Yeah, it was my brother using Ronaldo. He had about 160 goals total, and over 100 league goals. Was truly ridiculous. <)

He's annoyed as he is now 8 seasons in, and it has left a dirty stain on his record.

Meh, he used it for a season, aslong as he stopped using it after getting that many goals, I suppose you can say he was just 'seeing if it worked'... ;)

I downloaded a tactic on my chelsea save. and carvalho scored a lot of goals from the back post. The tactics where basically flinging it to the back post.

Is that part of the corner bug? or was it just carvalho being dominent at the back post?

Backpost works too but you need someone realy dominant in the air for it to be effective and I'd say thats just realistic not very cheaty.

A corner bug is an insect that lives where two walls meet.......

well, thats the only corner bug i'd allow in my house :p

the '1 defeat in 58 games'' has the corner bugs on the dowload tactics section.

I rekon some people on stories use it any if theyre losing with like 20 minutes left and make a miraculous comeback.

Not mee, cheating is for rubbish managers and im the new Bill Nicholson, only playing with Swindon at the moment lol.

i agree thats it a bit of a cheat but just lost 3-1 to spurs and defoe scored 2 from edge on pen area from corners and i wasn't using corner bug....

If I can I would disagree with the posibility of te corner bug being cheating. I mean, Football many times implies "cheating" opponents intelligence. In this case obviously is artificial intelligence. Moreover, it´s possible the game machine is cheating us in some way, specially those who aren´t specialized in it.

It is a cheat/exploit when you take advantage of a flaw in the AI/game design. The game cannot cheat, it is a program - a set of instructions and code it has to follow. It doesn't just go "oh **** I'm losing hax mode on" It will either cheat all the time meaning the program sucks or it won't cheat at all. With a game that has been analysed in depth by users like fm2010 I can guarantee you this doesn't happen

No one is good at Super Mario Bros in their first 10-20 games,, everyone takes time to learn to play and develop skills. To say you're being cheated because you're not specialized in it is a cop out IMO. You're supposed to get your *** kicked so you do get better.

But it's not for me to criticise how anyone plays the game. If you're satisfied with winning every game and a player scoring 100+ goals a season that's your perogative.

Yes but this has happened may be once in a year.. Even 10 goals per season from corners is unreal.. Is there any team that actually scores more than 10 from corners in real life?

Last edited:
but it could if used. look at spurs when teddy wa there there used a drilled low near post/ pen area and he scored loads like that

yeah i agree with everyone who said corner bug sucks, i mean i started with england, ended up winning the world cup, with every match 3 goal difference including vs italy, brazil, argentina and holland.

then started with huddersfield, (not using the cornerbug) and won the league 1, and doing awesome in championship, i guess corner bugs just takes away the pleasure in victories

but it could if used. look at spurs when teddy wa there there used a drilled low near post/ pen area and he scored loads like that

Teddy Sheringham Career league games - 760, Teddy Sheringham career goals = 289. Of those how many were scored from the same way as the corner bug? Let's be VERY VERY generous and say 40%. (approx 110 goals) came from long shots off corners. I don't think you can say he's scored more than 50% of his goals like that

That's 110 in close to 800 games. To put it simply once in every 8 games, not even close to once or twice a game.

If you want me to to do it for just the Spurs it's 166 games played and 76 goals scored. I'll even be more generous and say 50% of the goals were scored off longshots off corners. 38/166 That''s still nowhere near once or twice a game

And I'm not even going to try to guess how many attempts Teddy had to convert that many goals (the current avg is something like 20 corners combined per game for both teams)

Last edited:
i totality agree with wat your saying but, im pretty sure si dint put this flow in the game to be a cheat. people who are really good on making tactics have found loads of fault with the match engine & put them into there tactics does that mean it's a cheat i try & use the way José Mourinho did at Chelsea has he had success with that

well, to be fair.. in google.. the advert for this site does say "Football Manager 2010 Cheats, Players, Tactics & Tips." so if anyone moans about cheats and everything should really read the label lol.

the corner bug is that and that a lone, a bug which can be exploited. Whether it is a cheat or not is just semantics at the end of the day and it is up to the user in question if they wish to use it or not. No one here is perfect. As the saying goes "He who is with out sin cast the first stone" and all that jazz :)

Ok.. but where do i instruct the corner taker to hit the ball in the right area??

i instructed players to challenge keeper/near posts/far posts and one player to 'lurk' around the area.. but that ended up in me having no defenders and the opposition getting the ball in my half and score against me. :(

Also... where can i get 'free transfers'?