that sort of things.

I've just read Something Blue by Emily Giffin, have now moved onto The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I've also just ordered another book called One Day by David Nicolls can't wait to read that! :)

I have read the Girl with the Dragon mainly cos I had nothing better 2 do one time at my grans... its was a pretty good book, how u enjoying it so far?

Thats the book written by Hitler if I am not wrong, have not seen it in the places where I get my books from.. will look for it Thanx :)
they're not in libaries because jews steal them..i'm not actaully joking

Dan Brown - The lost symbol

Really good book. Never got to read 'The DaVinci code' or 'Angels and Demons'.

I've read the LOTR trilogy. Another great series, if you're into that sort of things.

Dan Brown is a great writer, enjoyed all his books and LOTR is a classic too although I rate Harry Potter higher

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

they're not in libaries because jews steal them..i'm not actaully joking

really? My History Teacher told me the book really told u alot of how Hitler used to think and all.... looks like a good book

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

really? My History Teacher told me the book really told u alot of how Hitler used to think and all.... looks like a good book
yeh i had to get it for history and in my local libary they said that jews, gays, gipsies etc steal them so it doesn't spread ideas. i bought it on ebay

Ulysses by James Joyce.

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Didn't expect to see a fellow Ayn Rand fan on here. Have you been watching All Watched Over by the Machines of Loving Grace?

Can't say I have, but they're making Atlas Shrugged into a film. Wonder how they're gonna do that!

Thats the book written by Hitler if I am not wrong, have not seen it in the places where I get my books from.. will look for it Thanx :)

It's illegal in a few countries, and imho is almost as bad as the Communist Manifesto.

Wiki on Mein Kampf.
Turkey: It was widely available and growing in popularity, even to the point where it became a bestseller, selling up to 100,000 copies in just two months in 2005.

Last edited:
I have an obsession reading books about Ross O Carroll Kelly. Dont know if there available in the UK though. Its about a cocky former rugby player who thinks hes gods gift to women. Really good read. I have all 12 books.

For those who havnt read heres a few quotes:
I'm like, "No, you don't understand. I was with you once. It was a focking beer goggles job. I've no interest in you. End of story." And she, like, bursts into tears, roysh, and runs out of the place and one of her friends, like, runs out after her.

Then I'm just there going,
'That is IT. I am going to get totally hammered and score someone in front of her.'

I'm there, 'You're not the first person to misjudge me,' and she goes, 'I know. You get SUCH a hord time from people,' and I'm like, 'It's mostly because I'm good-looking,' and she nods all, like, sympathetically, I suppose you'd call it.

I'm like, "I'm hordly homophobic. I just don't like goys cracking onto me.

I don't like tomato ketchup either. Doesn't make me ketchup-aphobic. Just don't like it.'

There's a book I'd like to read called The Iceman, true stories aout a contract killer and how he used to torture his victims.

There's a book I'd like to read called The Iceman, true stories aout a contract killer and how he used to torture his victims.

Sounds good, im always looking forward to The Power of 6 by Pittacus Lore, I am Number 4 was a good read but the film didnt do it justice.

Richard Kuklinski? If so there are two HBO interviews with him which are worth a watch.

Richard Kuklinski? If so there are two HBO interviews with him which are worth a watch.

That's the fella! A mate told me about him, my boss in fact lol so I'm gonna see if I can pick it up next week.