r1cky

Reaction score
Are clean sheets even permitted in FM12? I've been playing FM since it was CM and I've never ever witnessed anything like this... I've tried everything with my tactics with different teams in different leagues to get a reasonable defence and it's absolutely f*****g impossible since 12.1. Anyone else suffering with this 'problem' ?

Better still.. Any ideas/solutions, because it's really putting me off FM, and please don't reply with put-down's on my knowledge/skill on the game, as like I said I've been playing and making skins for years, I need some genuine opinions... Thanks

in the match prep' set it as high work level on defence positioning. or maybe it's just your luck or unluck even!

I normally prefer my assistant to handle the match prep.. But ok I'll try it. Going 4-0 up against Millwall at home, then drawing 4-4 because they had 5 shots isn't down to luck lol

try going more defensive in your tactic when you are winning, maybe going to very rigid or contain, this should make it incredibly hard for the opposition to break you down however i would only recommend doing it when you're happy with the current result as it's extremely hard for your team to score when you do this.

I normally prefer my assistant to handle the match prep.. But ok I'll try it. Going 4-0 up against Millwall at home, then drawing 4-4 because they had 5 shots isn't down to luck lol

That would be down to complacency in your players. at this you should be taking the sting out of the game, passing to feet and retaining possession, asking the player to effectively knock the ball around in safe areas.

Hard to give suggestions without knowing you are, and what your side and formation is like. Where are you conceding goals from? Wings? through the middle? Corners?

4-2-3-1 with leeds, tried setting my defence to push higher up, play offside trap.. Failed and conceded way too easily regardless of match time or scoreline. Set the defensive line back, no offside trap - same problem. I normally start with a control strategy at home, or standard when I'm away.. If beating a harder team I'll set them to counter or defend.
My problem is that the defence struggles from the start of the game, was the same when I managed Aston Villa. I'm using a very similar tactic for which I used at Newcastle, on 12.0.4 and never had a problem at all.. So I'm totally bemused to be honest :S

4-2-3-1 with leeds, tried setting my defence to push higher up, play offside trap.. Failed and conceded way too easily regardless of match time or scoreline. Set the defensive line back, no offside trap - same problem. I normally start with a control strategy at home, or standard when I'm away.. If beating a harder team I'll set them to counter or defend.
My problem is that the defence struggles from the start of the game, was the same when I managed Aston Villa. I'm using a very similar tactic for which I used at Newcastle, on 12.0.4 and never had a problem at all.. So I'm totally bemused to be honest :S

This could be down to the changes to morale, since there were no ME changes. Some tactics thrive when their players are fired up, so they naturally close down quicker harder faster, and in 12.04 it ws very easy to keep your players on superb morale, more difficult on 12.1.1

Im guessing that your players just dont seem to get anywhere near the opposition?

This:
VitessevFCBayernStats_MatchStats.png

I'm scoring really well, got the team playing short passes.. Dominating posession but when the opposition get's the ball they will probably score from absolutely nothing. If it wasn't for this I'd be absolutely flying. Tried making a balanced tactic before, and ended up not scoring

Vanjagl I'd have match stats like that (Me being Vitesse) and lose 2-1

If you had my tactic, you would win almost every game. It's like cheat tactic.

I've never downloaded someone elses tactic, takes the fun out of the game. Thanks anyway

Who said i'm going to upload it :p
Sorry for spam.
Well, it's seems that I always score **** load of goals, and also I concede a lot ( sometimes). Football with goals is clearly what SI had in plan :)

I'm scoring really well, got the team playing short passes.. Dominating posession but when the opposition get's the ball they will probably score from absolutely nothing. If it wasn't for this I'd be absolutely flying. Tried making a balanced tactic before, and ended up not scoring

It sounds like the defensive balance is off, and before the tactic defensive relied on fired up players (common in 12.04, but not in 12.1.1)

Play a few more games, if and when you concede, look at your players, if possible even upload highlights of the goals.

I normally play TC, but if you are a classic user, have a look at the closing down of your players, maybe adjust it up a couple of notches. I would also upload the tactic, save and some screenshots to this thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...center***-uploads-discussion-help-thread.html

TBH is very good at analysis holes and flaws, she might be able to help you

Obviously scoring goals is good, but I'd rather win 2-0 than 5-3 or something.. Just the way I play, which I'm having a lot of trouble with!

takes account on your defence line and your :foreveralone: Goal keeper.
in my arsenal save, steve mananda is beast, and when like 10 games clean sheet.

Cheers for the help. Might try that aswell as converting to classic, which is what I've used in all previous versions of FM.

Lol_101 as much as I'd like to sign Mandanda, I'm Leeds lol

So far in FM.. imo best keeper has to be Mandanda, while the worst should be Salvatore srigu.

yeah in my psg , he so irritating cuz he makes more mistakes than any gk i have ever had. he is a good keeper no question on that, but the 'mistake lead to goals' scenario is just irritating. :mad:

I have 2 defenders that have good stopper and cover attributes, they seem to coincide each other well