What Car Do You Drive?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 116
  • Views Views 19K
If it did make a difference, everyone would say it anyway! :P

If you get insured on it, fair enough, but I think it is highly unlikely.

Well he is willing to pay, it iswhether the insurance company think it is ok. Hope they do <)

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Makes no difference who is paying, they can't take the risks.

Mis-read your message :)

Don't get me wrong.
I would love you to get insured in such a kick *** motor but if you were the insurance company, would you insure a high risk young male?
I'm certain you are a decent lad but the fact of the matter is that your age and *** is against you, regardless of who you are, who is paying and how slow you will drive (get a bleedin panda then ;-) .

Good luck with it though.

I was talking to my Dad about insurance and I asked him this :

"If you had a job with high responsibility, like the Army, Police Force, Paramedic etc would you get a better deal seeing as you would more than likely be a responsible person". He didn't know, if anyone else knows the answer it would be a good help !

N. Ireland goes by by Brittish Insurers. As i said my grandad is paying for it if i do well in my GCSE's [5 A's minimum with no fails].

Surely if you are doing your GCSE's then you are only 15 or 16 which means you cannot even learn until your are 17 so you have obviously never driven on the road before yet you are going to drive a 3.2 V6? Lol

Don't get me wrong.
I would love you to get insured in such a kick *** motor but if you were the insurance company, would you insure a high risk young male?
I'm certain you are a decent lad but the fact of the matter is that your age and *** is against you, regardless of who you are, who is paying and how slow you will drive (get a bleedin panda then ;-) .

Good luck with it though.

I dunno bout the rules for insurance in England/Ireland, but in Australia, if you want insurance on a car like that, you can list your parents as the main car owners/drivers, with you as a secondary driver, which will mean you get insurance, and it usually a fair bit cheaper.
Hope that helps, looks like a beast of a car, burning with jealousy, cruising in my Mazda 2 ;)

Land Rover Defender 90 1995
2680.jpg

Not that exact one but similar, witha winch raised air intake and roof rack.
And the best thing is my dads a farmer so its on commercial insurance with him as the main driver :D

Land Rover Defender 90 1995
2680.jpg

Not that exact one but similar, witha winch raised air intake and roof rack.
And the best thing is my dads a farmer so its on commercial insurance with him as the main driver :D

Now thats a beast.

Still driving my first car, a 1999 Ford Focus, I'm just going to drive it until it falls apart as if I sell it will probably only get a couple of hundred quid, saving up for my next car now, don't know when I'll get it or what it'll be though :S

a 58 plate Peugeot 207. just got it last week. first car was a fiat uno or as i called it - a transformer :D

images

brings back memories of a leaky petrol tank, a 3rd gear that didnt work and inability to park on a hill due to the dodgy handbrake!

my dad drives a BMW convertible 328i auto sport in boston green e36 is lovely and comfortable
16163266.jpg

A silver Renault Clio as of yesterday :)

Porsche Cayenne S 2004. Don`t think I`ll ever change. (Except for the Turbo)
Big, comfortable, 4WD, lots of space, and drives like a sports car. It`s a full package.

Back