What If ?... A Newcastle United Story

PrinceBassong

Reaction score
I'm using the 9.3.0 patch as I want to use Nolan etc, I'm going to do a what if? Managerial Story :) Rewind back to the start of 08/09 Premier League season at Newcastle United. Imagine if Kevin Keegan wasn't in charge but Sir Bobby Robson's former assistant at Newcastle was in charge...John Carver. John Carver was an unsung hero in Sir Bobby's success at Newcastle United, and left in 2005 after having his contract terminated as part of Graeme Souness's backroom staff reform :(. Carver has been at Leeds United, Luton Town and Toronto FC, taking up assistant roles and finally a Managers job at Toronto FC since leaving Newcastle United.

Sky Sports News:

Breaking News John Carver former Newcastle United, Leeds United and Luton Town assistant manager has been announced as Newcastle United's new manager. Carver is replacing Kevin Keegan after a short period on Tyneside, where he again walked out on the club after disagreements with Newcastle United's Board of Directors. It has been 3 years since Carver's last spell at Newcastle United and many fans will be hoping he will be taking a leaf out of his old boss's book by leading Newcastle United to Europe again.

Update's soon... :)

like the idea :), stick with this, should be good

looking good

good luck with this story i will be following

Aye have been thinking of writing one of these for a while, but haven't had the idea until now for it :)

write a nice story and do us proud, cuz i haven seen a newcastle story so far and u bet i will be following this ;)

Nice idea. Good to see games getting done on 9.0.3 as well. Should make top 10 easy.

Great idea mate, nice to see a newcastle thread. I'm following^^)

good idea prince, i shall be following with interest. good luck

John Carver has been given £8M to strengthen his Newcastle United side, a number of players have been linked with a switch to Tyneside including:

Per Cijan Skjelbred

Eden Hazard

Alexis Sanchez

Razvan Ochirosii

Chris Gunter

Joe Ledley

But many players have been linked with a move away from St James Park such as:

Nicky ****

Geremi

Alan Smith

Cacapa

Shola Ameobi

Michael Owen

Joey Barton

Carver has also expressed his intentions to bring hot prospects Andy Carroll, Kazenga LuaLua and Tamas Kadar through to the 1st team this season aswell.

Might need to do a bit of cheating to get Barton out of the club :)

will be good to see how you shape the newcastle side if those players leave the club. had any good offers for any of them yet, or is it all just rumour?

will be good to see how you shape the newcastle side if those players leave the club. had any good offers for any of them yet, or is it all just rumour?

I'll keep you posted in about 10 mins ;) looks as though its going well though.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Sky Sports News:

Newcastle United have scoured Europe in a bid to land future top talents signing Eden Hazard of LOSC Lille Metropole, Per Cijan Skjelbred of Rosenborg BK, Alexis Sanchez of Udinese, Razvan Ochirosii of Steaua Bucharest, Chris Gunter of Tottenham Hotspur and Joe Ledley of Cardiff City. This is part of John Carver's overhaul in the playing staff which has seen a mass exodous at the club with Cacapa, Shola Ameobi, Alan Smith, Geremi, Nicky ****, Xisco and Michael Owen finding new clubs, after being told to leave. Carver is still in the Transfer Market as he looks for a Striker to complete his bundle of summer signings.

Per Cijan Skjelbred = £1.5M, Rosenborg

Eden Hazard = £4M plus clauses potentially could rise to £7M, Lille

Alexis Sanchez = £4.5M, Udinese

Razvan Ochirosii = £250K, Steaua

Chris Gunter = £3.5M, Tottenham Hotspur

Joe Ledley = £3.5M, Cardiff City

OUT:

Nicky **** = Loan future fee of £1.5M, West Brom

Geremi = £2.5M, Fulham

Alan Smith = £4.2M, Sunderland

Cacapa = £250K, Wigan

Shola Ameobi = £2.5M, Sheffield United

Michael Owen = £10M, Manchester City

Xisco = Loan to future fee of £6.75M, Fulham

well done u got some great deals their

hopfully ur team gells nicely and u can get off to a good start

try demba ba or ibisevic from hoffenheim both class

good luck

sorry for off topic but keithyyou know ibisevic scored a hat trick in 20 mins at the weekend lol hes good on the game too got him at westham.

that is impressive the deals you got, espically owen for 10 mil, and a 6.75 mil loan fee for xisco.

well done u got some great deals their

hopfully ur team gells nicely and u can get off to a good start

try demba ba or ibisevic from hoffenheim both class

good luck

John Carver has to do a bit of adjusting to the budgets, but ibisevic is looking ideal.

ive never heard of him before, looks like i might have to take a little look at this guy and check him out. any one got a screenshot of his stats and that?

ive never heard of him before, looks like i might have to take a little look at this guy and check him out. any one got a screenshot of his stats and that?

check out my old hoffenheim story and their should be a few screenshots in that